Sack cocu

dantheram

26 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Like the case with Derby fans warning fans about different people, it's normally the minority. I saw more PSV fans saying he'll do great than saying he's rubbish. 

He averaged over 2 goals a game for PSV and in his final season, averaged over 2.5 goals per game.

This is a take and a half. Ibe wouldn't have joined if he wasn't on board with Cocu.

This right here is weird. Lets lose these games 3-1 rather than actually getting points. Then you go on to say we need to be careful otherwise we'll get relegated????

Your last point you just made up though...

We were 1 nil up, we chose to sit back and gave away 2 points.

How do you know we would lose 3-1 if we kept the pressure on? What's to say we wouldnt score a 2nd, or heaven forbid a 3rd.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We created some decent chances in the second half, another day they'll go in. The goals will come with continuing improved performance.

Its pointless arguing with me, you'll be apologising by Christmas when we are tearing up the league.

I will remember this post and promise I will offer my sincerest apologies when we tear it up at Christmas.

I really hope you are right.

Tearing up the division at Christmas? Personally I’ll be shocked if we have passed the 30 point mark going into January.

The hope I am clinging onto is that the games are genuinely there for us to improve.

QPR, Barnsley, Wycombe, Coventry, Stoke and Preston at home as well as Rotherham and Birmingham away would all be looked at as games we have a fairly strong chance of winning in ordinary circumstances.

But given the start we have had and the fact that we are 8 points down in comparable fixtures from 2019-20, I am not even convinced of that right now.

I am not even sure that’s because teams at this level have improved. I just think we have regressed.

Funnily enough in terms of football played I think the most impressive team we have played is Norwich and they are the only side we’ve beaten all season.

Just caught up with this thread post the game last night. I was really impressed with the first half performance and was disappointed with the 2nd half ( similar to the Huddersfield game). I would still say I’m Cocu in with concerns (I’m not sure if this is worse for the more extreme Cocu in fans) but totally accept that there has to come a point on the next 4-6 games where the points return must improve.

I find some of the comments about fans applying external pressure via this forum odd as this is a period when players will feel the lowest amount of pressure on them from fans. The general sense that unless you positively reinforce all the club, manager and team do is frankly a bit weird as though that in some way will impact what happens in games ( I do think there are a couple of fantasists who think there comments directly influence Mel Morris the manager or players). As far as sacking the manger goes clearly  if there is a groundswell of fans across multiple platforms, people in street as well as close friends and advisors of Mel who want Cocu out then this will be an influencing factor  but ultimately Mel Morris will be the sole arbiter of any decision made. 

Some people may well be faced with the dilemma of not positively reinforcing a decision made by the owner. The likely blame on this will be external pressure that will make  a highly successful multi millionaire for being ‘forced’ into getting rid of Cocu to give Mel a free pass and blame other fans. It’s all a bit silly really as  there is one thing and one thing only in the short term that will get more fans behind Cocu and prevent Mel from pulling the trigger. Results. This must include winning results and whether anybody likes it or not PC is now in a position where he is solely in control of that. 

i genuinely hope he does but time is running out for him and that’s got nowt to do with me or any other poster on here. 

44 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Go where he’s on a 4 year contract. 

Are you going to pay him off 

At some point I suppose Mel will have to weigh up the cost of paying-off the long term contracts of Cocu and his team versus the cost of relegation from the Championship.

I suspect that relegation will probably cost us more ?

37 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Your last point you just made up though...

We were 1 nil up, we chose to sit back and gave away 2 points.

How do you know we would lose 3-1 if we kept the pressure on? What's to say we wouldnt score a 2nd, or heaven forbid a 3rd.

Did we chose to sit back or did Cardiff raise their game, as did forest, and that caused us to sit back? It is almost impossible to attack for a full 90 minutes in this division, the opposition are going to get on top at some point. We need to be able to react to that when it happens. 

1 minute ago, Birdyabroad said:

At some point I suppose Mel will have to weigh up the cost of paying-off the long term contracts of Cocu and his team versus the cost of relegation from the Championship.

I suspect that relegation will probably cost us more ?

We aren't going to get relegated, so Mel will not need to weigh it up. 

6 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

I’ve heard teams often avoid relegation when they score 0 from open play and a free kick every three games

Does the goal at Luton not count then?

Yes it hasn't been great so far, I'm not arguing that. We need to look at the bigger picture, the improvements made over the last 4 games, since our best attacking players have returned and getting back up to match fitness. We put a stop to the rot of the start of the season and we are slowly building. 

Archived