Huddersfield v Derby County Tuesday 20th October

sage

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we use the same formation as Friday, then that's 7 defensive players and 3 attacking players again.

Never thought I'd imagine the day when we go to Huddersfield hoping to edge out a 0-0 draw.

Surprise me Cocu, even 4 attack minded players to start please!

1 hour ago, Shuff264 said:

I think the aim is to get to 4-3-3/4-2-3-1.

We had two tough games aginst relegated opposition and we weren't playing well.

Whether now is the right time to make the switch, I dont know, we've got two tough away games we could do with at the very least not losing.

I know.
i think cocu will be cautious and not want to get beat so I am expecting 3 at the back for the next two games at least but in order to get Sibley on the pitch the extra man at the back will surely have to go.
Sibley might not even be fit for all I know but I’m impatient. 

Let’s get some talent on the pitch.
The disappointing thing when I watched the watford game back was the quality of the crosses from the wing backs.
if the wingers are coming back in then the full backs can drop back and there is less need for the sweeper.

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I know.
i think cocu will be cautious and not want to get beat so I am expecting 3 at the back for the next two games at least but in order to get Sibley on the pitch the extra man at the back will surely have to go.
Sibley might not even be fit for all I know but I’m impatient. 

Let’s get some talent on the pitch.
The disappointing thing when I watched the watford game back was the quality of the crosses from the wing backs.
if the wingers are coming back in then the full backs can drop back and there is less need for the sweeper.

Byrne has been our best attacking outlet, and his delivery has been decent. If we had more than one person in the box, someone might get on the end of one.

7 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Byrne has been our best attacking outlet, and his delivery has been decent. If we had more than one person in the box, someone might get on the end of one.

Yes that’s the issue. Cocu restricts them from committing to get in the box. How you are supposed to score with three attacking players and usually one in the box. Who knows. 

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Only one cross made the highlights and that was badly over hit. 

46 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If we use the same formation as Friday, then that's 7 defensive players and 3 attacking players again.

Never thought I'd imagine the day when we go to Huddersfield hoping to edge out a 0-0 draw.

Surprise me Cocu, even 4 attack minded players to start please!

Except it isn't, because Byrne & Buchanan should be just as much part of the attack as defence.

You'd think they spent the entirety of the Watford game pinned in deeper than the centre backs the way you present it there, but Byrne specifically got forward very well.

I'm not sure where you've got the idea that Bird is really a defensive player either (or why you're suddenly insisting on dividing all midfielders up exclusively as attackers or defenders), he's gultiy of keeping it a bit too simple at times, but he's not had a great deal of quality around him to pass forward to recently either, like everyone else. Think of his ball to Jozwiak against Luton as an example of what he'll do if given the right runners.

52 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Everything is logically pointing towards a car crash tonight but you never know,we might see a positive reaction to the boys having to cope without uncle Rooney and perhaps a increase in energy as a result.

Or could be blessing in disguise might give the lads a bit off freedom rather than looking for Rooney all the time...

Archived