Luton v Derby Match Thread

Boycie

Some of the posts on here are laughable. We were so much better than last week and shouldn't have lost. We were full of attacking in the 2nd half, even though some posters think we just passed sideways in our own half.

Is everyone aware that only 2 games have gone? And we've got lots of injuries?

Unless you have a great season, you'll probably lose 2 games on the run a few times. 

I'm so scared about October too. We'll get smashed in every game against such high quality opposition. At least we have to play every team twice this time round though.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Silko said:

Well other teams have said we should get better we will improve as they got relegated and if this style of play is not for the championship it certainly isn’t for league one and with what would seem like more bad injury news we are in real trouble of plummeting to the lower leagues 

I agree, I think everyone will be injured for 5 years and we'll be below the Conference. Bad times.

Some further thoughts: 

Firstly Jozwiack's injury. I noticed that during treatment the trainer held Jozwiack's leg with both his hands just below the knee and gave his lower limb a jerk, as if the knee was somehow dislocated. or maybe trying to pop the cartilage back in. I live in hope!

Secondly, although only one or two have mentioned it, we have an endemic failure to press and harry the opposition. Our playing out from th back is always difficult because there are players snapping at our ankles all the time, and it tend to continue all over the pitch. By contrats we tend to stand off and watch the opposition play right through us. We've been doing it like this for years, and although we have employed the press ans harry, and it always works, we then ditch it and go back to passivity. It needs to change.

As does Max Bird's distribution. He looks a tremendous prospect, but almost never plays a forwards pass. I know he virtually never gives the ball away. and often keeps the ball moving, the first time he played forward today and we score!        HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

That was Jim Smith's first season.... we have had a full season of Cocu already, and how many straight losses does this loss add to?. The excuses you make for him  don't really explain what is happening. As for your instruction for us to "grow up "  - your just mardy and can't stand people who have a different opinion.

You can have as many different opinions has you like when you have a decent one let me know

Can’t deny that injuries are really hurting us. Any team would miss the likes of Bielik, Waghorn, Lawrence and Holmes. When they come in it’ll make all the difference, especially in possession. 

However we can’t overlook how poor our defending is. The players switch off too often. 

Personally I don’t think the manager is at fault for this as the problem has spanned quite a few managerial appointments. 

I think it’s more down to recruitment and it needs sorting. 

I thought Byrne looked like the best player on the pitch today. If he continues like that he’ll definitely be a great addition. We just need one on the left now. 

15 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Some further thoughts: 

Firstly Jozwiack's injury. I noticed that during treatment the trainer held Jozwiack's leg with both his hands just below the knee and gave his lower limb a jerk, as if the knee was somehow dislocated. or maybe trying to pop the cartilage back in. I live in hope!

Secondly, although only one or two have mentioned it, we have an endemic failure to press and harry the opposition. Our playing out from th back is always difficult because there are players snapping at our ankles all the time, and it tend to continue all over the pitch. By contrats we tend to stand off and watch the opposition play right through us. We've been doing it like this for years, and although we have employed the press ans harry, and it always works, we then ditch it and go back to passivity. It needs to change.

As does Max Bird's distribution. He looks a tremendous prospect, but almost never plays a forwards pass. I know he virtually never gives the ball away. and often keeps the ball moving, the first time he played forward today and we score!        HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

That’s an ACL check. If there’s movement in the direction he’s pulling the joint then there’s a good chance of ACL damage as the ligament should prevent excessive movement in that direction. 

I didn’t see this, so I’m hoping they didn’t feel any movement and moved on to other checks!

27 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Was with until the last bit, we had at chance to nick a point with Rooney, we lost due to 2 defensive rooster ups, other than that for me we did play well at times and could have won.

Still very early days, with a strike force that’s needs to be completed and have time to gel; with some of the injuries we’ve had, Cocu still hasn’t had any luck since joining us, one bum hand after another keeps hitting him but his signings look ok and he just needs time, something it seems a fair few don’t want to give him.

If Fozzy had of put that cross in and Jack nipped in and poked it in everyone would be saying what a good goal it was and not poor defending by them. Every time we concede a goal it always has to be someone’s fault. Manure conceded a goal from a cross in tonight’s game v Palarse....multi millionaire players can’t always stop crosses and those on the end of them....

Second half was a performance with a number of positives. We looked more balanced with Rooney deeper.

i believe 50% of the problems are personnel based. Look at the two new recruits who have added directness and aggression. These are the types of players Cocu wants. Not backwards and sideways crab ball merchants.

We desperately need to sort out the defending through, that second goal was a farce........what on earth were Clarke and Fozzy doing rushing to the centre of the goal to hold hands and giving the Luton player the freedom to pick his spot

Cocu needs to get a grip on this because the defensive shambles will ruin any positive gains he makes with the attacking side of the team!

please people we all need to chill. 

I am as fustrated as all but let's look at what we are doing here. 

a new striker looks likely and needed. 

we seem to be lookin at ibe and If that don't happen I sure there are other targets. the football today was better passing  forward making runs it will all come together.

ITS GOING TO TAKE TIME 

we have a lot of young players learning their trade. 

yes it hurts when we lose even more so in the 87th min

also Luton are no mugs not world beaters but a stable team. 

it will come keep the faith boys and girls 

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Second half was a performance with a number of positives. We looked more balanced with Rooney deeper.

i believe 50% of the problems are personnel based. Look at the two new recruits who have added directness and aggression. These are the types of players Cocu wants. Not backwards and sideways crab ball merchants.

We desperately need to sort out the defending through, that second goal was a farce........what on earth were Clarke and Fozzy doing rushing to the centre of the goal to hold hands and giving the Luton player the freedom to pick his spot

Cocu needs to get a grip on this because the defensive shambles will ruin any positive gains he makes with the attacking side of the team!

I agree cocu hasn’t been here long and these defensive problems are quite new, he should spend a bit of time on this area.  I am sorry but what the duck is he doing really?

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I’ve got a feeling in my stomach that we have become that child in the class who tries really hard and gets a special certificate at the end of the week for doing so.

The one that everyone feels a bit sorry for whilst the rest of the kids get real ones.

I've got a stash of them at the bottom of my wardrobe....

Why did you make me say that?Oh Wardrobe.!!!!

tenor-22.gif.769c89dcbf2470f6cfeee32b62066814.gif

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I agree cocu hasn’t been here long and these defensive problems are quite new, he should spend a bit of time on this area.  I am sorry but what the duck is he doing really?

I don’t have access to the training ground so couldn’t tell you. 

Having looked at that second goal again. I don’t think you can legislate for the complete mess Clarke makes of that (I thought Fozzy was at fault as well but I’d say it’s Clarke) he sees his left back ahead of him after tracking a player, so he goes and stands next to him in the centre of the goal leaving a gaping hole behind him.........not sure what you can do in training to change that specific defensive failure, it’s should be common sense to cover that back post/LB slot

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

I don’t have access to the training ground so couldn’t tell you 

What are you playing at? Get those binoculars and get down to the bushes. Amateur

Archived