Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rooney scores that 1 on 1 and we get a point id say thats a fair result. They had 1 shot on target and didnt deserve the win no more than we did. Waggy or CKR misses that 1 on 1 this forum would be in uproar with 50 new threads saying get rid of them.

Knight & Buchanan brilliant. Bird needs to learn to pass forward more, improved 2nd half though.

Not a great performance but at least more competitive & hard to beat - Cocu showing that he does have a plan B. Took a worldy for them to win tonight - draw would have been a fair result. No point getting rid of Cocu - no one out there who will do a better job with what we have. Get Waghorn, Lawrence, Jowziak, Ibe into that team & we have a completely different cutting edge. This season will be challenging but we wont go down - we dont have a divine right to be top 6. The money has gone & we as fans just need to suck it up for a while - get behind the lads & Cocu UTR

Just now, Jayram said:

Anyone playing up front in a Cocu team would look poo trying to work within the footballing philosophy he so doggedly sticks to. 

That's why I think Lawrence is going to be the one up front. Coming deep, creating space for the inside forwards to move into, whilst also having the ability to have shots.

Thought we were decent this evening. Lots of energy, nice interplay, plenty of press first half & looked very secure with a decent shape.

Rooney was much improved, worked really hard & tried to link things up. Reality is though we had precious little else to cause them problems...of course down to injuries. Knight (who I thought was immense in terms of workrate) & Holmes are centre midfielders and against a team as disciplined as Watford, it was never going to be enough.

Their winner was top quality. Nothing you can do about that but the takeaway is we're no longer easy to score against. Once the quality is added (Lawrence & Jozwiak), we'll start picking up results. Keep the faith

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The performance was ok. Not brilliant, but ok. We deserved a point, we more than matched Watford for the 90. It came down to the fine margins, Joao Pedro scores an absolute screamer and Rooney misses a 1 on 1 with the keeper, it could have been so different. We still aren't creating enough chances mind, but we were much more solid. 

You’re absolutely right. We just can’t expect to keep clean sheets every game. Cocu needs a bit of luck and our forward players back. Jozwiak, Lawrence, Waghorn and Ibe should all make a difference; how they gel possibly feeding off CKR will define us.

Its just grin and bear it, slightly hope for the best by keeping it tight right now; tonight it didn’t come off.

3 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Might be unpopular opinion but i actually thought that we played alright and better than previous performances. We could have created more. But at least we were going forward up until the end. We got beat by a moment of magic. I think we'll do alright when we have pleyers back 

Are you having a laugh played all right  ? first shot on goal 73mins ? 

It’s very concerning in the final 3rd, no ideas whatsoever, how long can we keep saying when such and such are fit etc we will be ok. It’s not just the personnel it’s the style of play. Why on earth are we buying players which are not going to be ready for months! Seasons gone by then. Worrying times!

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Which one wasn't a good chance: Rooney's or Holmes?

I'd say Holmes had a half chance. A pull back to the edge of the box with about 5 defenders in the penalty area and the keeper in a good position.

Rooney had a good chance and he missed it. All I'm saying is that strikers miss chances. We need to create more if we're going to score in games. 

Missing chances isn't our problem. That's far easier to fix. Our problem is we create the square root of duck all at the moment. 

1 minute ago, jcidaho said:

Remember your post, when Marriott gets a run of games and bangs them in for another club, and we look completely stupid. 

If that does happen, it doesn't mean it would happen here. Marriott just doesn't fit the formation. Good luck to him, but him starting this game wouldn't have made a difference. 

Archived