Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Potential move for Austin was about 50-50 supported by fans. 

He has scored less than Austin, not played recently in England or in a league similar to ours, is older than Austin, been available for a while and no one has been desperate to sign him. Think fans are allowed to be underwhelmed...

May be a master stroke but on a list of 'players who will get the fans excited' he would definitely be on page 2.

I think he'll prove to be a good signing. His kind of experience will bring a different dimension to the squad. I think he'll have a positive impact. And when he hangs his boots up next year we'll say we'll think of him fondly.

I refuse to have a downer on any player who has yet to kick a ball for us.

Everyone wants him to do well, as Derby fans that should be a prerequisite, but we've just signed a player that was reduced to the bench and then as an unused sub for a Mexican team. He's coming to the end of his career and he's never, ever been impressive at any point. 

Let's not try and make this something it's not. We hopefully should never have to use him in the first team, other than the occasional unused appearance from the bench. This is a signing I wouldn't even expect Wycombe to make, nevermind us, so let's just hope we never have to see him in the flesh and we can go on to laugh about it in 5 years time like Weale, Poole and Holdsworth. 

All of which are more palatable than Anya, Jozefzoon and so on. 

Reminds me of the hysteria when we signed John Eustace, turned out to be one of the most astute pieces of recruitment in our recent history

He might be a Martin and find good form for the first time in a while, or he might be a Leon Best and be dreadful, we won't know until we see him play so how about we wait until then before throwing our toys out the pram?

I can understand the disappointment especiallly when you think we've seen had months to replace Martin and could have just kept him in the first place. 

But I much prefer this signing to Austin or Zohore who are on monster wages and in Austin's case have fitness issues. 

I've been trawling some international forums to see what people think of him. The Brazilians weren't very impressed, neither were Celtic fans. The following comment from a Feyenoord fan made me laugh.

"He is such a pathetic piece of poo. His very existence is an affront to all those average professional players who ply their trade all accross Europe. Kazim Richards is a banker, a poostain, the smell of a fat woman's privates.

The last 14 years of my club have been largely miserable. What we lack in glory we make up with a gallery of average and talentless players whose only fault is that they were not, in essence, worthy of the shirt.

Kazim-Kazim is so utterly poo and useless that he, retroactively, shines a glorious light on Jhonny van Beukering."

1 minute ago, Anon said:

I've been trawling some international forums to see what people think of him. The Brazilians weren't very impressed, neither were Celtic fans. The following comment from a Feyenoord fan made me laugh.

"He is such a pathetic piece of poo. His very existence is an affront to all those average professional players who ply their trade all accross Europe. Kazim Richards is a banker, a shitstain, the smell of a fat woman's privates.

The last 14 years of my club have been largely miserable. What we lack in glory we make up with a gallery of average and talentless players whose only fault is that they were not, in essence, worthy of the shirt.

Kazim-Kazim is so utterly poo and useless that he, retroactively, shines a glorious light on Jhonny van Beukering."

Sounds like an identical fanbase to ours.

1 minute ago, maydrakin said:

Well, I was a little underwhelmed, however, after listening to his interview, I have decided I like him.

He comes across as an interesting and level headed person, so I hope he does well.

Let's be clear: he's a very likeable bloke and speaks well. If we are disappointed it's not because we wanted to buy a personality, it's because we want to buy a footballer who will excite us and produce the goods and here's the thing, his career profile suggests very strongly, that he will not be anything more than a very short-term stop-gap with a very low probability of doing anything of note. 

3 minutes ago, Anon said:

"He is such a pathetic piece of poo. His very existence is an affront to all those average professional players who ply their trade all accross Europe. Kazim Richards is a banker, a poostain, the smell of a fat woman's privates.

I know its only utube, but he can hold the ball and bring people into the game, defenders will not like to play against him. goal scoring is not his best thing but thats not why he is here. give him a chance, I have a feeling we are going to be surprised

To say I am underwhelmed by this is an understatement. He is a journeyman looking for a pay day. He has one last one now with us. He could score a bag full but I highly doubt it. His goal scoring is worst than some defenders. This shows we have zero money and have been searching round for any forward of any quality worth nothing. I really hope I am proved wrong. I am not snobby I judge a player, especially a forward, on his career and this stinks of mercenary. It doesn't take guts to walk out for your former team's fierce rivals if the pay day is right. Glen Murray went on loan to a championship club this window and is exactly what we needed. I have been sceptical with our transfers so far. We have Mike TW and Jozwiak who both look good on paper but completely unproven in this country. There is Ibe who we judge on our experience five years ago. This isn't that Jordon Ibe. That was a long time ago. This Ibe hasn't really played in the last two seasons and has had severe personal problems. The only certainty is Matt Clarke. I hope we get Wilson, I hope Duncan fulfils his potential with us and soon and I hope Mike and Jozwiak come good.

2 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I know its only utube, but he can hold the ball and bring people into the game, defenders will not like to play against him. goal scoring is not his best thing but thats not why he is here. give him a chance, I have a feeling we are going to be surprised

Goal scoring is not his thing! He is a ducking forward. If he can't score goals then where are the coming from? We challenged for three seasons because Martin (our centre forward) scored 20 plus goals. If we are going to rely on wingers and midfielders to score consistently then we have problems. A forward should get at least 15 goals alone, especially playing up front on his own. He could shock is all but I doubt it.

11 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Well, I was a little underwhelmed, however, after listening to his interview, I have decided I like him.

He comes across as an interesting and level headed person, so I hope he does well.

Let's hope so, but I would rather have a intellectually challenged striker that talks with his feet. Wish him well but probably better breaking in fringe / academy players until the next window.

21 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I think he'll prove to be a good signing. His kind of experience will bring a different dimension to the squad. I think he'll have a positive impact. And when he hangs his boots up next year we'll say we'll think of him fondly.

I refuse to have a downer on any player who has yet to kick a ball for us.

That's your prerogative... To my mind its based on not a lot other than wishful thinking though. 

Some of the disgust is a little overstated but it's no more unbalanced than your evaluation. 

He may rip up the world but more likely he will be pretty underused and not overly effective and in its a position of huge importance where we are currently light. 

Archived