Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Curtains said:

So what’s your answer. 

Maybe you should appoint the next Derby Manager 

Maybe I should! Mel hasn’t had much luck has he. My answer would be to play a more fast paced game with less emphasis on possession for possession sake.

I feel sorry for Cocu and what he was dealt with last year but he doesn’t appear to do himself any favours with a laboured, laborious style of play that, in my opinion, won’t work in the championship. 

I would be very interested in Paul Cook if It was my choice. It would be a gamble but he could end up being our Chris Wilder. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

I don't know what that means

Ok to keep it simple for you. The manger decides what players he needs in his squad, those who have left, left on his approval. Those who joined, did so on his approval. Is that more simplistic for you ? 

Why why do commentators all come from Hertfordshire and sound like anything North of the M25 is a team of plucky also rans, mill workers, and grimes grudges. Jeez it was Watford FM 

That was an ok game of footy from two well matched teams lacking a star but for one golden moment. If you’d only had audio you’d have thought it was Spondon colts V Barca 

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Why why do commentators all come from Hertfordshire and sound like anything North of the M25 is a team of plucky also rans, mill workers, and grimes grudges. Jeez it was Watford FM 

That was an ok game of footy from two well matched teams lacking a star but for one golden moment. If you’d only had audio you’d have thought it was Spondon colts V Barca 

The way to shut them up is to play well and force them to praise us and our wonderful football, a la 2014 when they literally wept at Mac's feet.

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Maybe I should! Mel hasn’t had much luck has he. My answer would be to play a more fast paced game with less emphasis on possession for possession sake.

I feel sorry for Cocu and what he was dealt with last year but he doesn’t appear to do himself any favours with a laboured, laborious style of play that, in my opinion, won’t work in the championship. 

I would be very interested in Paul Cook if It was my choice. It would be a gamble but he could end up being our Chris Wilder. 

To be honest after the Rooney / Gregory story I think it’s very difficult for Cocu. 

I think Watford have a better squad than Derby and we have not recruited the Forward players we require in the window. 

It’s not too late for Cocu but he’s running out of time I suspect .

I wanted him to stay because continuity is important but the pressure is almost too much for him I believe.

I hope he gets time from MM but the Chairman is the man with the money not me so ultimately it will be his decisions that count. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Everything you need to know is in how the two penalty shouts were viewed. Pretty identical but the commentators could twist the narrative to one being a penalty (Watford) and another not (Derby). 

I don’t want to be pro RamsTV, but sometimes Sky Sports is a hard watch. They seem immune to the idea a game can just be ok with two teams cancelling each other out 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

But surely has the last say in who departs ? 

I don't know about that,I really dont...he made it clear he wanted Martin to stay.

But.....had he been involved in setting a wages limit of length of contract he could have?

If he was,then it's his fault as well as mels (dependant on the budget available)

8 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Cocus a ducking clown had enough of him now, if we finish higher than 15th this season it will be a miracle.  He makes Garry Rowett look like ducking Guardiola, we can't create anything. 2 goals in 5 games 2 ducking goals, Wycombe would be embarrassed with that. 

This the Wycombe who haven't scored a league goal this season?

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think Lee Buchanan is getting better and better in that LWB position. He's learning more defensively all the time and offers a fair amount going the other way too. Really happy with how he's progressing this season. 

He’s got a lot better in the air, real outlet from goal kicks. Very impresssed with him. I’d like to return to a back 4 Tuesday night mind, so hope he copes better than against Blackburn. With Clarke next to him rather than an out of position Wisdom, he should find it easier.

Firstly tonight a draw would have been right but a worldie won it, that's how it goes .

Secondly folks can complain about Cocu until the cows come home but until the injured players or players who are not fit this is what you are going to get, give the bloke a rest.

Judge him when Bielk,Waghorn,Ibe, Sibley, the pole are fit.

We have so little in the final third with what we have available and we have to take a chance when we manage to create one.

If we are still in this position when all fit players are playing then It maybe time until then it's going to be like this for a few more weeks.

Keep the faith

The Huddersfield game will tell us all we need to know about Cocu and the team moving forward.

What we’ve tried in the past two games was obviously with the strong opposition in mind and stopping the rot in mind.

For 75 minutes, it worked tonight. We were undone by a moment of quality but otherwise did Watford look like scoring? They looked beyond average. Both keepers could have got their pyjamas on and taken a nap, by and large. 

Rooney takes the simplest of chances, it ends 1-1, and we would have looked back at 4 points well earned in troubled times. Obviously that didn’t happen.

There will be no justification for a performance like that v Huddersfield.

If we don’t see a massive improvement, a more positive, more exciting and braver approach, as well as a positive result midweek, it’s looking like Cocu will need to produce something special against Forest to have any hope of saving his job.

If it ends up being 6 defeats in 7 as is fairly possible, I don’t see any Championship manager surviving that kind of start to the season.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You know how budgets work, right?

You make compromises when money is tight. And money IS tight.

Yep absolutely, but Turkish Colin vs Marriott? Anyway tonight isn’t about that, are you seriously happy with that performance?

Archived