Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all getting a bit wearing  as It looks like after every game we are going to get the Cocu sack thread revitalised.  

I think it’s strange after a decent draw with Cardiff that we get this happening.  

If we had a crystal ball and the future looked awful I could see the reasoning behind it but we don’t.  

Its far to early to be sacking Cocu. 

11 hours ago, Andicis said:

Part of the worst team in history. Legend. 

Not having this. That Championship side was much better, cheaper, more entertaining and organised than the current team. 

what happened after Wembley is misrepresented to defend and protect those that really ruined us, the ones not prepared to put their hands in their pockets and buy better players! In preference to cashing in and seeking a buyer for the club! 

Davies did a great job getting us up. Cannot be argued/disputed. 

14 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This is all getting a bit wearing  as It looks like after every game we are going to get the Cocu sack thread revitalised.  

I think it’s strange after a decent draw with Cardiff that we get this happening.  

A 'decent' draw? Woohoo mid-table excitement here we come! ?

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not having this. That Championship side was much better, cheaper, more entertaining and organised than the current team. 

what happened after Wembley is misrepresented to defend and protect those that really ruined us, the ones not prepared to put their hands in their pockets and buy better players! In preference to cashing in and seeking a buyer for the club! 

Davies did a great job getting us up. Cannot be argued/disputed. 

What little money he was given he chose to spend on Claude Davis. I'm glad he didn't get any more. There's a reason he's been out of work for 6 years now. He's a crap manager.

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If we had a crystal ball and the future looked awful I could see the reasoning behind it but we don’t.  

Its far to early to be sacking Cocu. 

It will only get revitalised if we continue to languish at the foot of the table and fail to win games.

If we start winning and climbing up,it won't.

Simples.

Just now, Anon said:

What little money he was given he chose to spend on Claude Davis. I'm glad he didn't get any more. There's a reason he's been out of work for 6 years now. He's a crap manager.

He's not a crap manager. I think he has issues, that is clear to see.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

A collective responsibility, so you can't remove Cocu and his team from that. The best he makes from what resources he has is mostly quite ordinary. Maybe because most of the players are quite ordinary, but maybe not. Don't think Cocu is ever going to get us playing better than the sum of our parts and not much exciting football either.

I think you are putting a bit of a spin on that.

what I am suggesting is that As a consequence of historic decisions made by directors, we are having to cope with the recovery phase of financial planning. senior players are leaving; we have had limited opportunity to recruit; financial restrictions are applied; the policy is to use academy graduates etc etc. All of that should change expectations. Yet promotion, and play offs still seem to be the expectation of many. Similarly the expectation that we should be beating team x, team y or team z. Similarly that we should be producing mac1 quality football.

we are all guilty to a greater or lesser degree of ignoring the new constraints. 

This team, on paper, should be performing much better than is the case. We don’t have a bad side, it’s just the way it is being managed that is the issue. We haven’t been getting the results or scoring enough goals for a long time. 
The form over the last dozen games is nothing short of abysmal; if it continues in the same vein for another half dozen games, then there’s no two ways of looking at it - we’ll be in a battle to stay up. 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

A 'decent' draw? Woohoo mid-table excitement here we come! ?

For me Cardiff are a reasonable team and very tough and strong.

We wanted Moore and Wilson but they chose Cardiff so maybe we are a mid table team at the moment yes. 

No coincidence that we find it tough to attract players nowadays due to our financial situation.

Are Cardiff  are still getting Parachute payments and it makes a massive difference 

54 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Just a quick challenge (to you and the Cocu out peeps on the thread)

How many points did you think we'd get in October at the start of the season? 

I recall most people on the forum looking at October and wondering if we'd get any points at all - All 3 relegated teams, 2 teams who outplayed us last season and finished above us and one team we always struggle against

Across the 5 games so far it's been super fine margins that have made the difference - A single moment of briliance from Rooney at Norwich, a single moment of brilliance from Watford and a single great team move by Huddersfield - And then the last 2 games we've been mostly the better side and but for a Shinnie miss, a disallowed goal and a matter of inches at times against Cardiff we'd have had wins

And that's all with Waggers and Lawrence not fully match fit and Ibe not yet ready for selection

September was pretty painful but October has shown shoots of promise

Or were you expecting us to comprehensively outplay Watford, Norwich, Forest and Cardiff? If you were then I think your expectations are slightly out fo whack

That's a great post, Cheron and deserves to be read more than once. 

4 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

This team, on paper, should be performing much better than is the case. We don’t have a bad side, it’s just the way it is being managed that is the issue. We haven’t been getting the results or scoring enough goals for a long time. 
The form over the last dozen games is nothing short of abysmal; if it continues in the same vein for another half dozen games, then there’s no two ways of looking at it - we’ll be in a battle to stay up. 

We wont be anywhere near getting relegated....we will be the most mid table boring team ever.... there has to be a case that we have taken over from the likes of Birmingham and Reading now as the most non descript mid table team that no one care about now..?

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I think sometimes people go on about tactics and formations too much .

Essentially is about players performance levels and opponents allowing you to play. 

I think Derby are improving but I would criticize him playing Wisdom at CB though. 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

We wont be anywhere near getting relegated....we will be the most mid table boring team ever.... there has to be a case that we have taken over from the likes of Birmingham and Reading now as the most non descript mid table team that no one care about now..?

I care about them why do you want people other than Derby fans to care about us. 

We should have a siege mentality because the EFL treatment for a start. 

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Just a quick challenge (to you and the Cocu out peeps on the thread)

How many points did you think we'd get in October at the start of the season? 

I recall most people on the forum looking at October and wondering if we'd get any points at all - All 3 relegated teams, 2 teams who outplayed us last season and finished above us and one team we always struggle against

Across the 5 games so far it's been super fine margins that have made the difference - A single moment of briliance from Rooney at Norwich, a single moment of brilliance from Watford and a single great team move by Huddersfield - And then the last 2 games we've been mostly the better side and but for a Shinnie miss, a disallowed goal and a matter of inches at times against Cardiff we'd have had wins

And that's all with Waggers and Lawrence not fully match fit and Ibe not yet ready for selection

September was pretty painful but October has shown shoots of promise

Or were you expecting us to comprehensively outplay Watford, Norwich, Forest and Cardiff? If you were then I think your expectations are slightly out fo whack

Post of the year. 

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Leeds fans will still care about us - for a PL club, they have some of the most 4th division fans in football.....

16 minutes ago, Anon said:

Wasnt in the championship so not relevant to this debate. The Davis debate is for a different thread too. Painfully exposed by a weak midfield, ALL our defenders looked/were inept, Darren Moore looked no better. That was the level we were at. 

Archived