Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I don't think Cocu will be gone (or at least i hope not), but Mel isn't going to go on the radio and let everyone know he is about to sack the manager is he. Anything Mel said on the radio can't be treated as gospel.

It isn't treating it as gospel, it's using common sense and critical thought to come to a sensible conclusion based on the as full a picture of events as we can know

Christ, some people ?

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

It went ducking wide, not on target. Seriously are you happy with that performance?

The shot on target wasn’t Rooney’s, again as about 50 people have told you. It was from Lawrence. I’m not happy, I’m saying it was a bit better. Do I think Cocu will succeed here? No, not a chance. But you have to be fair, we weren’t that bad tonight.

Yes we weren't great tonight. Once we have all the attacking players back fit, aim to give them the ball as quickly as possible. Lawrence looked a threat when he came on, I can't wait to see him, Ibe, Jozwiak and Waghorn all in a front 4. Hopefully it will match any other attack in the division. Defensively again we looked good, abit of quality was the difference tonight. 

Can one of the 50 people who have told me we had a shot on target remind me of which one it was? I obviously fell asleep through boredom and missed it 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Are you smoking crack, we didn’t have one shot on target......at home 

Why would he be smoking crack ?

If you know anything about smoking crack, you would know that the match would be on but not be watched. 
Also rather than posting an opinion he would be either smoking crack or going out looking for it.

Stop giving crack smokers a bad name!!!!

It was organised, and to be honest a smart set up. We never looked out of battle, or ideas. Sky were wrong to say Watford were excellent and Derby toothless. It was the same game plan - they just came out on top thru a big of magic. 

I’m not too downbeat over tonight and certainly don’t lay the blame at Cocu’s door. 

Knight, Buchanan, Bird and Byrne looked very very good. 

if I were picking a side for the next game, I’d accept nothing less than this...
Marshall
Wiz Davies Clarke
Byrne Bird Knight Buchanan
Lawrence Rooney Jozwiak

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

It went ducking wide, not on target. Seriously are you happy with that performance?

Relatively. I'm not over the moon about the result, but it was an adequate performance. We did the best with what we had, and didn't get the result we deserved. 

I suspect we are becoming immune to watching toss football as many seem to think its ok to have no forward play or semblance of having any and lose by one goal instead of three.

A bit like drinking beer for years, being forced to drink pints of piss for six months instead then appreciating it when someone adds a dash of lemonade.

11 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Are you having a laugh played all right  ? first shot on goal 73mins ? 

Have you seen our other games this season ?‍♂️ if we weren't alright who had a bad game ?‍♂️ i dont think any player was particularly poor. Yes we could have been better but i dont think we were that bad. In open play we were probably better than Watford 

Just now, Andicis said:

Relatively. I'm not over the moon about the result, but it was an adequate performance. We did the best with what we had, and didn't get the result we deserved. 

Jesus, adequate performance. That’s like saying Rockey 5 was alright 

I know we are missing our main striker,I know that the players are trying their hardest,I appreciate all of that but somethings going wrong with the coaching here.....

Our attacking intent is completely absent and our tactics are predictable even to the layman....to an opposition manager it must be manna from heaven in allowing them to set up their team to counter us.

10 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Well the players who aren’t available all played for Cocu last season at various times and we were still poo then so what’s your point? 

That we finished top 10 and had a decent shot of the playoffs with a few games to go whilst fielding 5 or so academy players most of the time?

And I think you’ll find Bielik missed the majority of the season? Sibley only came to the fore in the latter half and none of them were all available at the same time so I’m not quite sure what you’re getting at?

But yea, actually your probably right Derby = poo, Cocu = poo, everything poo. Sack the the lot of them I say. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Thought we looked OK to be honest. The striker issue still evident but we had our moments against one of the better sides in the league. A draw would have been a fair result IMO. Played some decent stuff at times and that without players like Sibley, Ibe, Jozwiak, Bielik and Waghorn. Took a worldie to split the teams in the end.

MOTM - Jason Knight again. Kid's a human dynamo.  

Tight but Watford the better side in the second half without creating a lot.

Two poo teams play poo match in second division. One moment of quality wins it for Watford.

Disappointed a bit, but not upset over it. The team knew what they were trying to do, worked hard at it, just lacked a bit of confidence and quality in the final third.

You can see getting Lawrence back is going to make us more of a threat, getting waghorn back will take the job of nine off Rooney who just can't do it anymore.

Yeah, we lost again so not going to go crazy but not going to get upset over it. Tonight was a symptom of not very goodness rather than any problem with the squad or manager.

Need waghorn back to play up front and Lawrence, Ibe, Jozwaik to create threat.

I have little to say about that game, it was pretty forgettable in every aspect. Defending was mostly fine albeit a few missteps from Evans who might have just lost his place in the team. Holmes put effort in but was also poor. 

We can properly criticise the attacking presence when we have actual wingers and strikers playing upfront rather than central midfielders like Knight and Holmes. 

Archived