Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

It seems like Ibe won't be playing tonight or Friday. He's due to play for the U23s on Friday as his first game, although I was sort of hoping he would be good to go for Forest - at least have a small part to play. 

Waghorn, you would hope, could start the game on Friday. Although, if JHI has a good game tonight then who knows. I think we have to hope that is very much the case - at least we know if we get a penalty in Rooney's absence that we have a player who seems to score at least one a game. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It seems like Ibe won't be playing tonight or Friday. He's due to play for the U23s on Friday as his first game, although I was sort of hoping he would be good to go for Forest - at least have a small part to play. 

Waghorn, you would hope, could start the game on Friday. Although, if JHI has a good game tonight then who knows. I think we have to hope that is very much the case - at least we know if we get a penalty in Rooney's absence that we have a player who seems to score at least one a game. 

Actually a good question, who is penalty taker after Rooney?

Waghorn was taking them before Rooney joined but with mixed results, but if he's not starting?

If Waghorn is 'not fit to start' and CKR is apparently unlikely to make the squad, then this is definitely one of the biggest selection dilemmas seen in my time watching Derby.

Based on substitutions it seems PC fancies JHI up front more than Whittaker, but at the same time has more faith in Whittaker in general. Not sure with the pressure on he'll risk either. 

My gut is Lawrence will start up top, or at a push CKR will come in earlier than expected. 

If Lawrence isn't up top then chances are Jozwiak will be bumped back to the right wing to accommodate. Holmes' place is probably in doubt regardless. 

Other than that can see Evans being dropped, and MTW coming back in. 

Predicted line up

Marshall

MTW Davies Clarke

Byrne Knight Shinnie Buchanan

Holmes (or CKR) Lawrence Jozwiak

I'd like to see a centre half dropped for another attacker, and chuck CKR, JHI or Waggy in from the start, but I can't see it. 

Going to be a tougher game than it should be. 

34 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

In the medium-long term that's roughly what I want to see us working towards with perhaps Wisdom over Evans. For tonight though I don't think Waghorn or Sibley are fit to start.

I went into Nigel Clough mode when he had Chris Porter. He got fed up of the number of sicknotes and said “sod it, go out and play”. If they break down so be it.
Get an hour from Lawrence, sibley and Waghorn, and then bring on Whittaker, Holmes, shinnie.....whoever.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I would perhaps swap Evans for Davies, only because Evans needs guidance and Clarke's too quiet and focused on his own game. 

Would make us better in the air but slow on the ground. 

Yes. I get that. But sooner or later we need to take the stabilisers off.

19 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Based on absolutely nothing I am totally convinced we will win tonight.

I applaud your optimism, and I arm you with  the fact they wil have Hamer in goal, to help back up that confidence. 

23 hours ago, rammieib said:

Marshall

Byrne

MTM (Close call, MTM for better ball playing ability, Davies is a better defender)

Clarke

Forsyth

Shinnie

Knight

Sibley (if fit, Holmes if not)

Lawrence (Whittaker to come on after 60 ish)

Jozwiak

JHI (Playing a striker is key)

Of course he won't do this, no where near it, but a ballsy 4-3-3 with Sibley and Knight breaking from midfield. Shinnie over Bird so its more a protection player. 

A proper striker is a must to lead the line.

Forsyth over Buchanan to add some extra height. 

Please never ever let Forsyth play again

We will be anchored to bottom of the league with Wycombe by the time players get back fit, ducking awful recruitment signing injured and unfit players to go with the injured ones we already have not replacing Martin and then loaning Marriott, you couldn't right it. I'd start Whittaker upfront he deserves a chance and clearly knows how finish looking at his record in the youth teams. 

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

We will be anchored to bottom of the league with Wycombe by the time players get back fit, ducking awful recruitment signing injured and unfit players to go with the injured ones we already have not replacing Martin and then loaning Marriott, you couldn't right it. I'd start Whittaker upfront he deserves a chance and clearly knows how finish looking at his record in the youth teams. 

So you think Whittaker deserves his chance, but precede it by whining on about letting Martin and Marriott go.  They’ve gone. Forget about them. Put all your energy into hoping Whittaker can make the step up. That is the model Cocu is being tasked to develop by Morris.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

So you think Whittaker deserves his chance, but precede it by whining on about letting Martin and Marriott go.  They’ve gone. Forget about them. Put all your energy into hoping Whittaker can make the step up. That is the model Cocu is being tasked to develop by Morris.

9I think he deserves his chance but I am unsure if Cocu will give him it, he should have been playing last match either on the wing or upfront after his good performance against Norwich off the bench and nobody else doing anything. Maybe Ingram will play, I don't know. As long as we don't play without a striker I'm not fussed. Also will add, that staying you have ambitions of top 6 and then fielding a bottom 6 team looks clueless from the club, if the ambition was realistic like midtable then the difference between ambition and reality wouldn't be as huge. 

21 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

You could right it, but not sure you could write it

Archived