Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

4 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

That we finished top 10 and had a decent shot of the playoffs with a few games to go whilst fielding 5 or so academy players most of the time?

And I think you’ll find Bielik missed the majority of the season? Sibley only came to the fore in the latter half and none of them were all available at the same time so I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at?

But yea, actually your probably right Derby = poo, Cocu = poo, everything poo. Sack the the lot of them I say. 

No not the lot of them, just the one who picks the tactics and the team and replace him with someone who understands that attack is the best form of defence. All three home league games lost, 4 defeats in first 5 matches, 2 goals in 5 games. But hey, let’s keep making excuses for Mr Cocu. 

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Who were these top players tonight? Haven’t they sold most of the. Whilst the other half weren’t playing? Ultimately it doesn’t really matter who we play - we simply dont look like scoring.

So what’s your answer. 

Maybe you should appoint the next Derby Manager 

6 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

He let them go? You know that? Martin wasn't interested in our terms. Marriott can't score for toffee in our current set up. 

And no one else can 

Just now, Coconut said:

Jesus ducking Christ indeed.

Why let reality get in the way of you talking poo 

He’s the manager, isn’t he in control of his resources? If not please elaborate who is 

Just now, Curtains said:

I blame MM mate 

There I’ve said it now. 

I'm with you mate. His work with the academy has been fantastic and I'm grateful for that, but lately is seems every week there's news about loans being taken out, other ways of creative accounting to meet FFP limits, rumoured low transfers fees etc. 

Despite that, I just don't see Cocu as the manager to get the best out of this team. He's certainly had plenty of things against him, car crash, FFP embargoes, injuries etc, but for me he's not the right man to improve this team unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, ramit said:

Martin wanted more than the club could offer, Marriott has not been working as a lone striker

Marriott is better than what we have remaining 

4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

No not the lot of them, just the one who picks the tactics and the team and replace him with someone who understands that attack is the best form of defence. All three home league games lost, 4 defeats in first 5 matches, 2 goals in 5 games. But hey, let’s keep making excuses for Mr Cocu. 

And you’d replace him with whom?

So much is hanging on players getting fit or returning from injury. Particually Waghorn as he's the only one capable of being the 9 we need. Rooney can't do it anymore and none of the other attackers can play that role.

I'm pretty untroubled by it all TBH. We'll get better when the better players are fit. The team is trying. There will be worse teams than us in the division and we'll win enough matches to be an unremarkable dull but worthy team who finishes in the middle. No drama about things falling apart, no excitment or dreaming of going up.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Is the squad of players he had available to start today an improvement on last year?

No, but curtains said the expectations was to avoid relegation this season. He won't be limited to today's team for every game this season and if the best we can hope for is avoiding relegation then that's quite worrying. 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

He’s the manager, isn’t he in control of his resources? If not please elaborate who is 

The finance & recruitment people, the EFL & our need to meet FFP requirements 

Cocu made it clear that if he had his way Martin wouldn't have left

Marriott maybe he's not too bothered about, and nor am I

Stating as fact that 'cocu let Martin go' is complete toss and a false representation the situation.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

This is the most pleasing thing from today for me.

Hopefully he's our long term answer to the LB/LWB position, it's one we've never really been settled on for a number of seasons. Seems like he's making the position his own. 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

I'm with you mate. His work with the academy has been fantastic and I'm grateful for that, but lately is seems every week there's news about loans being taken out, other ways of creative accounting to meet FFP limits, rumoured low transfers fees etc. 

Despite that, I just don't see Cocu as the manager to get the best out of this team. He's certainly had plenty of things against him, car crash, FFP embargoes, injuries etc, but for me he's not the right man to improve this team unfortunately.

Well he does look a bit low on confidence at the moment .

It’s tough for him at the moment 

The Rooney / Gregory story really didn’t help and for me the writing is probably now on the wall. 

Archived