Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want a shining example of how hateful and pointless many of the human species really are, Twatter is your ticket. DET is not a great source of info these days but I welcome the more discrete way we go about our business now. That's the trade off. Unfortunately there's a gazillion utter spoons out there that think the entire planet is simply here to serve their interests and it gets worse and worse as times goes by.

These idiots could just swerve Steve's feed but they'd rather lurk and stalk in the hope they get to spit some bile at the man and make themselves feel less inadequate in the process. I'd wager almost all of those calling him out are 'followers'. It's a ducking disease with no known cure but whilst I think they bring shame on the club, we should remember that every club has the same issue these days and it's not just football that brings these insects into the light.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It is infuriating reading Twitter, Nicholson is a man in his 50s, I'm guessing a married man, a father, potential grand father, all guesses, but he is being abused by kids, people who attack him at every moment possible because he doesnt have any inside info about signings. That isnt his fault and he still has a job to, a very difficult one.

He has made it clear on Twitter that it does affect him, horrible to think he could be lying in bed going to sleep thinking about the last nasty tweet he read.

I think if 2020 has proven 1 thing, it is that there are some absolute 42 carrot bankers in this think we need to look closer to home to. . . 

think we also need to look closer to home. . . 

Post something on this forum that goes against the general grain of consensus or criticise the manager / team in a way that people don’t like and watch the obnoxious / holier than thou / don’t know what you’re talking about comments come flyIng in 

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Post something on this forum that goes against the general grain of consensus or criticise the manager / team in a way that people don’t like and watch the obnoxious / holier than thou / don’t know what you’re talking about comments come flyIng in 

Christ alive, how precious are you? You post what you want pal but expect others to do likewise. That's how forums work. 

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Sure if there’s been any abuse it could be reported and would be dealt with by the moderating team

With the greatest respect people disagreeing with one another is what this forum thrives on

3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Christ alive, how precious are you? You post what you want pal but expect others to do likewise. That's how forums work. 

and there we go.

This post is a perfect example, I’ve posted an opinion, no less than five minutes later I’m now being called “precious” because you don’t agree with me.

My whole point is that there is a way of articulating a response to disagreeing with an opinion that doesn’t resort to name calling or trying to belittle someone 

“pal” 

9 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Sure if there’s been any abuse it could be reported and would be dealt with by the moderating team

With the greatest respect people disagreeing with one another is what this forum thrives on

I didn’t mention abuse, abuse is totally different and should not be tolerated in the slightest, which from how I’ve seen this forum moderated is done extremely well. 

im talking about the way people interact on with one another on here, i agree the whole point of this forum is to post differing opinions and explain individual rationale 

some posters cant / won’t articulate that in a respectful way and sometimes it comes across as down right aggressive / belittling 

it’s fine to disagree, just don’t be a **** about it, life’s to short 

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

and there we go.

This post is a perfect example, I’ve posted an opinion, no less than five minutes later I’m now being called “precious” because you don’t agree with me.

My whole point is that there is a way of articulating a response to disagreeing with an opinion that doesn’t resort to name calling or trying to belittle someone 

“pal” 

16 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Yeah, ok pal ?

3 hours ago, Derbados said:

and there we go.

“pal” 

Obnoxious and holier than thou is not name calling?  Don't go there, if you don't want some

3 minutes ago, ramit said:

Obnoxious and holier than thou is not name calling?  Don't go there, if you don't want some

The funniest thing is he clearly had no idea what I was on about ? I think irony in his household must be something he uses to get the creases out of his shirts.

7 hours ago, Derbados said:

I didn’t mention abuse, abuse is totally different and should not be tolerated in the slightest, which from how I’ve seen this forum moderated is done extremely well. 

im talking about the way people interact on with one another on here, i agree the whole point of this forum is to post differing opinions and explain individual rationale 

some posters cant / won’t articulate that in a respectful way and sometimes it comes across as down right aggressive / belittling 

it’s fine to disagree, just don’t be a **** about it, life’s to short 

I have enormous sympathy for Nicholson as its his job to post information and so he has little option.

But people on here post personal opinion of their own free will, and do so hidden behind a presumed identity that is often entirely fictional. 

I do agree with you sometimes people overstep the mark (and I will occasionally post to say that) and some people are more unnecessarily sarcastic /cutting than others. But that's totally personal taste and its up to the individual to make decisions to that effect. Everyone will have their own level /idea on what constitutes retort, banter, joking, teasing.. and as well as the option to find another forum, you can just not post, use the report button or the ignore button. People on here who do get upset, generally have been quite contentious themselves and get called out in response and don't like it. 

Anyway, as for Ibe..!! I do think his time here is remembered a little more fondly than truly deserved. That said, if he is the same player he is exactly what we need. My recall is that he was direct and confident on the ball. He had that spark and ability to do something to ignite the team and break down rigid defences. At the time I wasn't 100% he was truly Premier League quality though and felt he wouldn't score enough goals and his final ball was sometimes lacking (ever the same for those who don't make it). If you watched Zaha yesterday you can see how important someone who drives and commits players is and he has come good maybe Ibe can similarly fulfil his potential still. Definitely worth a gamble but he is definitely that. 

4 hours ago, ramit said:

Of course it is if it’s directed at someone! did I direct it at anybody or make a general statement, two completely different things

unbelievable

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

The funniest thing is he clearly had no idea what I was on about ? I think irony in his household must be something he uses to get the creases out of his shirts.

you clearly have no understanding of how your posts come across and if you’re like this face to face then I feel sorry for you 

lets Just agree to disagree and move on 

10 hours ago, Derbados said:

Not the experience I've had. My opinions are quite often against the norm and rarely those are even challenged. 

Maybe it's more about the way people introduce their opinions? Don't know if that's the case. 

Archived