Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

There's a reason the doom merchants have only come out in the last 5-10 minutes as the loss looks more and more likely - we've not looked terrible today at all. We've looked like we've missed the attacking players who are missing, and soon to be back.

FT 0-1. A great goal separates the teams.

Rooney should've scored. 

Lawrence's 30 minutes showed a glimpse of light in the future.

When will a glimpse of the future be earlier enough to save us from something more imminent 

Thought we played pretty well just lacking confidence and cutting edge

Lawrence showed exactly what we’ve been missing as we looked about a million times more threatening with him on. 

Obviously doesn’t matter because the negative ninnies has decided how the performance was going to be before kick off. Sort of game that goes either way, against Norwich it went our way and tonight it didn’t but have to remember these are two of the promotion favourites. Pretty clear we aren’t yet at that level

They did to us what we did to Norwich.

Wonder goal with their only shot. Holmes and Rooney missed glorious chances. Lawerence could have scored and Rooney close on freekick.

Good to see Lawrence back. Thought we played ok vs a tough team to break down.

Assume everyone is going to get all worked up again about how dire things are.

Well, I for one am very surprised that our starting line up didn’t manage a goal. 

As for calls for Cocu out, I can’t say I am bothered either way but anyone who manages to buy a centre back who isn’t as good as George Evans Needs to answer a few questions in my book. 

I think we will improve a little bit With returning players but I think we are far more likely to be in a relegation fight than some on here realise. 

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Who is at fault for where we are?

Probably Mel. Been conned by previous managers or recruitment teams on splashing the cash towards fairly average players (hence the damn awful situation we are now in). But with that said, I still expect Cocu to produce more with what he has got.

It is really sad to think how far we have fallen from the 2014 season. It really hurts.

Stick a striker in there and we would have got a point at least. Surprised Kazim wasn’t on the bench  what with him training for the last two weeks. 

Not a bad performance. Just not enough going forward. 

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

Think that’s it for cocu. Not going to lie. Don’t want it to happen but have a gut feeling

I sincerely hope not because swapping/changing/sacking managers has got us where we are. Another manager will want his own style and his own players so we start again.

Cocu has a mix of young players as per the brief, a few left over from last year and a good set of new team members who need to settle in. Sacking him now would be suicide 

We're in trouble this year. We carry zero threat and we've brought in Colin Kazim-Richards to address this. He's a striker in the latter days of his career who scored about 1 in 6 at his peak.

The football is boring, we're loose at the back and we don't score. All I can say is, thank Christ we don't have a point deduction or we would be buggered.

Archived