Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

12 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

That’s true. Was still kind of hoping for a striker in for the weekend but I believe any incoming have to be done by 12pm today for Saturday’s so will be Marriott up too again I imagine. Jozwiak on the left and knight on the right

It is 12pm tomorrow for any signing to be available for Saturday. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh with how Cocu has talked about signings in the past I was half expecting an Ibe announcement to come out of the club 5 minutes after the press conference ? 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Tbh with how Cocu has talked about signings in the past I was half expecting an Ibe announcement to come out of the club 5 minutes after the press conference ? 

In a weird way I like it. We seem to be more business like all round.

less razzmatazz, and headline fodder. I can’t help feeling that the high fees we seem to have paid in the past weren’t helped by lose tongues. 

26 minutes ago, Jram said:

I do like Knight but he doesn’t offer anything on the wing other than basically being a second full back 

Id start Whittaker tbh, I didn’t watch Preston but was impressed with his intent against Reading

Agree. Neither are natural wingers obviously. Think nights been really impressive there playing out of position, always puts a shift in. Decent with the ball and a good goal return for a cm playing on the wing. Either would be a good fill in until we have a proper right winger!

48 minutes ago, rynny said:

It is 12pm tomorrow for any signing to be available for Saturday. 

Oh fair do’s. I thought it I saw someone else on here mention has to be midday 2 days before the game. Still time at that rate but doubt we’ll see any more incoming before the weekend at this point. In time to play on Saturday that is. Be very happy to be wrong though

20 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Slightly off topic (seems to be a common theme on this forum) but a few people have mentioned knight starting On the wing. With how consistently he has produced out of position, isn’t it time to give him a go down the middle where he prefers? 

When e have two proper wide player available I will be all for it

6 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I’d start Whittaker personally

I like the lad, I think he has a cool head and some skill, I’d always thought he was being touted as a future No 9 ...but where he is now, he doesn’t look like a line leader. So are you saying he is becoming a winger rather than a CF ? 

1 minute ago, jono said:

I like the lad, I think he has a cool head and some skill, I’d always thought he was being touted as a future No 9 ...but where he is now, he doesn’t look like a line leader. So are you saying he is becoming a winger rather than a CF ? 

At this minute in time .... he’s not ready imo 

bags of potential but still very raw and it’s not fair on the lad throwing him into a side that is struggling /shot shy/ can’t create where that responsibility would fall on his very rookie shoulders 

9 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't think Lawrence will be sold, cocu said that we need 'competition for places' so it's likely we're bringing in a couple more forward players and only letting one go, jozefzoon.

I don't want Lawrence to be sold because I think he's still a good player and scores but....he is one of the joiners arms lot who are slowly being dismantled! Most involved have now gone except Lawrence

Sorry, but why have a couple of posters now said this deal seems quite promising after Cocu says "I can't say if we're close - or if it's likely there's a deal". That statement seems to simply confirm that we are interested and Ibe has spoken to the club and is aware of our interest and likely terms.

Archived