Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

I’ve arrived late to this thread so not very glued up on where things stand regarding Ibe and why Lawrence might go.

however, if Lawrence was sold for 8m let’s say, could Vydra be a replacement for the number 10 role. 3 behind the striker would be Jozwiak - Vydra - Ibe? Add to that a big striker like Lammers from PSV infront of them that front 4 would be amazing.

play Bielik and Bird/Rooney I’m behind and we have a good team. Sibley can rotate with Vydra? 

I’ll have whatever you’re sniffing 

I’ve arrived late to this thread so not very glued up on where things stand regarding Ibe and why Lawrence might go.

however, if Lawrence was sold for 8m let’s say, could Vydra be a replacement for the number 10 role. 3 behind the striker would be Jozwiak - Vydra - Ibe? Add to that a big striker like Lammers from PSV infront of them that front 4 would be amazing.

play Bielik and Bird/Rooney I’m behind and we have a good team. Sibley can rotate with Vydra? 

How about another from Poland called Bostik.

You pritt

1 hour ago, Ramslaar said:

Might be the right time then while we can still get a good fee.he has only scored 22 in 106 games.thats poor for a winger of his ability.but I guess better than we have. Personally I'd have ibe over Lawrence.

Works out as 9/10 goals a season plus a few assists. Ibe’s best goal scoring season yielded just 5, when he was on loan with us 6 seasons ago. 
Signing Ibe as a replacement for Lawrence would be a big risk. Cocu has talked about having competition in every position. Having 4 options such as Lawrence, Jozwiak, Ibe and Whittaker makes sense as they will have to put in a performance to stay in the team (think back to Mac I). If we were to sell Lawrence that competitive battle between the wingers is gone... unless Cocu wants to keep Knight on the wing as well. 

1 hour ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Then gave him about 10 minutes over both playoff semi finals ?‍♂️ 

Not much worse than Bennett starting for us at Wembley. 

At least with Bennett both Waghorn and Marriott were carrying injuries whilst Vydra was as fit as a fiddle having scored 20 plus goals? 

22 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I really hope there is no thought of shifting out Lawrence.. Easily our most talented player would be great to see him play with the new guys coming in. 

We had two players who were likely targets of other clubs Lawrence and Bogle who we could get decent money for. Bogle has gone and Lawrence might be at his peak ( well he hasn’t got any better) so any serious offers need looking at in this covid new world of football finance 

Archived