Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

We will be anchored to bottom of the league with Wycombe by the time players get back fit, ducking awful recruitment signing injured and unfit players to go with the injured ones we already have not replacing Martin and then loaning Marriott, you couldn't right it. I'd start Whittaker upfront he deserves a chance and clearly knows how finish looking at his record in the youth teams. 

Are you Marriott's Mum?

40 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We need to get MTW a game soon. 

He was captain of the team and a stalwart of their defence. He can't be as bad as he's shown so far. 

I agree. There is a player in there and I think with the experience of Davis and Clarke next to him in a three will take a bit of pressure off him and hopefully we'll get to see the player we hope is capable of being. 

Marshall

MTW   Davies   Clarke

Byrne   Knight   Shinnie   Buchanan  

Holmes  Lawrence  Jozwiak

subs : Roos, Evans, Wisdom, Waghorn, JHI, Bird, Whittaker 

if CKR and / or Sibley are fit enough for the bench then would replace Evans & JHI with them.

Cocu needs to tap in to the impending halloween season for this one and make a deal with the devil. With Forest playing Rotherham you'd expect them to make it two out of two with Hughton at the helm. A defeat tonight for us would see the pressure on Phil become unbearable and that's just from the fans perspective. Friday on paper is looking like a very tough task so we simply can't be going in to that on 3 points and off 2 defeats in a row, injuries or not.

#PrayforPhil

It’s going to be absolutely fantastic if we win tonight, isn’t it?

Curtis’s kale smoothies will be getting passed around like whiskey in a paper bag.

I feel like the game will follow the same pattern as Norwich away.

Huddersfield will be very confident and come out of the traps quickly. I feel like Corberan will be using the Bielsa blueprint against us. Fast start and hoping to put the game to bed early on. But if we can contain them for the first 20-30 minutes, it should be game on.

We seem to grow into games and save our better moments for the second half. So if we can avoid conceding in the first half, we have every chance of getting something.

I like the 3-4-3 formation. I think some people are suffering from past traumas when we've tried 3 at the back, but we seem more resilient with that formation and with Jozwiak and Lawrence returning, probably more lethal on the counter.

Same back 3 and wing backs from the last 2 games. Move knight back into the middle next to Bird (or Shinnie if we need to battle a bit more) and then start Jozwiak and Lawrence on the wings. Supporting whoever is the best striker actually available at the moment. Probably JHI over Whittaker based on physicality.

44 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It’s going to be absolutely fantastic if we win tonight, isn’t it?

Curtis’s kale smoothies will be getting passed around like whiskey in a paper bag.

I feel like the game will follow the same pattern as Norwich away.

Huddersfield will be very confident and come out of the traps quickly. I feel like Corberan will be using the Bielsa blueprint against us. Fast start and hoping to put the game to bed early on. But if we can contain them for the first 20-30 minutes, it should be game on.

We seem to grow into games and save our better moments for the second half. So if we can avoid conceding in the first half, we have every chance of getting something.

That's a whopping big if, hopefully Marshall is on form. 

4 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

That's a whopping big if, hopefully Marshall is on form. 

Of course it is. Every game looks tough at the moment.

But Lawrence, Jozwiak and Waghorn returning will be a boost.

It’ll probably end up being a narrow defeat based on current form, but we may be surprised and it could all come together and we could get the win.

We live in hope!

1 hour ago, DCFC1976 said:

Marshall

MTW   Davies   Clarke

Byrne   Knight   Shinnie   Buchanan  

Holmes  Lawrence  Jozwiak

subs : Roos, Evans, Wisdom, Waghorn, JHI, Bird, Whittaker 

if CKR and / or Sibley are fit enough for the bench then would replace Evans & JHI with them.

I don't like Lawrence as CF, I would prefer either CKR who hopefully could manage 60 minutes with JHI coming on to replace. Move Lawrence to the nominal winger position and let Lawrence and Jozwiak alternate and float in positions. And move Holmes to anywhere but on the pitch ? 

if we play 3 at the back again then expect the same type of game as v Watford.

I.e. A lack of creativity in the middle and long balls launched over their full backs in some vague hope of getting in behind.
that’s a bit too Rowetty for me, and an odd tactic given our one man static forward.
we also retreated into our shell in the second half and invited pressure which eventually led to the goal.

it was no real surprise that the game was decided by a 25 yarder.

We need to offer a bit more than that but I am expecting another cautious approach. 

Just now, RamNut said:

I.e. A lack of creativity in the middle and long balls launched over their full backs in some vague hope of getting in behind.
that’s a bit too Rowetty for me, and an odd tactic given our one man static forward.
we also retreated into our shell in the second half and invited pressure which eventually led to the goal.

We need to offer a bit more than that but I am expecting another cautious approach. 

Just the addition of Jóźwiak and Lawrence will certainly help this. Get Knight into the middle to join things up better. Would hope things might improve. All hopes though at the moment. 

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think the aim is to get to 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

We had two tough games aginst relegated opposition and we weren't playing well.

Whether now is the right time to make the switch, I dont know, we've got two tough away games we could do with at the very least not losing.

22 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I think the aim is to get to 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

We had two tough games aginst relegated opposition and we weren't playing well.

Whether now is the right time to make the switch, I dont know, we've got two tough away games we could do with at the very least not losing.

Not sure these two are tough compared with some others we have to play.....

Archived