Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Been saying this season after season 

to the point I was genuinely disappointed Gary snarky rowett Left, not because i was a fan of his football but because I believe we craved stability in order to succeed for the very reasons uv stated 

the same applies to cocu, not a fan of his football, but I’m firmly behind him in the name of stability 

I kind of think that Cocu is a clement mark 2 with a bit more charisma. He knows the game and has his way of how it can be played successfully. They need time, willing players and some talent from those players. It didn’t work for Clement. I am not sure he was a leader of men or commanded the level of respect a manager needs. I think Cocu might have the necessary skills. I like the way he presents himself and his record as a player and a manager is a pretty good one. 

One thing for sure .. whether he has or he hasn’t got “it” ... he needs at the very minimum a full season, I hampered by embargoes and general poo to show us what he’s got. Unless we are in the bottom 3 ( because with our comparative resources we should never be - regardless of who is at the helm ) then I am right behind him. 

5 hours ago, KBB said:

Agree 100%

We also need a change from the fans thinking we need to sign 5 or 6 players every season.

Only have to look on here and see people demanding we sign multiple wingers and strikers, new full backs and defenders plus attacking midfielders.

It's a disease within our fan base and probably other clubs fans too. There seems to be a mentality that to show ambition and move forwards as a club you have to keep signing players and turning over the squad. No wonder we waste money have had bloated squad stacked in certain positions.

If in doubt chuck a load of money at it seems to be a hard cycle to break 

Yep and then give them three games to perform Or they’re not very good and out, 

5 hours ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Absolutely agree. I was thinking a few days ago that if cocu lasts the season it must be the first time we’ve had the same manager for 2 full season since Clough. It’s about time we had some stability!

The problem is a lot of fans over react to a few bad performances and or results , paint themselves into a corner and remain wanting the manager gone no matter what then go on lurk mode until a few poor results prove them right ?

1 hour ago, Archied said:

The problem is a lot of fans over react to a few bad performances and or results , paint themselves into a corner and remain wanting the manager gone no matter what then go on lurk mode until a few poor results prove them right ?

Yep. I'm going to adopt a new approach this season and instead of rising to the bait I'm just going to kill them with kindness. Honestly!

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I genuinely feel this signing would be a coup, regardless of Ibe’s recent history. I remember being thrilled when we signed Wisdom, and he’s now maturing into a great player (prior to being attacked). Hope Ibe can settle and grow with us. 

Was gutted when Liverpool recalled him...big question is has he still got that pace and threat in him ?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Was gutted when Liverpool recalled him...big question is has he still got that pace and threat in him ?

I think if he’s lost any pace, he’d have replaced with power/strength as his body matured. Not sure of his injury record, but don’t recall him having any thigh, hamstring or calf muscle strains or tears. 

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I genuinely feel this signing would be a coup, regardless of Ibe’s recent history. I remember being thrilled when we signed Wisdom, and he’s now maturing into a great player (prior to being attacked). Hope Ibe can settle and grow with us. 

There's a lot of parallels with Wisdom, a talent who came to us on loan and massively improved looking great in our team, before going elsewhere from Liverpool and not developing as expected and hoped. 

Wisdom needed some time to get back to the player he can be when he first returned, and I hope fans have the realism and patience to give Ibe time to get back used to playing consistently and being an important player (rather than a last throw of the dice) when he plays, even if he's starting as a rotation player 

20 hours ago, Big Trav said:

His son got bullied when we lost. He got a lot of stick. They’re still a Derby supporting family tho 

I doubt it was Derby fans that bullied his lad to be fair, probably the numpty kids I see turning up to DCFC organised kids training sessions in Chelsea shirts and the like when you know they have never even been to a game. No time for it.

54 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I love the abuse Steve Nicholson gets. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. He proper deserves it.

People are scum.

It is infuriating reading Twitter, Nicholson is a man in his 50s, I'm guessing a married man, a father, potential grand father, all guesses, but he is being abused by kids, people who attack him at every moment possible because he doesnt have any inside info about signings. That isnt his fault and he still has a job to, a very difficult one.

He has made it clear on Twitter that it does affect him, horrible to think he could be lying in bed going to sleep thinking about the last nasty tweet he read.

I think if 2020 has proven 1 thing, it is that there are some absolute 42 carrot bankers in this world.

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It is infuriating reading Twitter, Nicholson is a man in his 50s, I'm guessing a married man, a father, potential grand father, all guesses, but he is being abused by kids, people who attack him at every moment possible because he doesnt have any inside info about signings. That isnt his fault and he still has a job to, a very difficult one.

He has made it clear on Twitter that it does affect him, horrible to think he could be lying in bed going to sleep thinking about the last nasty tweet he read.

I think if 2020 has proven 1 thing, it is that there are some absolute 42 carrot bankers in this world.

I think the bankers call it free speech.

Archived