Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes this odd and my understand is, as he's a free agent, he could sign at any time, even after the window if none of our targets worked out. I think we must be trying really hard for Wilson, especially if we're giving up finding another forward this soon and investing the cash into the Wilson instead.

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

79 goals and 44 assists in 488 games to be more exact. My recollection is he spent most of his career in this country as a winger, before switching to CF in his later years.
He's coming in as (probably) 4th choice CF and is absolutely not the replacement for Martin. He's coming in as cheap cover for Waghorn, Marriott, and possibly Rooney

Marriotts not going to be here it like looks like though. For cover swap with replacement.

I do wonder if some of our fans have ever watched football - and specifically if they've watched us over the past 18 months.....

We've become predictable and easy to nullify. C K-R will bring a change of focus to our forward line and will pose different questions for opposing defences. Even if he doesn't score many, he should be a handful for centre-halves and might just open up gaps for our more mobile players to exploit.

And if he's been with the squad for a few weeks it's possible that Cocu has already seen decent link up play between him & Marriott or the other attacking players - we should at least give the guy a chance before slaughtering him....

24 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Looks like this is the minority view on here but got a feeling this will prove to be a great move.

When everyone is fit, we have a number of goalscoring attacking midfielders/wingers...Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe, Sibley, Knight & potentially Wilson. What we don't have is a platform up top to enable us to dominate play higher up the park. Kazim-Richards is a strong, technically decent & mobile (if not pacey) CF that in theory should be able to hold the ball, bring others into play & offer some movement. I dont see him scoring many but he could help others to score a hatful. At worst, he's an option off the bench...at best, he is the missing piece of the jigsaw to get the side firing.

Welcome to Derby CKR. Prove the doubters wrong ?

My thought exactly.  I like Marriott but he doesn't seem to suit the way Cocu wants to play.  This guy though could actually be the outlet for goals for those running on through as you've said. He's a good target man, able to lay off or head on a long ball to the likes of Ibe or Jozwiak storming on through. Maybe he'll even chip in one or two himself. Does him signing excite me? Not at all, however benefit of the doubt for me at the moment until he warrants a moan.   

31 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I do wonder if some of our fans have ever watched football - and specifically if they've watched us over the past 18 months.....

We've become predictable and easy to nullify. C K-R will bring a change of focus to our forward line and will pose different questions for opposing defences. Even if he doesn't score many, he should be a handful for centre-halves and might just open up gaps for our more mobile players to exploit.

And if he's been with the squad for a few weeks it's possible that Cocu has already seen decent link up play between him & Marriott or the other attacking players - we should at least give the guy a chance before slaughtering him....

Thats the key for me.

From the outside the image is that we just signed a 34 year old free agent last seen in Mexico.

But the more important truth is that he's been training with Derby for weeks (see @BulloRams original "breaking" of it) - so the staff have clearly seen something worth bringing in; over an extended period of time working with him.

I look forward to seeing what he delivers.

Strong and experienced focal point to hold up play and link up the attack. Cocu clearly knows the player and his strengths, and he has shown in training that he can bring something to the fold. I would envisage he will offer more overall in our set up than Marriott, and if this is part of a jigsaw that see's us lose Marriott and Flo Jo, and gain Wilson and CKR then I for one will be happy with that business.

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t like this at all sorry. 

I admit that that was a very lazy anecdote but that seems harsh ?

Archived