Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, falconram said:

Good signing if it happens, impressed last time around and I'm sure folks would see him as a step up for Bennett or Zoon,give him a chance, he's 24 not 34

My first reaction to the rumour was that we’ve got rid of Bennett and replaced him with Ibe and I’m good with that, assuming it happens.

23 minutes ago, David said:

Contributed just 45 minutes last season, have a day off ?

It’s a “team” game....if they had won the league as sure as eggs come out of a chickens behind he would have been after getting a medal for It.!! 

(you do know i think if jt happens It is an amazing signing don’t you?)

Whilst very excited at the prospect of signing, I do think many here are guilty of over-hyping Ibe’s impact when here on loan. He was just about beginning to be effective when recalled. He was a kid though. 

I reckon with a good coach and support, he could still have a great career. 

I’m hoping he becomes another Adama Traore. 

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I can see this being a season long deal with an option for 2 more if he impresses.  If he impresses a lot , leaves him free and easy to move elsewhere.  If not we lose a years wage and he signs for Bognor. If he's ok, might get the additional years as he's better than what we've  got .  Worth a punt.

Loan from who? He doesnt have a club

12 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Read last 2 pages and didn’t feel that way.

As you were then, all good, everyone happy.

Just read the two pages before your reply. Jourdan is the only poster being negative about it, and then there's Muespach being Muespach by arguing every single point literally (don't even know what he thinks about Ibe himself).

Literally every opinion post outside of those two is in favour of him coming, and it's a similar pattern in the other 18 pages of this thread. As I said, there's been very little negativity surrounding this.

Edit: @MuespachRam just said he thinks it will be an amazing signing. So @Jourdan is the only one I can recall being against it.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

That would maybe the case if Ibe were 28/29 but he's 24 and hasn't really had a proper playing career in the division above to consider a move to Derby as a downward step.

There are plenty of examples of players not working out at clubs & then needing a fresh move to invigorate their careers. Martin for example had gone up with Norwich, barely got picked thereafter & ended up with us as a punt on a free transfer - similar age incidentally & stayed for 7 years.

Don't disagree Ibe is a gamble but all transfers are gambles. He's young, talented & has played well here previously - if the deal is sensible, I think its a shrewd move.

Yes yes and yes.

i really hope this happens. There is no doubt at all that Ibe can play in the championship. He did very well for us as an 18 year old and now has what, 4/5 years experience under his belt. ? Despite his flaws he used to light the place up when he came on as a sub whilst on loan. People talk about “impact subs” with a casual regard .. either it’s a young player or old sage and for lots of reasons .. but for us Ibe always made an impact. I don’t know for sure if he will be a Abu Camara flattering to deceive, or something better.  .. I know for sure that he can beat a man, has real flair and since I saw Christians Ronaldo in His first united appearance I haven’t seen a player make opponents look so lumpen as they tried to stop him. .. I know there will be some who laugh at the comparison, and yeah .. he isn’t Ronaldo by a long way, but he could be a Ronaldo in the Championship.. oh and he’s free and he is 23 ...... remind me what we payed for Johnson, Anya, Butterfield and Blackman ? 

this is zero risk and very exciting ..

PS .. as you’ll gather from the above, I am a bit of an Ibe groupie. ?

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Literally every opinion post outside of those two is in favour of him coming, and it's a similar pattern in the other 18 pages of this thread. As I said, there's been very little negativity surrounding this.

So @Jourdan is the only one I can recall being against it.

I am not against it, in principle. We obviously need wingers, a striker and a central midfielder.

I am just a bit wary. Unlike Norwich, Brentford, Watford amongst others, we don’t have very much margin for error.

If you weigh up our recent luck in the transfer market, our financial situation, Ibe’s career trajectory, and the way the team is playing currently, it looks like a recipe for disaster.

It is a massive risk to pin our hopes on a player that needs nursing back to his former self. After all it could be weeks or months before Ibe even gets match fit and gets to grips with Cocuball, when really the team needs a shot in the arm now.

Are you confident that Cocu is up to the task of rebuilding Ibe’s confidence and turning his career around?

It seems a tall order to me. The existing group are not exactly brimming with confidence or looking particularly responsive to his methods. Few goals, few chances, very few signs of intent.

The entire squad looks shot of confidence, coherence, quality and intent, how will adding an already confidence-ridden and struggling Ibe help?

It looks like another Dowell episode in the making - another talented player that comes to the club with a huge burden of expectation and never delivers on their promise.

I’ll be glad to be wrong. But not much we have touched in recent years has turned to gold. Our hot streak was 7-8 years ago.

31 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am not against it, in principle. We obviously need wingers, a striker and a central midfielder.

I am just a bit wary. Unlike Norwich, Brentford, Watford amongst others, we don’t have very much margin for error.

If you weigh up our recent luck in the transfer market, our financial situation, Ibe’s career trajectory, and the way the team is playing currently, it looks like a recipe for disaster.

It is a massive risk to pin our hopes on a player that needs nursing back to his former self. After all it could be weeks or months before Ibe even gets match fit and gets to grips with Cocuball, when really the team needs a shot in the arm now.

Are you confident that Cocu is up to the task of rebuilding Ibe’s confidence and turning his career around?

It seems a tall order to me. The existing group are not exactly brimming with confidence or looking particularly responsive to his methods. Few goals, few chances, very few signs of intent.

The entire squad looks shot of confidence, coherence, quality and intent, how will adding an already confidence-ridden and struggling Ibe help?

It looks like another Dowell episode in the making - another talented player that comes to the club with a huge burden of expectation and never delivers on their promise.

I’ll be glad to be wrong. But not much we have touched in recent years has turned to gold. Our hot streak was 7-8 years ago.

Cheer up

37 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

But we are not “ pinning our hopes “ on Ibe we are getting another Polish international winger and hopefully another forward as well . So pressure should be off him 

37 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

B stand wrist slasher as pessimistic Derby fans were called at the Baseball Ground. 

Moaning fans are the reason I won't go to matches anymore. 

One wrong pass from anyone and its shouts of "get him off" 

So to summarise Cocu is rubbish ibe is shot to pieces..... Christ alive I wish I'd not read this post. 

Used to love watching football now its all just criticise. 

And now the defensive rebuttal will no doubt be winging itself my way. 

3 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

B stand wrist slasher as pessimistic Derby fans were called at the Baseball Ground. 

Moaning fans are the reason I won't go to matches anymore. 

One wrong pass from anyone and its shouts of "get him off" 

So to summarise Cocu is rubbish ibe is shot to pieces..... Christ alive I wish I'd not read this post. 

Used to love watching football now its all just criticise. 

And now the defensive rebuttal will no doubt be winging itself my way. 

Bloody hell it's just a opinion on a forum calm yourself down. 

Archived