Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Players must fail medicals sometimes.

Old injury not healed right, CV to far off to get back to pro level, underlying issue detected.

No idea if that's the Ibe situation, personally I think he probably wants too much in wages.

If he isn't willing to put his wages down after his last 5/6 years then he's not the type of person for the club imo 

1 hour ago, jake the ram said:

Just heard rumour,from a very good source Ibe failed his medical.??????

Who's the very good source?

The only good sources are people who hear things directly out of the club. When it's passed down the line there's too often opinions in it

And then there are just people that are attention seeking. 

No idea if Ibe will sign or not but I would have thought negotiating a contract can take time. Especially if a player has other offers he can use that to counter propose a better deal and get closer to what he wants

That's why I don't really get the concern that he didn't sign the day after being linked with him. Talking through clubs, agents and over emails isn't a 5 minute job. 

Likewise with a medical. IF a player isn't in the best shape the clubs don't automatically say no. They can talk about fitness programs and give feedback etc. If he's carrying a knock then it can take more than 5 minutes to assess the injury. 

There's so much that can go on. Even more so with a player thats free. Imagine the offers Ibe has had. I bet he's been flooded with invites to have look around and talk with a coach. Everyone can afford him until the point his agent names a price. And Ibe isn't sure of what he can get. 

Would think a club like Derby would be up there but I doubt any player actually does "jumped at the chance as soon as I heard they wanted to sign me"

I will say though that if Lawrence and waggy wont be back anytime soon the need for another wideman is more pressing. 

Hoping new lad starts tomorrow as he may be able to pull the team further up the pitch.  Back on Ibe if he was the marque signing many are plugging then how come he is still without a club? Aged 24 and on a free teams teams should be banging at his door. Dont be suprised if managers are tapping up Eddy Howe and are being put off. Hopefully im wrong but looling outside in something is amiss

10 hours ago, chewbacca said:

Wages off the bill...Anya, Huddlestone, Martin, Bennett, Malone, Bogle, Lowe replaced with Byrne, Jozwiak...I would imagine wages are in the green?

Our wages were so much higher than revenues we were making massive annusl losses.  It's not just the transfer fees we've wasted, wages have been massively out of control. 

Getting rid of high wage earners reduces the annual loss we make.   We won't just fill up again with more players on high wages.  

I personally don't want Ibe on anything other than a pay as you play deal.  He's not shown anything for a couple of years.  Rather have someone who is raw but with massive desire from a lower league

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'm more concerned that the only names still around are Ibe and Zohore....I'm panicking that the scouting unit have packed up their maps and laptops, cancelled their Opta subscriptions and are winding down having done their couple of weeks work for the year thinking "job done".......?

Cocu said in his presser we are looking in this country and abroad got a striker, so that would infer to me that he is looking at Prem loans and cheap deals overseas.

As has been the way with the club over the past couple years, we don’t hear about our targets until a move has been made. I wager the next winger and striker we sign we will hear we have had a bid/terms accepted the day before we sign them.

I trust cocu to bring in the right players.

6 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Our wages were so much higher than revenues we were making massive annusl losses.  It's not just the transfer fees we've wasted, wages have been massively out of control. 

Getting rid of high wage earners reduces the annual loss we make.   We won't just fill up again with more players on high wages.  

I personally don't want Ibe on anything other than a pay as you play deal.  He's not shown anything for a couple of years.  Rather have someone who is raw but with massive desire from a lower league

Someone nicking our hemmorhoid cream?

9 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Just as an aside .. I wonder how much of a players wage is “basic” ... plus comission .. games played, assists. Goals scored, win bonus etc etc ? 

People talk about wages but what is better....

...Jozwiak for £4m and £15k a week, or

...Ibe for no fee and £35k a week

Over four years the outlay is the same. I'm not claiming those are the actual numbers, but you get my point.

I always thought that about Ravanelli. He was on big wages but cost no fee - and he was a 'top flight' striker with an almost one-in-three goal scoring record in a poor team. I actually thought he was OK value.

Archived