Bobby Duncan - Signed 3 year deal

BulloRams

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I’ve just done some deeper digging of bobby Duncan. He’s small at 5”9 but has the bullish approach that waggy has and like tevez had. He has tremendous work rate and will press the back like. He’s also relatively quick not lightning fast like jozwiak but I’d say he’s probably as quick as marriott at least. He has quick feet and is good at dribbling and his passing range in unbelievable. Him and glatzel knew where eachother were 24/7. His positioning for a striker is off natural instinct which you can’t teach. He’s just in the right place at the right time and will score easy tap ins but he can also strike from distance. Mainly left footed it seems but can also use his right reasonably well and surprisingly for a small lad he can head a ball very well. His hold up play isn’t great but I’d say he’s a very good fit for the sort of interchanging system that we’re trying to play. He’s a younger quicker waghorn imo which is class. Every teams needs a player like him 

I agree with all you say but with the caveat that what we can see on video is him playing against kids. 

We still need to see whether he can do it in the championship where there's less time and space and a lot of physical defending. 

I think he probably can and will have fingers crossed for him when he makes his debut. 

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I agree with all you say but with the caveat that what we can see on video is him playing against kids. 

We still need to see whether he can do it in the championship where there's less time and space and a lot of physical defending. 

I think he probably can and will have fingers crossed for him when he makes his debut. 

Yeah it’ll be a tough adjustment for him but I think he has the right style to be able to cope with the championship. It’ll just take him time and patience but then he could be a real asset. Also depends on his mentality which has been questioned before. It’s a very low risk with potentially extremely high rewards. Love it

9 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Why are the transfers taking so long this season?? All of them have took weeks lol surely it dont take that long to sign a few papers and have a medical 

I just wonder whether the announcement about no fans has led to a reassessment of our financial position. 

According to Steve Nicholson fro the press conference:

Cocu: “It is up to last details, that is why we cannot announce anything or discuss any progress at the moment. He hasn’t played or trained for some time, either, so that has to be sorted. If it works out with Duncan in the end, I am happy to discuss and then talk about it.”

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I wonder what details there can posibly to sort out, and whether these are details with him or his current club? I don't want to be all grumpy or speculate too wildly, but you wouldn't think his contract would be particularly tricky. 

I also wonder this , surely they sit in a meeting room and can come to an agreement within an hour at most?? Then jts just the medical etc?

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I wonder what details there can posibly to sort out, and whether these are details with him or his current club? I don't want to be all grumpy or speculate too wildly, but you wouldn't think his contract would be particularly tricky. 

It'll be how to structure the deal with Fiorentina, as we won't want to pay a fee and they will want to get some money back for him, either now or in the future, for the £2m they paid to Liverpool.

I'd imagine it'll end up being a free transfer, with Fiorentina receiving the first £2m of any future sale, plus some sort of sell-on % above £2m.

Archived