Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Everyone wants him to do well, as Derby fans that should be a prerequisite, but we've just signed a player that was reduced to the bench and then as an unused sub for a Mexican team. He's coming to the end of his career and he's never, ever been impressive at any point. 

Let's not try and make this something it's not. We hopefully should never have to use him in the first team, other than the occasional unused appearance from the bench. This is a signing I wouldn't even expect Wycombe to make, nevermind us, so let's just hope we never have to see him in the flesh and we can go on to laugh about it in 5 years time like Weale, Poole and Holdsworth. 

All of which are more palatable than Anya, Jozefzoon and so on. 

So he will be starting tomorrow night then ?

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Anon said:

I've been trawling some international forums to see what people think of him. The Brazilians weren't very impressed, neither were Celtic fans. The following comment from a Feyenoord fan made me laugh.

"He is such a pathetic piece of poo. His very existence is an affront to all those average professional players who ply their trade all accross Europe. Kazim Richards is a banker, a poostain, the smell of a fat woman's privates.

The last 14 years of my club have been largely miserable. What we lack in glory we make up with a gallery of average and talentless players whose only fault is that they were not, in essence, worthy of the shirt.

Kazim-Kazim is so utterly poo and useless that he, retroactively, shines a glorious light on Jhonny van Beukering."

We laugh, but fundamentally this is exactly what I have absolutely no confidence that this team will ever see the light of day in the Premier League again. 

I can't do anything about it, so I'm not going to worry myself and it's looking more and more unlikely that we will see another game live for the next 12 months. We most likely never see Kazim-Richards play in the flesh in a Derby County shirt. 

1 hour ago, BucksRam said:

My thought exactly.  I like Marriott but he doesn't seem to suit the way Cocu wants to play.  This guy though could actually be the outlet for goals for those running on through as you've said. He's a good target man, able to lay off or head on a long ball to the likes of Ibe or Jozwiak storming on through. Maybe he'll even chip in one or two himself. Does him signing excite me? Not at all, however benefit of the doubt for me at the moment until he warrants a moan.   

I do not know the way that Cocu wants to play, especially after the Norwich game 

29 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Let's be clear: he's a very likeable bloke and speaks well. If we are disappointed it's not because we wanted to buy a personality, it's because we want to buy a footballer who will excite us and produce the goods and here's the thing, his career profile suggests very strongly, that he will not be anything more than a very short-term stop-gap with a very low probability of doing anything of note. 

Reminds me of the manager...hat on

18 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

We laugh, but fundamentally this is exactly what I have absolutely no confidence that this team will ever see the light of day in the Premier League again. 

I can't do anything about it, so I'm not going to worry myself and it's looking more and more unlikely that we will see another game live for the next 12 months. We most likely never see Kazim-Richards play in the flesh in a Derby County shirt. 

If we don't see a game for another 12 months the government are absolute Bamfords, end of this season is the limit just like on other restrictions  unless they want the solutions to far outweigh the benefits and cause issues for many years to come. 

It’s clear that cocu wants a certain mould of player in that focal striking position; we all get that. It’s also clear that we don’t have huge wodges of cash to throw about. Strikers traditionally are the most expensive acquisitions. Jozwiak they clearly see as a long term investment so worth the extra punt. I fear the ideal striker for us would cost the double digits of millions so it’s out of the permanent question right now. So plan B was a cheap punt abroad or borrowing someone. Neither of which are perfect but might have been enough for us to get by. Our acquisition from Germany was thwarted by lack of replacement on their part but a permanent addition looks the preference. I think we’ll be back in jan. So then we have potential loans. I reckon combinations of loan fee, wages, lack of player inclination or club replacements has once again scuppered that. Do we overpay for a loan/wages that still isn’t the perfect solution, potentially taking money away from a better solution down the line? So I think we’ve taken the decision to save the money for now, wait to get waghorn back who can do an ok job at that role and then kazim is just a dirt cheap option for a bit of something different and a bit of depth/option from the bench. It’s not what we were aimed for but it’s a cheap punt. And even if he can hold it up a bit, might still do a job in part.

But then there’s the Martin question. My view is the club thought he could play a part for one more year but wanted to look at a more long term solution and potentially use his high wages in this climate to help fund that. 2 years of comparatively high wages still adds up and clearly the club didn’t think for the whole duration the value warranted the spend of what he wanted/was on and really wanted to get in a permanent replacement. worst case scenario, with tight purse strings, we get by Currently and continue to mould the squad, window by window. 

All in all I think the wages of Martin cover several of the new players wages and a decent part of dursun financing. So the club see it as the best long term plan, even if it’s a bit worse before it gets better.

9 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We are a bottom half of the Championship team in my mind but I hope that I will be startled by a push for the top six.

On paper we are a team who should be around 6th, just so far the team has been absolutely ducking awful because the spine of the team is out . With Lawrence, Ibe, Waghorn, Bielik to come in we will be better, if not and we are still crap then come December we should get rid of Cocu. 

Reading through this thread and not knowing a huge amount about CKR I was initially completely underwhelmed. But that’s a decent interview and sounds like we can expect a lot of poo-housery needling opposition defenders and physicality.

The guy is a unit, still looks so athletic, I’m up for giving him at least until half time before I write him off

Archived