Colin Kazim-Richards - Signed on a One Year Deal

Heisenberg

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could well end up being what Kuqi was for Cywka Bueno and Commons under Clough. Didn’t score many but made the 3 behind flourish, we certainly have solid options behind the striker, just need the focal point. That could be Waghorn, CZR is just another option as Marriott is never going to be the player for that role. 

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I know your comment was said tongue in cheek but theres a lot of difference with some of the posters commenting on his signing as a criticism of the player by proxy when it's actually directed at the club for having months to sort out replacing our main striker and having to land on him right at the final knockings which smacks of sheer desperation. 

Of course deals are always easy to get over the line. 

Yes - he's not a £20m striker. But of the options available to us, he doesnt look bad. 

Didn't look at his stats previously yet, but he talks and holds himself well in the interview, states his game is physical he's 6ft 1 and didn't look too bad in the very short training clips.

Don't write him off yet, he could he exactly what we need, Marriott (as much as I want him to do well) clearly isn't on his best partially due to the role Cocu wants him to play. I think Colin could he an excellent fit without much risk. 1 year contract to the club and signed on a free. We could do much much worse. 

17 minutes ago, matty1986 said:

Always been a good player. Really excited to see what he can do. Finally, we can look forwards rather than carping endlessly about past loves.

Only if he's any good or rather better than what we had before (lol),otherwise we will always be looking back......let's face it,if you fluked a gorgeous girlfriend but married a older minger,who wouldn't look be thinking of their ex in the sack ?

6 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Yes - he's not a £20m striker. But of the options available to us, he doesnt look bad. 

Didn't look at his stats previously yet, but he talks and holds himself well in the interview, states his game is physical he's 6ft 1 and didn't look too bad in the very short training clips.

Don't write him off yet, he could he exactly what we need, Marriott (as much as I want him to do well) clearly isn't on his best partially due to the role Cocu wants him to play. I think Colin could he an excellent fit without much risk. 1 year contract to the club and signed on a free. We could do much much worse. 

Has what he says in an interview any indication or relevance as to how he will perform on the pitch ?

It’s not championship manager?. If cocu could sign anyone he wanted do you think he would have signed Kazim-Richards? Obviously finances are playing a part now. We’ve signed ibe and jozwiak who are going to be good players at this level. Belik is almost like a new signing and with Lawrence and waggy to come back I think we’ll be a decent team. Give us a few weeks for players to get back for and sharper and then I think we will be able to judge cocu better. Finances are tight. I reckon if we’re up near the top six by January then we might push the boat out for a good striker depending on outgoings. Personally think we’re going to struggle this season but I’m still looking forward to it 

We need to firstly be able to pick from 'all' our fit first team squad and secondly they need to play a few games playing together in Cocu's chosen formation.

Only, then can we pass a truly in-formed judgement on this team is going and its possible true potential.

Early days yet, boys. Keep the the faith.

Were neither relegated nor promoted in October.

I just can't work this out. If we had scraped the barrel harder we probably wouldn't have found much worse. 

I don't think he's particularly fast 

I don't think he's ever been a target man,  he's not particularity tall or noted for his strength. 

His goalscoring record has always been awful

I can only presume he will be backup for Waghorn, and I hope he's on significantly less money than Marriott otherwise letting him go again makes no sense. 

This inspires me about as much as signing Jon Macken in 2007. I'd much rather play the academy players than this guy. 

Ridiculous signing. 

26 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Only if he's any good or rather better than what we had before (lol),otherwise we will always be looking back......let's face it,if you fluked a gorgeous girlfriend but married a older minger,who wouldn't look be thinking of their ex in the sack ?

Depends if the minger lets you do the things you want that the ex wouldn't?

Archived