Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

Just now, Curtains said:

Let’s face it we just need to avoid relegation this season. 

I thought Watford would always win this game as they have quality Premier League players. 

Let’s see if MM can hold his nerve 

Yep, just about sums up how poor Cocu is. On the whole we've improved our squad from last season and even some of those in favour of Cocu have low expectations of how far he can take us this season. 

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Yep, just about sums up how poor Cocu is. On the whole we've improved our squad from last season and even some of those in favour of Cocu have low expectations of how far he can take us this season. 

Do you really expect to compete with Watford who have just been relegated with top players 

I remember when Clough was here going through the motions because that’s all we had gotten use to and then he was replaced by Mac, how nice it was to see positive attacking football. 

Sat at home I can telegraph where the next ball is going. I find myself saying ‘don’t go backwards, don’t you dare go backwards’ followed by inevitable backwards pass. At 0-1 we were tip tapping it round our back 3. I just belted our ‘they’ll let you do that all night’. This really isn’t good for my stress levels. 

This was the most ugly and boring gameplay Derby has produced in years. 

Evans and Clarke losing the ball and couldn't pass the ball. 

At a homegame only playing Rooney up front is just not enough. We should dictate the game instead

In midfield Bird did nothing apart from playing the ball back - no creativity at all. 

But I think it's all down to Cuco's way of playing  - it's so dull. 

This game only opened up the last 10 minutes and still we couldn't create anything that could give us a chance of goal. 

I'm about to lose my patience - and  if it's the same next time I wont even looking at future games before Cocu has left Derby. 

I said before the Norwich game that with that formation /team only the result mattered. 

Obviously we won and it was hailed as a tactical masterclass. 

Same today, but this time we are out-Derby'ed. Everyone saying we were unlucky. Afraid that's the risk you take when you set up so negatively. 

Full backs looked good, as did Clarke. Keeper is an upgrade. Knight worked tirelessly and Bird and Shinnie were workmanlike. Rooney looked a bit sharper but should have scored. Holmes decision making was poor. Lawrence looked to offer a spark. 

Boring match tbh.. 

Not sure if we were solid and encouraging or just dull. 

What the bloody hell game was Cocu watching we were great what in the ducking ******** world is this rick living in I’m absolutely amazed at his after match statement .... really this is great football ....... aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh so annoying the female host on sky couldn’t believe the after match interview either 

Just now, Curtains said:

Do you really expect to compete with Watford who have just been relegated with top players 

What's Watford got to do with my point? You said, 'let's face it we just need to avoid relegation this season.' If that's the expectations of someone like yourself who is in favour of Cocu, I think that just about sums things up at the minute. 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Cocu thinks we played well, and said if only we could score.....he let Martin and Marriott go ???? Jesus ducking Christ 

He let them go? You know that? Martin wasn't interested in our terms. Marriott can't score for toffee in our current set up. 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

What's Watford got to do with my point? You said, 'let's face it we just need to avoid relegation this season.' If that's the expectations of someone like yourself who is in favour of Cocu, I think that just about sums things up at the minute. 

I blame MM mate 

There I’ve said it now. 

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Is the squad of players he had available to start today an improvement on last year?

Fair play to Rooney.

I have been very critical of him so it’s only fair that I should single him out for praise tonight.

He used his strength well and was tidy on the ball. He also produced our only two moments of quality and was a foot away from scoring on both occasions.

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Cocu thinks we played well, and said if only we could score.....he let Martin and Marriott go ???? Jesus ducking Christ 

Martin wanted more than the club could offer, Marriott has not been working as a lone striker

33 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Probably to be expected when our first choice 4 forward players are sat in the stands. 

Wish Sky would climb out of Watford’s collective arse though. Jesus Christ, you’d have thought we were playing Pep era Barca the way they were brown-nosing them...

They do that for whoever Derby are playing. Since Lampard scuttled off to his daddy, and even though we are now WAyne rooney county, Sky don't like us and never have.

Archived