Bobby Duncan - Signed 3 year deal

BulloRams

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Seems to have learnt some lessons...

Screenshot_20200925-180212_Twitter.jpg

Great time to arrive. Should be in squad soon enough. Ibe, Duncan, Jozwiak. Potential upgrade is mouthwatering. We will see. Cocu has lit the blue touch paper but it will take till late November to fully go off. Another LB please. If Cocu says he is confident of getting a striker them I suspect that he knows who it will be and is waiting for it to happen.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Absolutely delighted we’ve got this one done. The lad has bags of talent, and the shenanigans that’s gone on in his career is a good thing for us, a) it’s the only reason he’s here b) you can see he’s now just itching to play football.

also don’t think you could pick a better mentor for him than Rooney, wouldn’t be a surprise if that heavily influenced the lads decision too.

Go so far as say perfect mentor. Many ways burst onto the scene earlier than Bobby, lived with hype and pressure, made mistakes like a lot of blokes do and now could be a role model to him judging by the comment at the end.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Rooney isn’t the making of this lad and young Bobby goes on to great things.

39 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Great time to arrive. Should be in squad soon enough. Ibe, Duncan, Jozwiak. Potential upgrade is mouthwatering. We will see. Cocu has lit the blue touch paper but it will take till late November to fully go off. Another LB please. If Cocu says he is confident of getting a striker them I suspect that he knows who it will be and is waiting for it to happen.

I think this signing will be very important...I'm hopeful its nearly done but think it might be a loan from the prem so might have to wait until last minute...not ideal but as long as its who Cocu wants..... I think the fact we haven't got them in yet says this player is indeed in contention in a premier league squad but will be let go on loan if they get who they are after and is probably not going to be a permanent signing unfortunately ....this does all point to Davis in my humble opinion 

Good stuff. Now, who is the striker we’re after to go straight into the first team. Can’t see it being the potential loan from Villa.  No other names being bandied about. I’m as patient as a saint when it comes to managers and results, but signings - I can’t stand the suspense and I demand all the players NOW!

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Good stuff. Now, who is the striker we’re after to go straight into the first team. Can’t see it being the potential loan from Villa.  No other names being bandied about. I’m as patient as a saint when it comes to managers and results, but signings - I can’t stand the suspense and I demand all the players NOW!

I wish it was a striker who hasn't been mentioned but such is the importance i think if this striker was readily available we'd have signed him by now...very important signing this one...fingers crossed

I think this really could prove to be an excellent signing. Low risk again, doesn’t work, easy to get rid of.

I’m quietly impressed by our business this summer on paper, just a case of making it work on the pitch now. It’s amazing what a set identity and consistent manager can do for you, isn’t it?

I also like the fact that we’re saying he’s for the U23s. He’s had his negative publicity before, last thing you want is to heap all the pressure on him the second he arrives. But he’s clearly an ambitious guy. I think he knows he won’t be spending the season in the development league otherwise why bother coming?

Play it down from the beginning, then sit back smiling when he’s scoring for fun this side of Christmas. Welcome to Derby!

For all the criticism of his previous actions/attitude (I know a few Liverpool season ticket holders), he is definitely no Zlatan. He just seems really young and more like a errant puppy than a snarling, jumped-up, ego-maniac. 

Really can't believe what a change there has been in our the transfer dealings this window. A front line striker and I really would be very very happy. 

1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

Jozwiak

Ibe

Duncan

Even Solomon and Ola Ibrahim...

I know our recruitment team often get slated but these are all great youngsters with massive upsides!

COYR ?

If they have more windows like we are having right now I think reputation will quickly dissipate. 

I think on the face of it's one of the best windows I can remember, we've gone about it with a much more intelligent approach. Targetted the right areas and brought in signings that are good value along with quietly picking some potentially very talented young players.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

With regards to a striker another Rasiak style signing would be the cherry on the cake. 

All the areas we have wanted looking at, keeper, centre half, wingers and up top the manager has really tried to address. 

Took Jim til November to get his team playing how he wanted then we took off. 

He was calm and well spoken and signed some players who I was unsure of or didn't rate. 

Matt Carbon and Ronnie Willens I'd never heard off and Van Der Laan I thought was wonk at Vale and he went on to be one of my all time favourite Rams player because he lead by example. 

Whether Cocu can do the same we wait to see but the players he has bought in have the potential the become a good side. 

We will see how good he and the backroom staff are now. 

With Bielik and the rest of the players he has bought in there is no way we can say its not his team now. 

Archived