Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not adverse to us signing him on a short term deal. Very experienced and fits the 'hold up' role well. Assuming he won't be on a massive wage and won't expect to be the first name on the team sheet unlike someone like Austin or Zohore. 

Realistically we have Waggy/Marriott/Rooney plus the u23s strikers, not sure we need anything more than a squad player. 

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Signing him on a free and possible low wage may even free up more funds to sign Wilson rather than signing someone like Zohore and having to offer much less towards Wilson

Hope you’re right but he’s been training with us before we found out about Wilson

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Hope you’re right but he’s been training with us before we found out about Wilson

Maybe he was always a backup option to a possible striker coming in on loan if that didnt materialise. Now this doesnt look likely so we can still pay for a loan like Wilson and sign CKR on a free til Jan

I don’t know anything about him so it would be wrong to comment. However does smell of complete desperation and another complete failure by our recruitment network. Included in that is Liam Rosenoir who was quoted something along the lines of “we’ve scouted/watched a 1000 players” based on this signing he’s been watching re runs of Saint and Greavsie to scout his players. Not angry or mad, just disappointed 

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I don’t know anything about him so it would be wrong to comment. However does smell of complete desperation and another complete failure by our recruitment network. Included in that is Liam Rosenoir who was quoted something along the lines of “we’ve scouted/watched a 1000 players” based on this signing he’s been watching re runs of Saint and Greavsie to scout his players. Not angry or mad, just disappointed 

IF and it’s a big if we sign him all it is is a stop gap for 2 months. We will have Waggy, Marriott and CKZ for 1 place for a couple months until we can sign our number 1 target for free, whilst we wouldn’t actually get him until the summer in that scenario I’d imagine we’d offer less than half of what we originally offered so he could join us early. 

It’s been a good window thus far, Byrne and Marshall are steals, Jozwiak has made a decent early impression and big hopes are expected of Ibe. Darmstadt wanted nearly £2m for a player we can sign for free in 2 months, frustrating but the right call to leave it for now. Also signing Zahore or Austin on loan would be an expensive season long loan which doesn’t make sense if we expect to sign Dursan in Jan.

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

IF and it’s a big if we sign him all it is is a stop gap for 2 months. We will have Waggy, Marriott and CKZ for 1 place for a couple months until we can sign our number 1 target for free, whilst we wouldn’t actually get him until the summer in that scenario I’d imagine we’d offer less than half of what we originally offered so he could join us early. 

It’s been a good window thus far, Byrne and Marshall are steals, Jozwiak has made a decent early impression and big hopes are expected of Ibe. Darmstadt wanted nearly £2m for a player we can sign for free in 2 months, frustrating but the right call to leave it for now. Also signing Zahore or Austin on loan would be an expensive season long loan which doesn’t make sense if we expect to sign Dursan in Jan.

I’d rather not bother with a 14 goals in 4 years Journey man, and just use what we have and maybe try JHI. 

On the transfer window, I’d agree and disagree. Marshall and Byrne look decent, Ibe hasn’t played for a year in reality so let’s see. Jozwaik jury is still out, and needs time. So I’d say 50% hit rate at present, and we haven’t filled the one position we have been screaming out for even before we lost Martin. 

So far as I said, disappointed 

16 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Not sure its desperation? If anything I think it is rather clever and forward thinking.

So we got a striker in who fits the mould of what we're after to see how good he is and more than likely integrated into the squad slightly all in the view that any potential deal for a striker wont happen and we end up being caught short? 

How is that desperation? Its covering ourselves in the possibility of no striker signing

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure its desperation? If anything I think it is rather clever and forward thinking.

So we got a striker in who fits the mould of what we're after to see how good he is and more than likely integrated into the squad slightly all in the view that any potential deal for a striker wont happen and we end up being caught short? 

How is that desperation? Its covering ourselves in the possibility of no striker signing

A forward who’s scored 14 goals in 4 years. Is 34 years old and last played in the Mexican league ( similar to the Championship????) for me that’s not very forward thinking at all 

Archived