Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems in decent shape based on the video in the interview. Could be interesting. He's been in training and show fitness and right attitude so I'll happily back it. Wish him well and hope he bullies a number of Championship Centre backs whilst providing additional aerial threat and cover for set pieces. 

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Age doesn't matter if its just for a season, Vardy is 33, Ronaldo 35, Ibra coming on 39 if you keep yourself fit and are slim build and athletic (unlike Rooney) then at 34 you can still be a quality player. I reckon he will be alot more athletic than Martin and I mean alot more, question is will his touch and passing be anywhere near as good. 

Watch the signing video. Looks powerful and lean. Nice couple of touches too.

Following on from my earlier comment I've just got round to watching his interview, and more's the point, the clips of his goals in training.  Pretty good finishes.  Clearly Cocu and team have seen more than enough in training to convince themselves he's worth signing.  I for one hope so. 

Just now, BucksRam said:

Following on from my earlier comment I've just got round to watching his interview, and more's the point, the clips of his goals in training.  Pretty good finishes.  Clearly Cocu and team have seen more than enough in training to convince themselves he's worth signing.  I for one hope so. 

Couple of finishes we need in here too. 

Yes it was a good interview.

We can get a bit snobby as Rams fans. 

I would ask the question why is he not good enough for Derby?

If you look at his career he looks like a journeyman but when you listen to what he says he's a family man just earning a crust and putting his family first.

He's got a year in him he's here because the schools are shut in Mexico and he is vastly experienced. He's played in some proper cauldrons. He's played for Fenerbache and Galatasary. That takes a proper pair of cojones, especially if you have to walk out in a Galatasary shirt away at Fenerbache having been a player there.

He's played for Brazilian royalty in the shape of Corinthians and he's toughed in out in the back streets of Mexico.  I'm telling you this guy will be phased by nothing. He brings the kind of experience most professionals can only dream of including our pampered mega stars of the Premier League.

I'm just annoyed that I can't go and watch him at Pride Park.

Welcome Kaz.

20 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Thought he scored more the to be honest, may have been somewhere else or just his general play rather than goal stats.

Good to see we've replaced our Mercedes with. . . an ageing Ford Cortina, with zero acceleration and no headlights. And we're giving Marriott away to a rival team. Yeay! Let's hope this football revolution continues. . .

1 minute ago, 24Charlie said:

If you look at his career he looks like a journeyman but when you listen to what he says he's a family man just earning a crust and putting his family first.

He's got a year in him he's here because the schools are shut in Mexico and he is vastly experienced. He's played in some proper cauldrons. He's played for Fenerbache and Galatasary. That takes a proper pair of cojones, especially if you have to walk out in a Galatasary shirt away at Fenerbache having been a player there.

He's played for Brazilian royalty in the shape of Corinthians and he's toughed in out in the back streets of Mexico.  I'm telling you this guy will be phased by nothing. He brings the kind of experience most professionals can only dream of including our pampered mega stars of the Premier League.

Welcome Kaz.

I am not bothered where he has played, whether he is phased or not...I am interested in what he has achieved on the pitch. Just hope in this instance the stats are deceptive ?

Welcome Kaz.

Probably because he is 34 and at the very back end of a strikers career and hasn't played here for some time....and was clearly a long way down Cocus original list and has been signed when the rest turned us down and at the last minute 

May do a job for us as a stopgap this year and surprise everyone,let's see but he's no long term prospect which is what I thought we were aiming for when we let CM leave.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Good to see we've replaced our Mercedes with. . . an ageing Ford Cortina, with zero acceleration and no headlights. And we're giving Marriott away to a rival team. Yeay! Let's hope this football revolution continues. . .

Surely we can’t let our only fit striker leave as well can we ?

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

56 goals in. . . 16 years!! ?

It would be laughable if didn’t spend the majority of his career playing as a striker! 

There are Centre backs with better goal scoring records. . . short term or not, to go from Martin to this is nothing short of a farce

What happened to Roseniors “1000’s” of players?

Welcome Kaz.

Potential move for Austin was about 50-50 supported by fans. 

He has scored less than Austin, not played recently in England or in a league similar to ours, is older than Austin, been available for a while and no one has been desperate to sign him. Think fans are allowed to be underwhelmed...

May be a master stroke but on a list of 'players who will get the fans excited' he would definitely be on page 2.

Archived