Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, angieram said:

Haven't read the thread but managed to see last night's match on Sky go. Wifi where I was not up to me coming on here at same time!

I thought there were some bright performances,  most notably Knight and Buchanan. Passing was better but we still need someone to take the risk of playing that through ball quicker. Lawrence looking fit and could also have scored. Rooney looked much better and did a lot of chasing down, but that chance when he was through he should have been on target. Free kick less so.

I would have taken a draw against both Norwich and Watford. That would have given us 2 points. Rooney scoring his free kick against Norwich rather than Watford has given us the extra point. ?

I thought we lost our way at the end when we brought on one too many forwards to chase game. No-one seemed to know where they were playing. Maybe Cocu can risk an extra attacking player from the start next time? It might help! 

Bang on as always @angieram

As regards the extra attacking player from the start i think we all agree, but think he’s still focussing on building that consistent solid base for the short term, as that becomes more established I expect him to become more adventurous 

On the transfer situation, I have a feeling that someone got away from us at the last minute, just a feeling but I think they were expecting someone to sign.

on the game, we are getting better, but need that number 9 and the injured back, then we will be able to create and take chances. Also we will be able to keep the balls higher up the field. 

thought we deserved a draw against Watford, thought the players efforts were there to see, good seeing Lawrence on the field... just believe , because things will get better 

18 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

On the transfer situation, I have a feeling that someone got away from us at the last minute, just a feeling but I think they were expecting someone to sign.

on the game, we are getting better, but need that number 9 and the injured back, then we will be able to create and take chances. Also we will be able to keep the balls higher up the field. 

thought we deserved a draw against Watford, thought the players efforts were there to see, good seeing Lawrence on the field... just believe , because things will get better 

Are we better than this time last year?

I'd venture that we are,as a whole,worse or certainly no better in every aspect.

However,we need to see how we go with colin,waggers,bielik in the squad as that will be Phil's first custom made Derby team.

42 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Are we better than this time last year?

I'd venture that we are,as a whole,worse or certainly no better in every aspect.

However,we need to see how we go with colin,waggers,bielik in the squad as that will be Phil's first custom made Derby team.

I’m not disagreeing with you, we are building something but not there yet

8 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Wages v no goals. Doesn't fit the current style. So pleased you are not in charge

What style is that? We now have one less wage on the books and still no goals. Brilliant planning  

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Been away for the weekend, and didn't get chance to watch/listen to this.  So The Norwich game is still the only game I've watched so far this season.

How did we do?  I do hope I didn't jinx things by giving it a miss!   

it was great, there has been nothing but harmony on the forum since then,  making me feel a bit Ill just how friendly everyone is being to each other.

?

58 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

it was great, there has been nothing but harmony on the forum since then,  making me feel a bit Ill just how friendly everyone is being to each other.

?

I'm noticing that!  Just catching up now.

Actually, "Harmonic atmosphere" was the second phrase that popped into my head, right after "Well, this makes a nice change" and just before "Friday can't come soon enough"!    :-)

Archived