Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly do people expect from our club right now?

Ever since that sliding doors moment at Wembley Mel has done everything in his financial and (within the rules) legal power to get our club to the Premier League. What has happened since is a soap opera yet Mel is still there seemingly still looking at ways to get us there.

If you listened to him on Talk Sport this week it seems he is plugging a £3million a month hole in our finances yet still manages to find £4million to sign a Polish international to keep us all sweet.

We have absolutely no right to be linked with Harry Wilson considering the mess we and the rest of the EFL seem to be in yet it would be so Mel Morris to pull another one out of the hat.

We are so lucky to have him in control of our club, I dread to think what must go through his mind when he thinks what could have been. He must wonder why he bothers when he reads such negativity.

9 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

Ever since that sliding doors moment at Wembley Mel has done everything in his financial and (within the rules) legal power to get our club to the Premier League. What has happened since is a soap opera yet Mel is still there seemingly still looking at ways to get us there.

If you listened to him on Talk Sport this week it seems he is plugging a £3million a month hole in our finances yet still manages to find £4million to sign a Polish international to keep us all sweet.

We have absolutely no right to be linked with Harry Wilson considering the mess we and the rest of the EFL seem to be in yet it would be so Mel Morris to pull another one out of the hat.

We are so lucky to have him in control of our club, I dread to think what must go through his mind when he thinks what could have been. He must wonder why he bothers when he reads such negativity.

Apologies on behalf of the forum Mrs Morris.

P.S You know we all love Mel.

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

Always struck me as a nick Blackman type player in that he had the odd purple patch which got him decent moves but other than that very mediocre.

Wasn’t he playing in the Dutch league whilst Cocu was at PSV?

if I remember........Feyenoord I think it was? Fair while ago now though, maybe Cocu liked what he saw back then and wonders if he still has something??????

i know I’m stretching here!

Nooooo......that's you in the treatment room for the next 6 weeks then..?

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

If he signs and scores a match-winning double on Friday night, we’ll all be converted.

But right now, I can’t help but thinking I’d rather have Denise Richards.

I’m forwarding your name to the club to be new chief scout with these suggestions ?

1 hour ago, rad1919 said:

Mel gets top marks for academy investment.  But under his chairmanship he's wasted vast sums of his money on over priced players on very high wages, partly due to a large turnover of managers who all had quite different approaches. The majority of these have ended up leaving on frees.

Now it's his money and he intended the best but his decisions have clearly been poor overall.  We've had to sell the stadium to him risking that the club could in a future sale have a landlord who isn't owner of the club. 

We're still in danger of breaching the P&S rules this year and facing a points deduction. 

Mel has meant well and chased the dream.  But it's gone pear shaped. Hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes. 

11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I must be one of a few who thought he used to be decent? Had a good spell at Blackburn but then seemed to fall of the face of the earth.

Wouldnt be high on my list but for a season he might be better than nothing as a different option to what we have?

6ft 1 and pretty strong from what I call, probably lost a yard of pace though but could cause the odd problem maybe

I’m with you. Remember him being a handful. But 34?! Would rather we avoid but... and it’s a big but... what if he’s a stop gap until January where we sign Dursun and in the meantime, we sign Harry Wilson?

Archived