Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

If Dursun is our number one target and we're confident we can get him at an acceptable price in January or on a free in the summer then I'm happier with a reasonably cheap signing like this than spunking money up the wall on the likes of Austin or Zohore.

Heard something on the radio the other day where they were talking Liverpool and Van Dijk. They were chasing him all transfer window and couldn't get a deal done, their fans were complaining that they were desperate for a defender and hadn't signed somebody else instead. Liverpool signed him in the next window and look how that's worked out for them. Obviously Dursun is nowhere near that level but if we've identified him as the missing piece of the jigsaw I'd rather wait, as we did with Jozwiak, than waste money on somebody we don't feel will have the same effect.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'm absolutely lost for words.

This was the alternative to Chris Martin? Unreal. 

No

This was the alternative to the alternative to the alternative to the alternative of Chris Martin

..and we can't be sure, with him being on a free, that we won't still be looking at an 'earlier' alternative.

What bothers me more is that he's another who hasn't played for months so might not even be available for a couple of weeks.

Cover for Waghorn at best.

Not a lot of money I expect.

Not any more than a stop gap signing and presumably not "the answer" for striker.

But it's insurance in case we don't manage another deal. I'm expecting we probably won't do another deal now, but it's in preference (the clubs) to doing a deal where we're over a barrel.

Blimey. The bedwetting on here is hilarious.

Of course it's not ideal that we've not properly replaced he who shall not be named, but this is likely to be nothing other than a stop gap signing until we can assess the situation again in January/the summer.

We tried for Dursun, but Darmstadt weren't willing to let him leave without a replacement. The club would've been scrutinised had they paid over the odds for him when he'll most likely be available on a cut price deal in January/free in the summer. Gone are the days where we spend silly money on players close to the deadline, and I'm all for that. Good on them for not caving into the demands from other clubs.

Marriott and Waghorn (when fit) are more than good enough options to see us through until the window opens again in a couple months time.

Just now, Heisenberg said:

Of course it's not ideal that we've not properly replaced he who shall not be named, but this is likely to be nothing other than a stop gap signing until we can asses the situation again in January/the summer.

We tried for Dursun, but Darmstadt weren't willing to let him leave without a replacement. The club would've been scrutinised had they paid over the odds for him when he'll most likely be available on a cut price deal in January/free in the summer. Gone are the days where we spend silly money on players close to the deadline, and I'm all for that. Good on them for not caving into the demands from other clubs.

Marriott and Waghorn (when fit) are more than good enough options to see us through until the window opens again in a couple months time.

Don't come on here talking sense.

We want Danny Ings or Harry Kane and anything less, even Calvert-Lewin or Abraham, would be a major disappointment.

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Of course it's not ideal that we've not properly replaced he who shall not be named, but this is likely to be nothing other than a stop gap signing until we can asses the situation again in January/the summer.

Yes, and some chap called Rooney can still do a job too

The key to scouting is finding unfavourable players and then turning them into functional players at this level. I guess we will find out if our scouting department is up to it with this signing of CKR. It's not a signing I would've made, obviously, but we will see. 

Archived