Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

2 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

According to Wikipedia he only got past double figures for goals in one season where he scored 11 whilst on loan at Feyenoord in 2014 / 2015. In total he has played 388 and scored 57 goals. That is a goal every seven games. That is an awful record for a forward.

I remember him playing a right sided midfielder or a right winger for Turkey on Euro 2008, maybe that's the reason why he hasn't scored a lot more.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching Kazim-Richards’s interview, it is all starting to make sense.

Colin will teach Sibley some Spanish. He’ll teach Bird some Portuguese. He’ll teach Knight some Turkish.

That way they can all adapt when they make multi-million pound moves in the next window.

John Gregory’s January rebuild won’t fund itself, after all.

This is an awful signing and maybe the state of play at the club.

We has room for one striker at the club - that striker being a first choice starter. You have Waghorn, Marriott, Rooney, Duncan and JHI sitting in the wings.

Why add a journeyman into the equation. He’s 34 - never even been that good anywhere.

Sorry but this club is starting to become a laughing stock now.

I also respect someone who used his career to see the world. I'd like to think if I'd ended up in football I'd have done the same.

We tend to look down on people who leave England to play in "lesser" leagues but let's be real: Football in England outside of the PL is a ducking slog and its raining all the time.

Best signing of the summer in my book.  Got jaw ache smiling at some of the posts on here especially from the Martinites, the ‘Championship Managers‘, the Wiki/Transfermarkt statisticians, and those who generally think they are officinados of the game, having devoted their entire lives to watching game reruns and YouTube montages. I hope he does well, and he has my full support. If though he does only prove to be an average championship performer (who after all is joining a long standing average performing football team) there will no doubt be much more comedy gold to look forward to from the entitled fanbase.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Best signing of the summer in my book.  Got jaw ache smiling at some of the posts on here especially from the Martinites, the ‘Championship Managers‘, the Wiki/Transfermarkt statisticians, and those who generally think they are officinados of the game, having devoted their entire lives to watching game reruns and YouTube montages. I hope he does well, and he has my full support. If though he does only prove to be an average championship performer (who after all is joining a long standing average performing football team) there will no doubt be much more comedy gold to look forward to from the entitled fanbase.

Really ? My money is on Byrne, Marshall, Duncan even being closer to player of the season. Let’s evaluate at the end of the campaign. Nevertheless, Colin will get my 100% support throughout ?

Underwhelmed by his scoring record, his passport must look amazing though, he speaks well and I’m totally baffled why we have ended up with essentially a stop gap target man, when we have had all summer to find better.

That said before judging him as the worst replacement for Connor Sammon since Connor Sammon, I’ll see what he does on the pitch to link all our exciting wingers plus Knight into some sort of cohesive unit.

Waiting to be surprised.

A laughing stock? Really. Again, nobody outside Derby - and a few folk in Nottingham who can be bothered to look at local news - could care less about Derby County and who we have signed. We really aren’t that important.

This chap might be good, he might be crap. If he is the latter then he won’t be the first, he won’t be the last. It really isn’t worth fretting about.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

To be phased out of games covering Waggy to allow Whittaker etc to come through, whilst outmuscling a few CHs in the process. A hard working professional who stays fit, who knows. No great expectations, no great pressure. If he has been training with us then he should know what to do. Annoy CHs at corners and fee kicks. A few knock downs and few pass backs to onrushing forwards. A few clearances from corners. No big deal.

59 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I just can't work this out. If we had scraped the barrel harder we probably wouldn't have found much worse. 

I don't think he's particularly fast 

I don't think he's ever been a target man,  he's not particularity tall or noted for his strength. 

His goalscoring record has always been awful

I can only presume he will be backup for Waghorn, and I hope he's on significantly less money than Marriott otherwise letting him go again makes no sense. 

This inspires me about as much as signing Jon Macken in 2007. I'd much rather play the academy players than this guy. 

Ridiculous signing. 

6’1” sounds tall enough to me!

Academy players? We’ve got enough whingers moaning about this signing.Imagine the gnashing of teeth if we signed no one?,

?

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I'd be delighted if he was an average Championship performer.

Maybe he's like a fine wine who's aged well, but I can't help but think he'll be a like a half drunk Echo Falls summer blend, which you discover in the fridge after returning from holiday.

It wasn't there before, so you know the kids have had a party, but they swear blind they haven't, and it must be yours!

You know it's not for you, but you try a taste anyway because you've not been shopping and need a drink.

One quick taste, and you're rummaging through the luggage for the novelty bottle of undrinkable liqueur you've bought back for a relative you don't like, just to take the taste out of your mouth.

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why shouldn't he? He'll no doubt play his best, just like many others have.

Just making the point that despite believing he is a very poor signing and he will struggle, I will still support him whilst others might boo him in their lounges watching the game on tv...could well become a scapegoat if things continue to go badly...

12 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Underwhelmed by his scoring record, his passport must look amazing though, he speaks well and I’m totally baffled why we have ended up with essentially a stop gap target man, when we have had all summer to find better.

That said before judging him as the worst replacement for Connor Sammon since Connor Sammon, I’ll see what he does on the pitch to link all our exciting wingers plus Knight into some sort of cohesive unit.

Waiting to be surprised.

Well,we haven’t have we? 1) Chris Martin left the club on July 31st and the club said he was still welcome to stay. 2) We were under a transfer embargo until August 15th so bringing in a quality striker for a decent fee and high wages wasn’t ever an option. 3) We’ve brought in Marshall,Byrne,Clarke ( on loan) ,Jordan Ibe and, eventually,Jozwiak after a lengthy pursuit starting in January. 4) Sales of Bogle and Lowe and getting rid of Bennett,Malone,Anya and Jozefzoon would seem to indicate an overall improvement to the squad and all done in an incredibly short time frame.Perhaps we should be adopting a glass half full approach and instead of constant carping ,give credit for some decent work done behind the scenes.We know it’s not perfect but that’s how football works folks .

I don't really know what to say about this but it's all bad.

Even more delightful is the club with minus points, will be getting a helping hand by loaning a far better player from us it seems.

Should have signed no-one if this bloke was the best on offer .  Smells like the Phil Brown days. Dean Holdsworth tomorrow.

Archived