Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

30 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I can only echo the sentiments of other posters are here. We are more than half way through September without having any credible forwards linked to coming into the club never mind actually bringing any players in.

Although we got the correct outcome with Jozwiak the entire process of him signing was protracted at the best.

I really hope that were not going to be doing another Jamie Paterson and settle for someone out of desperation and take the sheen of all the good work we've done with securing Jozwiaks services. 

Didn't he say he was aware of our interest back in December 2019? The delay has surely been down to the EFL & our soft embargo from January?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Didn't he say he was aware of our interest back in December 2019? The delay has surely been down to the EFL & our soft embargo from January?

That wasn't meant as a criticism for avoidance of doubt was making the point that negotiations can be protracted so we need to factor that in rather than find out a number of weeks later when we have put all of our eggs in one basket that the person isn't going to be coming and run out of time to acquire another credible alternative.

Am sure it's all in hand. We'll see. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I can only echo the sentiments of other posters are here. We are more than half way through September without having any credible forwards linked to coming into the club never mind actually bringing any players in.

Although we got the correct outcome with Jozwiak the entire process of him signing was protracted at the best.

I really hope that were not going to be doing another Jamie Paterson and settle for someone out of desperation and take the sheen of all the good work we've done with securing Jozwiaks services. 

Jamie Paterson would improve us massively.

58 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Dude - Everyone else has had month to work on this and we've had about 4 weeks - We were under a transfer embargo - Any conversations about buying players would have been laughed off by the selling club cos we couldn't guarantee when we could finalise and the players would have the same attitude - Especially if the player was valued enough that he might be sold to someone else instead

That plus in the last couple of years we've tried to keep transfers under wraps until the last minute - 'links' in recent years have mostly been agent-created newspaper talk on players we have no interest in and we're being used to try and drive a price up / get better wages for a guy signing somewhere else

We all know we need more creativity - We all know we'd like another striker - And from the comments so does Cocu - Have patience 

So the extra 2-3 days is the vital time when everything happens?

28 minutes ago, Jram said:

I guess not as much rush for Ibe as he surely wouldn’t start for a few weeks anyway given his lack of football 

That’s true. Was still kind of hoping for a striker in for the weekend but I believe any incoming have to be done by 12pm today for Saturday’s so will be Marriott up too again I imagine. Jozwiak on the left and knight on the right

7 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

That’s true. Was still kind of hoping for a striker in for the weekend but I believe any incoming have to be done by 12pm today for Saturday’s so will be Marriott up too again I imagine. Jozwiak on the left and knight on the right

I do like Knight but he doesn’t offer anything on the wing other than basically being a second full back 

Id start Whittaker tbh, I didn’t watch Preston but was impressed with his intent against Reading

Archived