Louie Sibley

Heisenberg

31 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I really like Louie Sibley and I’m not sure here but - 

If we sold Sibley for £10m and brought in Harry Wilson for £10m what would we all think? 

Difficult question because we don’t know how far Sibley will go and and we have a rough idea of Wilson. 

Would prefer to keep Sibley. These days football players and teams are so often disconnected from fans that it makes it all worth it when there is a player you are invested in and care about. Sibley is that sort of player that if he comes good you would get a season ticket to see each week.  We may need cash but there are longer term effects from selling players fans care about and may hit the profit bottom line further down the road. That's why Keogh, Martin, Thorne, etc etc have produced such never-ending threads on here - fans care (true in a positive or negative way) but if You stop feeling invested in the team, you stop buying shirts, you stop getting a season ticket, you stop paying for ramstv or sky, you stop going to occasional matches - it is a slippery slope to reduced money coming in later and it is hard to get people back especially with how the economy is going. 

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fear our finances are terrible... only 18 months ago, we sold our stadium to our owner to make a manufactured profit and avoid breaching ffp 

I expect we’ll be scraping around for a couple of years until the this year becomes the first of the FFP three year cycle as it’s the first time our wage bill has dropped (hopefully to a sustainable level)

2 minutes ago, Jram said:

I fear our finances are terrible... only 18 months ago, we sold our stadium to our owner to make a manufactured profit and avoid breaching ffp 

I expect we’ll be scraping around for a couple of years until the this year becomes the first of the FFP three year cycle as it’s the first time our wage bill has dropped (hopefully to a sustainable level)

GoC said early thinks we are about break even now so on an upward trajectory finances wise (fingers crossed)

50 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

People who are saying we're fine financially, to be quite blunt, are deluded. Like I said, I'm making educated guesses, yes I know, guesses, HOWEVER, I'm not being stupid and trying to lie and say everything is fine, because to be frank, it's clearly not. Our finances have been grim readings for years now. 

Show us the figures then if you are the font of all knowledge 

4 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Show us the figures then if you are the font of all knowledge 

How long have you been a Derby fan? Surely you are knowledgeable enough to see that our finances have been nothing but grim for years now, you know, we sold our stadium the other year because...?

11 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Will had come back from an ACL and had not rediscovered his best form , plus Rowett did not fancy him and no other bidders put Will's value down not Mel Morris

We sold him a year after his ACL recovery and he was as good as he was before. The amount we sold Will Hughes for was peanuts in comparison to what he's worth, if you can't see that, I'm shocked.

Can't see Sibley going anywhere. unless Cocu has got him offside, or we push him.

If he was offered a quick route to the Prem and guaranteed an immediate first team shot then maybe, but he's not going to get the same opportunities at that level, so I can't see it.

Would like to think we could actually keep our academy graduates, not just become a production line. 

2 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

We sold him a year after his ACL recovery and he was as good as he was before. The amount we sold Will Hughes for was peanuts in comparison to what he's worth, if you can't see that, I'm shocked.

It seems to me like you are the font of all knowledge regarding DCFC.

Most of us know that things are tight cash wise, but the signing of Joswiak and the offer for Dursan show me that we're not in the desperate mess that you seem to think we are.

Mel and Pearson are bound to be worried about finances. No crowds, advertising revenue down, events at PP non exsistent, and not knowing when the government will be lifting restrictions. But that doesn't mean they are going to sell to the first bidder that comes along and sell the family jewellery off on the cheap.

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Like I said, I'm making educated guesses, yes I know, guesses...

Right, that's what I thought you were doing. We can all guess, some better than others when the news finally breaks. But still guessing.

Same as lots of these 'Twitter exclusives' are doing.

We did take out a £30m loan not long ago, so who knows how the finances really look.

I suspect it's the lad at Norwich they really want to do a deal for and are just letting them know "we could buy someone else so lets get it done"

I'd be sad, but realistic if we sell Sibley, delighted if we don't. As for the lad himself, if he's being looked at by Leeds now, hopefully he knows this move to Leeds right now isn't going to be his only chance to make it to the PL.

And if it was anyone in the Prem who wasn't Leeds I think we'd all be a bit calmer about it.

27 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Read what else i said , you are doing what you accuse others of doing , you are only believing sources that fit your narrative. You are only guessing like the rest of us but we are not trying to pass it off as fact repeatedly 

Archived