Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

Friday 16th October, 19:45 KO.

Told you all I’d get us back on track didn’t I? ? Now I’m back we’re gonna go on a McClaren esque winning run. Let’s ducking have it!

Another one of the toughest games of the season on paper this one. But Watford have proven so far that they’re not invincible, and we’re at home as well, so I think we’ve got to hold hopes of getting all 3 points again. It’s definitely time we got our home season up and running after a very rocky start. 

My team FWIW:

Marshall 

Byrne Te Weirik Davies Clarke Buchanan

Holmes Knight Shinnie Whittaker

Rooney

Still don’t think Evans is a CB, so Te Weirik comes back in to give us some extra mobility at the back, as well as someone to carry the ball out of defence. Wasn’t hugely impressed by Holmes today, but most of our wide options still aren’t fit, so I’m not sure who I’d put in for him. Maybe if Lawrence is fit he comes in as well, otherwise Holmes keeps his place. I’m not convinced by Jozwiak in this deeper formation either, so I think, just for the time being whilst we get ourselves back on track in this tricky run of fixtures, I’d temporarily leave him out from the start and use him as an impact sub. Whittaker did very well in his sub appearance, so think he deserves a go from the start here.

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me 

Marshall 

Byrne Davies  Clarke Buchanan /new

Bielik /Shinnie 

Rooney         Knight 

Holmes  Austin/Dursun Jozwiak

With hopefully Ibe and one of Lawrence or Waghorn on the bench. We will loose more than we win playing 5 at the back imo, worked today but I think it invites too much pressure. Would keep Shinnie, Davies and Knight in the team as they were the core of our defensive performance. 

Same team as today for me unless any of Waghorn, Lawrence, Ibe or new striker are ready for first team action. Knight has to play in the middle again and Davies has to play in defence.

Hopefully agent Will Hughes is back form injury to help us out. A shame there are no fans to welcome him back to Pride Park.

2 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Really hoping Will isn't available for this game. He's bound to have a stonking game and that would distress me greatly.

Looking at the Watford players not even on their bench today - Gray, Will, Deeney, Deulofeu - fingers crossed they're still out when we play them 

51 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Marshall 

Bryne  Davies Clarke Buchanan     

Knight Shinnie  

Lawrence. Rooney Jozwiak     

Austin 

I like this a lot. 

Only thing is I'm not sure about Buchanan as a left back. Think he's much better as a LWB.

I'm really hoping we sign a LB before the window shuts.

What I'd like to see in a couple of weeks:

Marshall
Byrne, Davies, Clarke, New LB
      Knight, Bielik, Shinnie
      Ibe, New ST, Jozwiak

Subs: Roos, Evans, Wisdom, Bird, Marriott, Rooney, Whittaker

5-4-1 when defending. 4-3-3 when attacking. Harsh on Rooney after his free kick, I just feel we need more of a focal point up front than he gives and more energy in midfield than he currently has... on the bench though if we need a moment of magic!

9 minutes ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

Marshall 

Bryne Davies Clarke Buchanan   

Knight Beilik

Waghorn Lawrence Jozwiak

Austin/Dersun

There is no way I’d have Lawrence over Sibley 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

From what Cocu has said, Ibe and Duncan won’t be in the first team picture until November. Just have to be patient.....

I think you can throw Bielik into that too, there are two U23 games this month I would expect them to have minutes there first unless they have private friendlies over the international break. 

22 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

I think you can throw Bielik into that too, there are two U23 games this month I would expect them to have minutes there first unless they have private friendlies over the international break. 

Yes, agree about all 3. For me Bielik is the key. If he comes back fit, he will give us that presence in midfield, someone who can dominate and dictate the game. I had thought Holmes would be his ideal sidekick but maybe him and Knight in the midfield 2 is the answer ?

Archived