Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jcidaho said:

Remember your post, when Marriott gets a run of games and bangs them in for another club, and we look completely stupid. 

Marriott had a worse record for Derby than Theo Robinson playing in a worse team. 

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We live in a fluid environment. Things change daily or even hourly. What's appropriate one day can not be the correct solution the next. That's Mel's cop out. 

"We're not even close to having discussions about him leaving. He won't be sacked if we lose to Watford"

We may live in a fluid environment, but to draw the conclusion that he'll go back on what he said after 2 days, after a close game we largely matched the opposition would take suspensions of disbelief to a whole new level.

2 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Hmmm, yes of course. Nowt to do with the players available at all was it? 

Well the players who aren’t available all played for Cocu last season at various times and we were still poo then so what’s your point? 

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Thought we were decent this evening. Lots of energy, plenty of press first half & looked very secure with a decent shape.

Rooney was much improved, worked really hard & tried to link things up. Reality is though we had precious little else to cause them problems...of course down to injuries. Knight (who I thought was immense in terms of workrate) & Holmes are centre midfielders and against a team as disciplined as Watford, it was never going to be enough.

Their winner was top quality. Nothing you can do about that but the takeaway is we're no longer easy to score against. Once the quality is added (Lawrence & Jozwiak), we'll start picking up results. Keep the faith

Only saw the last ten minutes so not qualified to comment. Not scoring was however very predictable. When we get people back we will have had the worst start for a long time but will hopefully improve. 

2 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

Remember your post, when Marriott gets a run of games and bangs them in for another club, and we look completely stupid. 

8 goals in 63 games since the start of 2019.

3 league goals in 52 games in the same time. 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Are you smoking crack, we didn’t have one shot on target......at home 

I mean, we did.

But that’s also ignoring that shots on target is a rubbish measure of performance. Rooney’s effort wasn’t a shot on target but was the best chance of the game by a country mile. Holmes’ was the second best chance.

Thought we were ok, goal came from what was pretty much the only defensive mistake of the game (Evans not getting close). A draw was probably right but nothing more.

A big problem for me in the 3-5-2, is the midfield two didn’t push forward enough which made it easy for their defence. It probably needs a Knight or Holmes in there when all are available.

Interesting one from sky tonight, a really close game with nothing to really pick with the teams yet we are seemingly needled at all night.

Cocu teams play dull football - is that the philosophy? I mean he has a few flair players out, but that can happen to every club every season - he can't dine out on that forever surely?

We have some really good attacking players at the club but the Cocu style will never get the best out of them - will he change his philosophy? I very much doubt it....he hasn't so far and we have morphed into a team that are generally pretty difficult to watch..

I think if Lawrence Waggy Ibe etc. come in people will expect to see a far more entertaining product on the pitch, if Cocu manages this with decent results he may well survive - but if these players return and the dull uninspiring football continues then he will be gone by December.

Hopefully he and his coaching team can turn things around but no sign of it so far..

Just now, HorsforthRam said:

Obviously gutted about the result but I thought we were much better at keeping the ball and moving it more quickly. Lawerence made a difference. A few others back and we’ll be ok. If Watford are the standard, then we did well

Yep. Think Watford are much in the same position missing key players in Deeney, Gray, Hughes and Capoue as we are in missing Waghorn, Bielik, Jozwiak, Sibley and sort of Lawrence (only playing the last 20 or so). Hence why both sides set up as they did with the philosophy of let’s be solid and see if we can nick one. Nowt in it. Far too early to judge us.  

10 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

We're in trouble this year. We carry zero threat and we've brought in Colin Kazim-Richards to address this. He's a striker in the latter days of his career who scored about 1 in 6 at his peak.

The football is boring, we're loose at the back and we don't score. All I can say is, thank Christ we don't have a point deduction or we would be buggered.

We didn’t look lose at the back today. Pretty solid I thought. But was a quality goal. 

Young players played really well against a team who only just got relegated. 

We had everything but a striker today.

Its not that bad!

Just now, Rampage said:

Only saw the last ten minutes so not qualified to comment. Not scoring was however very predictable. When we get people back we will have had the worst start for a long time but will hopefully improve. 

If we are going to lose then do it by taking risks please.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I mean we did. Not saying it was good enough, just saying it wasn’t that bad.

How wasn’t it that bad? At home we didn’t have a shot on target

Archived