Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Well the players who aren’t available all played for Cocu last season at various times and we were still poo then so what’s your point? 

Jordon Ibe and Kamil Jozwiak were here last season? ?

It was a really poor game to watch.

Both sides were playing for a draw. I would have been upset if I had paid £10 to watch that on Rams TV.

To be fair to Cocu, unlike previous weeks, the gameplan was very clear. Keep it tight, stay organised, fight, stay in the game and capitalise late on.

The trouble is Watford beat us to the punch and won it with the only moment of quality in the game. Those are the fine margins in football.

There’s no need to pile on Cocu. At least he has tried to adapt and you can see he is desperate to stop the rot. Today was one of those days - when it rains, it pours!

But hopefully we move away from three at the back and Rooney up front. It’s too limiting and chances are just too scarce.

Rooney showed some flashes of quality but it’s painfully obvious he’s a square peg in a round hole. You can’t have both Evans and Davies in defence. One looks like an accident waiting to happen and the other will get caught out playing out from the back. We have to go back to a back four.

In his cameo, Lawrence showed exactly why he is our best player. We don’t look like creating chances without a player like him on the pitch to move defenders around and unsettle them.

The other positive for me was Byrne. I thought he had an excellent game. But you can tell he’s used to having Kieffer Moore to aim at, can’t you?

We just have to regroup and find a way to win midweek.

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Which one wasn't a good chance: Rooney's or Holmes?

Holme's should have been a great chance IMO but unfortunately his first touch was poor and he ended up having to shoot with the ball too close to him.

Thought we looked OK to be honest. The striker issue still evident but we had our moments against one of the better sides in the league. A draw would have been a fair result IMO. Played some decent stuff at times and that without players like Sibley, Ibe, Jozwiak, Bielik and Waghorn. Took a worldie to split the teams in the end.

MOTM - Jason Knight again. Kid's a human dynamo.  

Just now, Millenniumram said:

As about 50 people have told you now, we did. Rooney missed a sitter as well.

It went ducking wide, not on target. Seriously are you happy with that performance?

11 minutes ago, Topram said:

You’ve got to give Cocu time to get Jozwaik Ibe Bielik back in

I get this idea I really do, I remember last season when we were saying the exact same thing. We beat sheff Wednesday and Blackburn 3-0 and we thought we had a real team, since that day everything has completely fell apart and we’ve progressively got worse. I mean we’ve lost 4 out 5 this season scoring 2 goals. What the hell is going on? Personally I’d be quite happy if he was sacked as I can’t see it getting better under him but he’s only going if he quits as we can’t afford to sack him. 

Its going to be a rough few weeks and Forest will no doubt smash us next week.

I thought Evans was partly to blame for the goal at the time but just watched it back, absolute quality goal. 

Not a lot in that tonight, we actually had the better chances (Rooney’s chance!)

Liking the defensive structure, got to work on getting players back and getting the right balance to give us more attacking threat. Shame we couldn’t get a point tonight that would set us up for the next 2 games. 

Archived