Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Personally I would prefer to see him in the starting 11 to Marriott, also prefer him upfront ahead of Rooneh too. Much more suited to the way we want to play and I think he can bring more out of the other attacking players than what Marriott does.

A world first!

Do you think anyone's ever said " I'd prefer CKR over Wayne Rooney" before?

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

A world first!

Do you think anyone's ever said " I'd prefer CKR over Wayne Rooney" before?

Maybe not for the past 15yrs but do you really think Rooney can do a better job & offer more as a lone striker now than what CKR can?

6 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Well,we haven’t have we? 1) Chris Martin left the club on July 31st and the club said he was still welcome to stay. 2) We were under a transfer embargo until August 15th so bringing in a quality striker for a decent fee and high wages wasn’t ever an option. 3) We’ve brought in Marshall,Byrne,Clarke ( on loan) ,Jordan Ibe and, eventually,Jozwiak after a lengthy pursuit starting in January. 4) Sales of Bogle and Lowe and getting rid of Bennett,Malone,Anya and Jozefzoon would seem to indicate an overall improvement to the squad and all done in an incredibly short time frame.Perhaps we should be adopting a glass half full approach and instead of constant carping ,give credit for some decent work done behind the scenes.We know it’s not perfect but that’s how football works folks .

Agree with everything you say, I’m very upbeat and accepting of all our deals so far and extremely positive they will all be good for the season and our future, particularly the younger ones like Duncan who could be a real gem once polished. Though Ibe could torment many defences once match sharp. This has been the best transfer window for years.

I’m still underwhelmed with this one as we have had time to find better but I’m waiting to be pleasantly surprised. If plays as well as he talks, maybe I will be.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Maybe not for the past 15yrs but do you really think Rooney can do a better job & offer more as a lone striker now than what CKR can?

Yes. 

Most low expectation signing I can recall...Happy to give anyone a chance but this signing isnt one from the top drawer on paper. 

On a positive it should really sort the men from the boys on the ITK stakes. This isn't 'Derby looking at Harry Wilson' standard, anyone suggesting this before the announcement must be listened to seriously in future!

23 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'd be delighted if he was an average Championship performer.

Maybe he's like a fine wine who's aged well, but I can't help but think he'll be a like a half drunk Echo Falls summer blend, which you discover in the fridge after returning from holiday.

It wasn't there before, so you know the kids have had a party, but they swear blind they haven't, and it must be yours!

You know it's not for you, but you try a taste anyway because you've not been shopping and need a drink.

One quick taste, and you're rummaging through the luggage for the novelty bottle of undrinkable liqueur you've bought back for a relative you don't like, just to take the taste out of your mouth.

I think he might be a little better than a flat Echo Falls Pink 2020 and equally I don’t think Chris Martin is a René Rostaing Cote-Rotie La Landonne 2013.  Personally think it has been a good window. I would get rid of Marriott personally, and I am not sure Wilson is all that (but I would be happy to be proved wrong if Mel does pull it up of the hat). Happy with Waggy, Rooney or cameos from big Colin up top to Christmas, and hope that Whittaker gets more chances to develop. 

p.s. Everybody knows you are an Echo Falls summer blend kind of a guy.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

I do not know the way that Cocu wants to play, especially after the Norwich game 

To be fair nor do I but I doubt Marriott's drop in form, or goals at least is all to do with coming back from injury.  Gut feel says it's to do with how Cocu wants him / the team to play. 

1 hour ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Great news. I think we can safely say that this was the name on the top of everybody’s lists as to who they would want to replace Chris Martin. Could end up being a Derby legend like John, Best and Holdsworth. If anyone sees a whelmed then I am well and truly under it but you never know, I suppose.

Or will he follow in the footsteps of Darryl Powell and Jake Buxton in being awarded the ‘Football Genius’ accolade and chant?

I liked his interview. Time will tell.

36 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'd be delighted if he was an average Championship performer.

Maybe he's like a fine wine who's aged well, but I can't help but think he'll be a like a half drunk Echo Falls summer blend, which you discover in the fridge after returning from holiday.

It wasn't there before, so you know the kids have had a party, but they swear blind they haven't, and it must be yours!

You know it's not for you, but you try a taste anyway because you've not been shopping and need a drink.

One quick taste, and you're rummaging through the luggage for the novelty bottle of undrinkable liqueur you've bought back for a relative you don't like, just to take the taste out of your mouth.

Rev etc you are a poet and you know it

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Agree with everything you say, I’m very upbeat and accepting of all our deals so far and extremely positive they will all be good for the season and our future, particularly the younger ones like Duncan who could be a real gem once polished. Though Ibe could torment many defences once match sharp. This has been the best transfer window for years.

I’m still underwhelmed with this one as we have had time to find better but I’m waiting to be pleasantly surprised. If plays as well as he talks, maybe I will be.

I think we set our stall out to get Dursun in but refused to pay over our valuation,as in the past, and they couldn’t find a replacement quickly enough-I think we’ll revisit this one in January.Austin divided opinions but obviously wants to stay in the Prem on silly money as is the case with Zohore who also divided the fans.Whoever we bring in is going to get slagged off-“ it’s the Derby Way!”

You’re not old enough ,I suspect, but I can remember the same “treatment” being given to Messrs John O’Hare ,Alan Hinton and John McGovern back in the day.Its amazing how many good “managers” there are out there !

8 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I think we set our stall out to get Dursun in but refused to pay over our valuation,as in the past, and they couldn’t find a replacement quickly enough-I think we’ll revisit this one in January.Austin divided opinions but obviously wants to stay in the Prem on silly money as is the case with Zohore who also divided the fans.Whoever we bring in is going to get slagged off-“ it’s the Derby Way!”

You’re not old enough ,I suspect, but I can remember the same “treatment” being given to Messrs John O’Hare ,Alan Hinton and John McGovern back in the day.Its amazing how many good “managers” there are out there !

Agree on Dursan, wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a M.T.W deal done in January. Austin yeah not fussed either way. Normally I’m a happy clapper type other than I grew up on Derek freaking Hales pictures on my wall in the first season I can remember, having missed the best parts of the glory years and I know Tommy Doc wasn’t one of them ?

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

YES!

CKR offers more height, strength and pace, Rooney has scored 1 goal from open play from what i recall and that was his 1st for us which took a huge deflection. Rooney is much more effective for us in midfield than as a lone striker

20 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think he might be a little better than a flat Echo Falls Pink 2020 and equally I don’t think Chris Martin is a René Rostaing Cote-Rotie La Landonne 2013.  Personally think it has been a good window. I would get rid of Marriott personally, and I am not sure Wilson is all that (but I would be happy to be proved wrong if Mel does pull it up of the hat). Happy with Waggy, Rooney or cameos from big Colin up top to Christmas, and hope that Whittaker gets more chances to develop. 

p.s. Everybody knows you are an Echo Falls summer blend kind of a guy.

Flat Liebfraumilch on tap -1987 vintage- probably warm as it's been unpurchased in the pipe for six months, with a splash of duty free Blue Nun.

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

CKR offers more height, strength and pace, Rooney has scored 1 goal from open play from what i recall and that was his 1st for us which took a huge deflection. Rooney is much more effective for us in midfield than as a lone striker

How many times has he played as a lone striker for us?

10 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Agree on Dursan, wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a M.T.W deal done in January. Austin yeah not fussed either way. Normally I’m a happy clapper type other than I grew up on Derek freaking Hales pictures on my wall in the first season I can remember, having missed the best parts of the glory years and I know Tommy Doc wasn’t one of them ?

Saw him described as the English Gerd Muller by one sportswriter !!!! Charlie George used to shake his head in disbelief watching his antics!!?

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many times has he played as a lone striker for us?

Exactly, if he was good enough to do it he would have played it more often but he hasnt, must be a reason for it? Not like Marriott did anything to justify starting over rooney in the role

Archived