Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is clearly a stop gap signing to give us a different option / type of player until we can bring in the right one.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Is this the clubs first choice?  Of course not...... would people have dissed the club if we'd brought in nobody?  Yes, of course they would...... would people have dissed the club if they'd over spent again?  Yes, of course they would. 

I don't know much about the player to be honest but understand he may have been training with the club for a few weeks.  Seems sensible enough to me in the circumstances and I'm willing to see how he does in the knowledge that we've still got Waggy, Jack, Rooney and JHI to call upon

His goal return has been pretty decent in Mexico. Probably not the highest calibre of opposition, but maybe that has given him a confidence boost that he can carry that form on back in England. The highlight video someone posted earlier shows some good quality to the goals too and he's bullying defenders. Will do for the season, in my opinion.

I hope he does well. I won't slag him off until at least 3 games in to his career at Derby ?

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

IMG-20201015-WA0006.jpg

Hasn’t he been training with Derby? If we are signing him after his performances in training it means he is probably up to standard. Didn’t he also get most assists in Europa league group stage a few years ago? 
He’s also played a lot at international level and for some big clubs. Maybe he will be good. Give him a chance !

What the duck are you all complaining about you brats? 

He Used to be the new Ronaldo 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ76izT619M&t=29s

On a serious note, if he's strong and has good technique which he should still have if he used to be a skillful player he should be able to hold the ball up and link up play well which is what we need, questions over his fitness though. 

14 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I'll support whoever steps foot on the pitch wearing a Derby shirt. I hope he does well. But that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the signing. I am confused by it and I think it stinks of desperation. 

Just for arguments sake let's say we sign Wilson on loan using the money we would have spent on Austin/Zohore/Wickham. 

Would you rather we have Wilson plus CKR, or would you rather we have signed Zohore/Wickham? Certainly know which I prefer given we've got Waggy and Marriott too. 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

No but we can sign Dursun on a pre-contract for free in Jan like we did with MTW. Then we either stick with CKR for the season if he performs well of go back in the loan market for a striker til the summer

That would be interesting as he would need a visa and he wouldn’t get one unless the government relents and why should they especially with the premiership behaviour going on.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

No I’d rather us following the departure of a key player who was pivotal in our system, scout someone who’s going to improve the 1st team. Then bring them in with enough time before the window shuts so we don’t have a gun held to our heads and pay over the odds. That’s what I’d expect from a Club with aspirations of the playoffs. 

I was a total fan of Chris Martin for Derby and obviously wanted him to stay but we couldn’t match what Bristol city offered him - more money than we could afford on a two year contract and an extra year if Chris Martin wants it - we just couldn’t match that.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Seeing as he will be signing whether we like it or not can anyone answer these questions for me?

In terms of fitness is he closer to a Wayne Rooney at 34 or a Christiano Ronaldo at 34?

Can he hold the ball up and bring the rest of our team in to play in the opposition half?

We are going to find out but at least we have actually seen him training and functioning with the team one assumes 

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

was a total fan of Chris Martin for Derby and obviously wanted him to stay but we couldn’t match what Bristol city offered him - more money than we could afford on a two year contract and an extra year if Chris Martin wants it - we just couldn’t match that.

I understand however I am assuming we knew this back in July/August. And most of us also knew since at least January time, even with Martin we are incredibly short of quality up front.  We have completely failed to get anyone anywhere near his level in (unless we have a big surprise coming tomorrow) and that’s criminal imo. 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

No

This was the alternative to the alternative to the alternative to the alternative of Chris Martin

..and we can't be sure, with him being on a free, that we won't still be looking at an 'earlier' alternative.

What bothers me more is that he's another who hasn't played for months so might not even be available for a couple of weeks.

He’s been playing up to early/mid August for His last club, so fitness shouldn’t  be too much of an issue

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I understand however I am assuming we knew this back in July/August. And most of us also knew since at least January time, even with Martin we are incredibly short of quality up front.  We have completely failed to get anyone anywhere near his level in (unless we have a big surprise coming tomorrow) and that’s criminal imo. 

I do genuinely think we have tried but you can only sign who will come for the money we can afford especially if we are not investing in a younger player with sell on potential where we might spend a bit more

Archived