Bobby Duncan - Signed 3 year deal

BulloRams

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly think this lad will be in the first team picture by Christmas. 

With Marriott and Waghorns contract up in the summer. He'll be one of the strikers next season too. 

Cocu took Marriott off today cos he wasn't impressed with his performance. 

He also said we should have a new player in this week.

Whether that is a left back or a striker who knows.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

With Marriott and Waghorns contract up in the summer. He'll be one of the strikers next season too. 

Both  i hope

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Live footage of Bobby Duncan after bradley Johnson second went in

image.gif.f479bdf2731a91a01ea390ed2e96ec5a.gif

Seeing Jack Marriott taken off at half time and not replaced with another striker probably excited him, though.

11 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Neither waghorn or marriott are in the managers long term plans. 

The team needs a centre forward who can hold the ball up so wide men and midfield can up into attacking positions or even beyond him to get in on goal. 

I know that was Chris Martin's game but he didn't want to stay for the deal he was offered then we have to move on and I was a big advocate of his. 

Whilst we also need to add another to the forward line we are desperate for some horse power in the centre of that midfield. 

Whilst I don't think we are looking for a central player what I do believe is that an awful lot is being placed on the shoulders of beilik to be the player who takes control of a game regularly. 

Cover the back four but also get the play going. 

He and a more physical forward are gonna be vital to how the team is set up. 

Can't play with width and pace without being able to stop the opposition midfield over running ours on the counter. 

Then there is the obvious lack of goals and how many we are conceding. 

I hate to say this so early in the season but the pressure is on the management and coaching staff to get the structure of this squad right. 

If we are in this position around Christmas the calls from fans will grow for him to go. 

A friend text me last night saying sack Cocu which I think would be a mistake. 

Can't allow a manager to dismantle a squad, rebuild it with young players then bin him.

He will get it right but its gonna be ugly for quite a  while as the team matures. 

At least the board can't moan about attendences being down due to how bad we're doing. 

No matter what we all are rams for life. 

1 hour ago, AmberRamber said:

Neither waghorn or marriott are in the managers long term plans. 

The team needs a centre forward who can hold the ball up so wide men and midfield can up into attacking positions or even beyond him to get in on goal. 

I know that was Chris Martin's game but he didn't want to stay for the deal he was offered then we have to move on and I was a big advocate of his. 

Whilst we also need to add another to the forward line we are desperate for some horse power in the centre of that midfield. 

Whilst I don't think we are looking for a central player what I do believe is that an awful lot is being placed on the shoulders of beilik to be the player who takes control of a game regularly. 

Cover the back four but also get the play going. 

He and a more physical forward are gonna be vital to how the team is set up. 

Can't play with width and pace without being able to stop the opposition midfield over running ours on the counter. 

Then there is the obvious lack of goals and how many we are conceding. 

I hate to say this so early in the season but the pressure is on the management and coaching staff to get the structure of this squad right. 

If we are in this position around Christmas the calls from fans will grow for him to go. 

A friend text me last night saying sack Cocu which I think would be a mistake. 

Can't allow a manager to dismantle a squad, rebuild it with young players then bin him.

He will get it right but its gonna be ugly for quite a  while as the team matures. 

At least the board can't moan about attendences being down due to how bad we're doing. 

No matter what we all are rams for life. 

They’ve started already! It was like this with Alex Ferguson at Man Utd for the first 4 years of his tenure at Utd.

36 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Sorry but this signing doesn't excite me at all. I've been hoping Cocu knew of a six foot plus centre forward, who would lead the attack and create the space for the likes of Lawrence, Ibe and Sibley to play in.

He is for the U23's ... Will be signing another forward for the first team.

23 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Cocu still has my support but that decision was completely indefensible. 

To be fair Marriott looked poor and not quite at it yesterday. Think he may have still had a problem with his ankle. He wasn’t chasing the cbs down like he normally does 

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Sorry but this signing doesn't excite me at all. I've been hoping Cocu knew of a six foot plus centre forward, who would lead the attack and create the space for the likes of Lawrence, Ibe and Sibley to play in.

Perhaps he does but he doesn’t sign the cheques all he can do is recommend players and maybe he’s done that ...Not  Cocus fault if we don’t sign who he wants 

12 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

To be fair Marriott looked poor and not quite at it yesterday. Think he may have still had a problem with his ankle. He wasn’t chasing the cbs down like he normally does 

My problem wasn't necessarily with him taking Marriott off (who knows, maybe they had a bust up at half time). My problem was with the decision not to replace him with Hector Ingram, the only other recognised striker we currently have available. 

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

My problem wasn't necessarily with him taking Marriott off (who knows, maybe they had a bust up at half time). My problem was with the decision not to replace him with Hector Ingram, the only other recognised striker we currently have available. 

Agree I thought JHI would’ve come on ....Evans looked better at CB than both Wisdom and MTW perhaps it was damage limitation who knows 

Archived