Sack cocu

dantheram

9 minutes ago, rynny said:

We aren't going to get relegated, so Mel will not need to weigh it up. 

I hope you’re joking ?

If you, or others in here, think we’re too good to go down, or somehow because we’re Derby County with our glorious history we’re too big to grace Division 1, then you’re deluded fella.

Cocu is just not a Championship manager, ironically he may do better in the Prem or Spanish top division, but he ain’t suited to the relentless ‘thud and blunder’ of the Championship.

As I say, time to weigh up the costs for Mel ?‍♂️

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Does the goal at Luton not count then?

Yes it hasn't been great so far, I'm not arguing that. We need to look at the bigger picture, the improvements made over the last 4 games, since our best attacking players have returned and getting back up to match fitness. We put a stop to the rot of the start of the season and we are slowly building. 

And the case for the defence would like to submit exhibit A: 

‘The goal at Luton’ 

?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That is a bit of a strange question.

I want him to succeed because he is a nice man, I wouldn't want anyone to lose their job, it would be nice to have stability, it would cost lots to replace him.

But, it isnt working, we are in one of our worst runs of form for a long time (be interested to know how long), if we include pre-season we have won 2 games in 19, the tactics are poor, substitutions bizarre, football rubbish.

The only saving grace at the minute is I havent got to get ready and walk to Pride Park to watch it. I try to forget that I'm currently paying 420 quid for the privilege of watching on my sofa.

It isn't really a strange question.

To want him to succeed, you surely want him to have the opportunity to do so. He can't have that opportunity if he's fired.

30 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

I hope you’re joking ?

If you, or others in here, think we’re too good to go down, or somehow because we’re Derby County with our glorious history we’re too big to grace Division 1, then you’re deluded fella.

Cocu is just not a Championship manager, ironically he may do better in the Prem or Spanish top division, but he ain’t suited to the relentless ‘thud and blunder’ of the Championship.

As I say, time to weigh up the costs for Mel ?‍♂️

I think you are entirely correct. Far to many fans think we are too good to be relegated. I believe we have a squad capable of being in the top 6. I believe Cocu has recruited extremely well. Byrne and Marshall are outstanding acquisitions, in Buchanan we really have unearthed an absolute jem and in my opinion is light years ahead of Bogle when he started and left. The forward line up is exciting and with potential new players Ibe and Duncan being wild card additions to push for places. However, I just don't believe Cocu can manage the team in the Championship. His tactics and negativity will see us around the bottom of the table all season, or at best approaching mid table at best. He lacks charisma and it seems the ability to motivate and get the best out of players. Great coach he may, average manger-not even that!

56 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

And the case for the defence would like to submit exhibit A: 

‘The goal at Luton’ 

?

If you were prosecuting in a court of law then the fact you lied about an obvious fact would make me wonder what else you were lying about. 

You'll never convince the jury with that sort of behaviour! ?

33 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It isn't really a strange question.

To want him to succeed, you surely want him to have the opportunity to do so. He can't have that opportunity if he's fired.

I'm sorry but this is football, its a results based business simple as. Few managers if any are given an unlimited amount of time. If he takes us down has he still not had long enough ? Or lets put it another way - when will you say Cocu has had enough time ?

4 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Am I watching the wrong team? Rowett-ball?

Last night I watched a team trying, and mostly succeeding, with a possession-based passing game. Tempo is improving now as well.

I am happy to watch this football, but under Rowett I wasn't.

Keep the faith. Long way to go but I can see a style forming and with a bit more bite up front I can see the shoots of an exciting, attacking team.

Hold on, last two games we’ve had 41% and 44% possession. So how on earth is that possession based football?

6 minutes ago, Justa said:

I'm sorry but this is football, its a results based business simple as. Few managers if any are given an unlimited amount of time. If he takes us down has he still not had long enough ? Or lets put it another way - when will you say Cocu has had enough time ?

ALL businesses are results based.

Cocu doesn't have an unlimited amount of time. He has a four-year contract, doesn't he? That's by it's very definition, limited.

I believe with the players we’ve got (even given the injuries earlier on), we absolutely should be doing better than what we are.

Tactics are confusing. We’ve gone from defensive and possession based, to a completely different structure which is more direct/counter attacking.

Neither is yielding results.

Of 8 league games, maybe at a push we only deserved to win one. (Forest). 

We don’t look like a team which is going to score two or more in a game.

Given this was the Cocu mgt style we were warned about, it’s completely coming true.

Then last night, the in-game tactics were bizarre to say the least in the second half. How Sibley didn’t get on I’ll never know. We were too scared of what they were going to do instead of going for the win ourselves. Moving to 4-3-3 with Sibley or Holmes was the right call and we could have won that game.

Oh well - season has gone anyway unless avoiding relegation is a fun game?

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Did we chose to sit back or did Cardiff raise their game, as did forest, and that caused us to sit back? It is almost impossible to attack for a full 90 minutes in this division, the opposition are going to get on top at some point. We need to be able to react to that when it happens. 

It does amazes me that some fans think this way, like we chose to sit back with one goal because we didn't fancy scoring five last night. Just fancied making it hard for ourselves.

We were up against a physical aggressive side with experience campaigners at this level, they did a job on us physically and we missed loads of chances to get a second or make more of positions. 

9 minutes ago, Justa said:

Just a quick challenge (to you and the Cocu out peeps on the thread)

How many points did you think we'd get in October at the start of the season? 

I recall most people on the forum looking at October and wondering if we'd get any points at all - All 3 relegated teams, 2 teams who outplayed us last season and finished above us and one team we always struggle against

Across the 5 games so far it's been super fine margins that have made the difference - A single moment of briliance from Rooney at Norwich, a single moment of brilliance from Watford and a single great team move by Huddersfield - And then the last 2 games we've been mostly the better side and but for a Shinnie miss, a disallowed goal and a matter of inches at times against Cardiff we'd have had wins

And that's all with Waggers and Lawrence not fully match fit and Ibe not yet ready for selection

September was pretty painful but October has shown shoots of promise

Or were you expecting us to comprehensively outplay Watford, Norwich, Forest and Cardiff? If you were then I think your expectations are slightly out fo whack

10 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Just a quick challenge (to you and the Cocu out peeps on the thread)

How many points did you think we'd get in October at the start of the season? 

I recall most people on the forum looking at October and wondering if we'd get any points at all - All 3 relegated teams, 2 teams who outplayed us last season and finished above us and one team we always struggle against

Across the 5 games so far it's been super fine margins that have made the difference - A single moment of briliance from Rooney at Norwich, a single moment of brilliance from Watford and a single great team move by Huddersfield - And then the last 2 games we've been mostly the better side and but for a Shinnie miss, a disallowed goal and a matter of inches at times against Cardiff we'd have had wins

And that's all with Waggers and Lawrence not fully match fit and Ibe not yet ready for selection

September was pretty painful but October has shown shoots of promise

Or were you expecting us to comprehensively outplay Watford, Norwich, Forest and Cardiff? If you were then I think your expectations are slightly out fo whack

No not comprehensively outplay Watford, Norwich etc

But have more than 5 points on the board ? Yes Scored more than 4 goals ? Yes Scored more goals from open play in 6 weeks ? Yes Appear to have some understanding of what it takes to win in this league ? Yes !

Too be honest my posts may suggest that I am a Cocu out peeps but some of it is because I am blown away at the happy clappers on this forum who seem unable to accept any criticism of him !

I'm actually not 100% Cocu out but the record so far (and he's been here a while already) is simply not good enough, in fact its no where near good enough !

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Top man!

Unfortunately, at my age, I will have forgotten all about it ??

Dont worry I'll be sure to remind you of it.

Trust me, nothing would give me greater pleasure than presenting my apologies on a platter, it would mean we had turned a huge corner and challenging in the top half or the table 

17 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

It does amazes me that some fans think this way, like we chose to sit back with one goal because we didn't fancy scoring five last night. Just fancied making it hard for ourselves.

We were up against a physical aggressive side with experience campaigners at this level, they did a job on us physically and we missed loads of chances to get a second or make more of positions. 

You must have been asleep, away, or not paying attention to the 2nd half of the 1st leg or the whole of the 2nd leg against Fulham under Rowett?

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You must have been asleep, away, or not paying attention to the 2nd half of the 1st leg or the whole of the 2nd leg against Fulham under Rowett?

The 1st leg vs Fulham was one of the worst games of football I've attended, couldn't believe the tactics. Fulham were a strong side but when we got the ball we refused to play more than three passes, absolutely hated it. Then again didn't like Rowett's footy at all, couldn't stand Davies either.

But if you are implying we chose to sit back last night I'd like to know your reasoning for thinking we wanted to sit back? Watching the game it was clear Cardiff were pushing hard for the equaliser.

38 minutes ago, Justa said:

When all the players are back from injury and the new signings are fit and have had a run of games ? 

Archived