Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

1 hour ago, jono said:

I like the lad, I think he has a cool head and some skill, I’d always thought he was being touted as a future No 9 ...but where he is now, he doesn’t look like a line leader. So are you saying he is becoming a winger rather than a CF ? 

I would like him as one of the front 3 in a 4-3-3 or coming inside from the left in a 4-2-3-1. Think he has a good left foot for cutting inside on and he always looked to get at people, get a ball in and get a shot off.

If he gets a little stronger and used to the pace of first team football, there is a player in there. He just looks a little lightweight at the moment. Need to get him on the programme Bale was on at Real Madrid.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Sorry, but why have a couple of posters now said this deal seems quite promising after Cocu says "I can't say if we're close - or if it's likely there's a deal". That statement seems to simply confirm that we are interested and Ibe has spoken to the club and is aware of our interest and likely terms.

Well if our interest has been confirmed, the player has spoken to Derby representatives and he's aware oh how much we can pay him, isn't that quite promising?

17 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I would like him as one of the front 3 in a 4-3-3 or coming inside from the left in a 4-2-3-1. Think he has a good left foot for cutting inside on and he always looked to get at people, get a ball in and get a shot off.

If he gets a little stronger and used to the pace of first team football, there is a player in there. He just looks a little lightweight at the moment. Need to get him on the programme Bale was on at Real Madrid.

Would that be the golf rounds and sitting on the bench (occasionally) programme?

12 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Well if our interest has been confirmed, the player has spoken to Derby representatives and he's aware oh how much we can pay him, isn't that quite promising?

My gut feeling is that we need to free up some money from wages so that we can sign him and match his wages 

7 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Cocu: “A player of such quality is an option, but I cannot say if we are close or not.”

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-transfers-live-new-4523399

With Jozwiak and hopefully this, should we be concerned about Cocu’s depth perception?

2 hours ago, jono said:

I like the lad, I think he has a cool head and some skill, I’d always thought he was being touted as a future No 9 ...but where he is now, he doesn’t look like a line leader. So are you saying he is becoming a winger rather than a CF ? 

He’s mostly played on the wing for the youth sides and only moved to CF with the U18s when Stretton was out for a prolonged period of time. 

1 minute ago, chewbacca said:

Wages off the bill...Anya, Huddlestone, Martin, Bennett, Malone, Bogle, Lowe replaced with Byrne, Jozwiak...I would imagine wages are in the green?

If we were way over budget before it might mean that although wages have gone off the books short term we cant put the back on long term.

If we are close to ffp or at risk of going over then the sensible thing to do is get rid of a couple of players on wages and not replace them like for like. An academy kid on way less will fill the squad short term until we strip the club back, get the dead wood fully out of here, fill any holes in our buckets and then look to build from a solid foundation.

It wont be pretty, it might look and feel drastic in the short and medium term, but I honestly feel we have to do it and wont be the only club who will.

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

My gut feeling is that we need to free up some money from wages so that we can sign him and match his wages 

How can he justify high wages when he’s done pretty much chuff all for four years? More likely to be given a low wage / incentive based deal, if this comes off

14 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think it'll improve marginally at Luton. Rooney back in midfield next to Bird and Sibley in his best position Infront of the CDMs. 

Front 3 of Knight, Marriott and Jozwiak. Should be a lot better.

Knight isn’t a winger in my opinion would rather have Whittaker there. Also Jozwiak prefers playing on the left which is where Knight has been playing 

A few clubs are sniffing around Ibe. In our favour is he knows the club and the brilliant facilities and that he played his best football when with us. He's lost his way but he's only 24 so it's more than possible he can regroup and recapture his earlier form and push on from there. Seems to me he's most likely to be able to do that where he's done it before than start from scratch elsewhere. He left Derby on a high. It was exciting to see his name on the team sheet and then on the pitch. He can come back and recapture that high. Football is so much about confidence.

Archived