Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

27 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Interestingly, you can get 3.25 on us finishing in the top half this season. I would say that's really good value considering the players we have coming back. I don't have the patience for long-term bets unless they're stupid odds, but that seems good value. We're 5s to get relegated if anyone is interested in going the other way. 

Thanks for the heads up, you can actually get 4/1 on Betfair right now for a top 12 finish, just done it ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Andicis said:

I feel Cocu is going to start JHI for this one. Very excited to see him get a chance from the start, I really hope he can make an impact and stake a claim for a spot that's wide open for him this season. 

We should at least get a penalty if he plays. He makes klinsmann look steady on his feet. 

Great news to have Waghorn back, at least that’s one decent option up front. Interested to see Hector-Ingram get a go from the start, but I’ve got to say, Cocu’s comments about his attitude post lockdown worry me. If you’re not giving everything at that age to fight for your place in the team, then do you deserve the chance to break through into the first team?

Now that Rooney won't play I suggest Lawrence should play as CF because every time he has played here instead of left wing he has done very well. 

Forsyth should get the chance again instead of Buchanan in a 4-3-1-2 formation and so should Wisdom. 

Bird's quality isn't a holding midfielder as Cuco thinks - from U23 we know his best further up front behind the two CF creating chances. 

Evans should instead fill that role and Cocu should instead demand his passing defensive play to Marshall and Divies, but fast balls on the ground like Thorne and Hiddlestone at they best days.

Marchall

Wisdom, Davies, Clark, Forsyth

Evans

Jozwiak, Knight

Bird

Whittaker(Kazim-Richards) Lamrence

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Fair point about how any of us cannot rate Duncan as yet.

What I'm trying to say is that - at the moment at least - we are not playing two up front.

Just having one centre forward and two wide players clearly doesn't suit Marriott. I don't think it will suit Duncan either from what I can gather.

I think a bigger issue than not replacing Marriott is not replacing Martin *. Martin would have been ideal in the current system.

If the long term plan is to play two up front, then that's maybe where Duncan comes in as a direct replacement for Marriott.

As an aside I am a fan of both Martin and Marriott and wish we'd kept both.

* based on people's comments regarding Kazim-Richards

Nail on the head here!

We've replaced Marriott with Kaz! 

People may not like it but it's like for like, Marriott's offered nothing recently and if Kaz offers nothing then we've stood still. 

As you say we haven't replaced Martin which is the big problem and it's reasonable for people to question it. 

The wild cards are Duncan and JHI, if they come in and perform then we could be ahead!

25 minutes ago, twinthe_12 said:

Now that Rooney won't play I suggest Lawrence should play as CF because every time he has played here instead of left wing he has done very well. 

Forsyth should get the chance again instead of Buchanan in a 4-3-1-2 formation and so should Wisdom. 

Bird's quality isn't a holding midfielder as Cuco thinks - from U23 we know his best further up front behind the two CF creating chances. 

Evans should instead fill that role and Cocu should instead demand his passing defensive play to Marshall and Divies, but fast balls on the ground like Thorne and Hiddlestone at they best days.

Marchall

Evans

Jozwiak, Knight

Bird

I agree with this

15 minutes ago, Topram said:

Didn’t think Colin was fit?

I had a quick look at his Pacucha appearances and he appeared in every team selection (sub or start) till their game on the 24th August he then doesn't appear again so I'm guessing he got released from his contract around the end of August. He was then training with us for two weeks before signing so I doubt he'd be too far off fitness-wise despite missing the bulk of September. 

I'm betting we missed the registration deadline for him to make the bench for Watford. 

41 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I had a quick look at his Pacucha appearances and he appeared in every team selection (sub or start) till their game on the 24th August he then doesn't appear again so I'm guessing he got released from his contract around the end of August. He was then training with us for two weeks before signing so I doubt he'd be too far off fitness-wise despite missing the bulk of September. 

I'm betting we missed the registration deadline for him to make the bench for Watford. 

Fair enough mate, Cocu just said earlier he wasn’t far away so thought he’d be more likely in a couple of weeks

7 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Marshall 

Evans.  Davies   Clarke

Byrne.   Shinnie  Knight.  Buchanan

Jozwiak.    Lawrence.    Holmes

JHI

If JHI is our only fit striker. Then I'd stick him in. 

You've got 12 players there. Also never known Holmes play left wing before.

As a general point (not just aimed at you), am surprised how many line ups on this thread without Bird starting. Thought he was good v Watford both with the ball & defensively he broke up plenty of Watford moves. Shinnie is a decent player but Bird is much more suited to how we want to play. Would have him alongside Knight in CM.

I'd also start with Hector-Ingram as don't want to risk a partially fit Waghorn or CKR. Lawrence could have been another option but think we need his creativity a bit deeper. Hector-Ingram is a strong lad, really needs to be comfortable playing with his back to goal to bring Lawrence & Jozwiak into play. Big chance for him as Waghorn & CKR in contention to start very soon.

3 hours ago, twinthe_12 said:

Marchall

Evans

Jozwiak, Knight

Bird

I'm not sure they will want Lawrence to play as a CF as he comes back from a shoulder injury. You get more of a buffeting in that position.

I think he will start with JHI and give Waghorn the last 20/30 with that scenario reversed against the Gumps

9 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm not sure they will want Lawrence to play as a CF as he comes back from a shoulder injury. You get more of a buffeting in that position.

I think he will start with JHI and give Waghorn the last 20/30 with that scenario reversed against the Gumps

True - which must be why Kenny Burns played the first part of his career there.

Buffet on.....?

Will be very interesting to see how we play without Rooney tonight.

Perhaps keep the 5-2-3 I think we will be much quicker going forward tonight.

After my negative comments about Cocu I have decided to back him 100 % and hopefully he can turn it around with all his players getting fit and back in the squad.

Come on you Rams our season starts tonight.

Archived