Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

A forward who’s scored 14 goals in 4 years. Is 34 years old and last played in the Mexican league ( similar to the Championship????) for me that’s not very forward thinking at all 

The forward thinking is by bringing him to train and taking a look at him. Also, the fact we have done this also dismisses the talk of desperation.

Would you rather we miss out on a striker and then take a gamble on any free agent?

26 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

IF and it’s a big if we sign him all it is is a stop gap for 2 months. We will have Waggy, Marriott and CKZ for 1 place for a couple months until we can sign our number 1 target for free, whilst we wouldn’t actually get him until the summer in that scenario I’d imagine we’d offer less than half of what we originally offered so he could join us early.

It’s been a good window thus far, Byrne and Marshall are steals, Jozwiak has made a decent early impression and big hopes are expected of Ibe. Darmstadt wanted nearly £2m for a player we can sign for free in 2 months, frustrating but the right call to leave it for now. Also signing Zahore or Austin on loan would be an expensive season long loan which doesn’t make sense if we expect to sign Dursan in Jan.

I know what you mean, but....

The only way he joins us in January is if we pay a fee to Darmstadt - as you say mention your first paragraph -  but it's making a big assumption to think they'll just accept a lower offer offer from us. By January he might even have been offered & signed a new contract, pushing his price up, not down.

We can't "sign him for free in 2 months" - we can offer him a contract in 2 months & sign him for free in 8 months. You can't call CKZ a 2-month stop-gap when there's no guarantee of us getting Dursan in January.

(some people might read your post and think we can  get Dursun on a free transfer and have him playing for us in January)

6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I know what you mean, but....

The only way he joins us in January is if we pay a fee to Darmstadt - as you say mention your first paragraph -  but it's making a big assumption to think they'll just accept a lower offer offer from us. By January he might even have been offered & signed a new contract, pushing his price up, not down.

We can't "sign him for free in 2 months" - we can offer him a contract in 2 months & sign him for free in 8 months. You can't call CKZ a 2-month stop-gap when there's no guarantee of us getting Dursan in January.

(some people might read your post and think we can  get Dursun on a free transfer and have him playing for us in January)

No but we can sign Dursun on a pre-contract for free in Jan like we did with MTW. Then we either stick with CKR for the season if he performs well of go back in the loan market for a striker til the summer

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The forward thinking is by bringing him to train and taking a look at him. Also, the fact we have done this also dismisses the talk of desperation.

Would you rather we miss out on a striker and then take a gamble on any free agent?

No I’d rather us following the departure of a key player who was pivotal in our system, scout someone who’s going to improve the 1st team. Then bring them in with enough time before the window shuts so we don’t have a gun held to our heads and pay over the odds. That’s what I’d expect from a Club with aspirations of the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

No I’d rather us following the departure of a key player who was pivotal in our system, scout someone who’s going to improve the 1st team. Then bring them in with enough time before the window shuts so we don’t have a gun held to our heads and pay over the odds. That’s what I’d expect from a Club with aspirations of the playoffs. 

Oh you mean like our target of Dursun? Just because it wasnt in the public eye doesnt mean we werent trying for him earlier?  Where we tried and it didnt go through because Darmstadt had no replacement - not our fault.

You make it sound so easy like you can just sign who you want for what you want regardless of the selling club

8 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Oh you mean like our target of Dursun? Just because it wasnt in the public eye doesnt mean we werent trying for him earlier?  Where we tried and it didnt go through because Darmstadt had no replacement - not our fault.

You make it sound so easy like you can just sign who you want for what you want regardless of the selling club

If we only had one target I would be even more disappointed. We have been terrible on recruitment for some years so I’m not surprise we are in this position. 

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

...as you imply... it is of course so easy to Manage a football club...I'm surprised many of our posters haven't gone into football management....especially at a time when clubs have no income and their owners are having to pump their own money into the club just to stop them from going bust...

15 hours ago, Jourdan said:

If he signs and scores a match-winning double on Friday night, we’ll all be converted.

But right now, I can’t help but thinking I’d rather have Denise Richards.

14 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I’m forwarding your name to the club to be new chief scout with these suggestions ?

Think this window has been excellent already, but Denise from Starship Troopers or Wild Things would be the icing on the cake.

denise richards smile GIF

If he’s shown enough in training that Cocu’s comfortable using him to plaster over the cracks until January then that’s fine with me.

Also, without knowing any numbers, seems like it would be a cheap option that would allow more room in the budget for a Wilson deal. Wilson will have more effect on the team than any striker we’ve been linked to at this stage, putting a talented set of wingers and attacking midfielders behind whatever striker we’re playing seems to make the most sense.

FWIW we were desperate for a striker for the first 4 games of the season but now that time’s passed. Waghorn will be back soon and we may as well kick the tyres until January.

Archived