Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

4 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

B stand wrist slasher as pessimistic Derby fans were called at the Baseball Ground. 

Moaning fans are the reason I won't go to matches anymore. 

One wrong pass from anyone and its shouts of "get him off" 

So to summarise Cocu is rubbish ibe is shot to pieces..... Christ alive I wish I'd not read this post. 

Used to love watching football now its all just criticise. 

And now the defensive rebuttal will no doubt be winging itself my way. 

My only gripe is the football is a boring watch. Win or lose football should be exciting...not pass pass pass along the back four.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DRBee said:

You take yourself far too seriously. What makes you think you have the right to challenge  people in this way? It says far more about your own insecurities. Just cos people have different views to yourself doesn't mean they are not Derby supporters

And who are you to tell me I take myself so seriously ????perhaos you’re taking yourself far too seriously lol  I have no insecurities pal just don’t get why people moan like duck all of the time ...if football or DCFC makes you that unhappy ...go shopping or something or mow the lawn or do something else and your opinion about a conversation that wasn’t about you means nothing to me mate and I was referring to Jourdan 

5 minutes ago, S8TY said:

And who are you to tell me I take myself so seriously ????perhaos you’re taking yourself far too seriously lol  I have no insecurities pal just don’t get why people moan like duck all of the time ...if football or DCFC makes you that unhappy ...go shopping or something or mow the lawn or do something else and your opinion about a conversation that wasn’t about you means nothing to me mate and I was referring to Jourdan 

You tell him mate.

This is a happy forum, for happy people, there's no room for people like that here.

43 minutes ago, S8TY said:

...if football or DCFC makes you that unhappy ...go shopping or something or mow the lawn

I did mow the lawn earlier but found out that I have an underlying couch grass problem that is stifling the overseeding I did in the spring and also allowing too much moss to grow through the unpropagated soil bed. I tried scarifying but all it seems to have done is tear away the healthy shoots and laid more soil bare for weed infestation. I'm torn between feeding with a nitrogen heavy autumn feed or ripping the whole lawn up and laying turf, even though it is so late to be considering such an apparently reckless option.

It's really quite depressing, far more concerning to me than the speed at which Derby County play the ball out from the back.

23 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I did mow the lawn earlier but found out that I have an underlying couch grass problem that is stifling the overseeding I did in the spring and also allowing too much moss to grow through the unpropagated soil bed. I tried scarifying but all it seems to have done is tear away the healthy shoots and laid more soil bare for weed infestation. I'm torn between feeding with a nitrogen heavy autumn feed or ripping the whole lawn up and laying turf, even though it is so late to be considering such an apparently reckless option.

It's really quite depressing, far more concerning to me than the speed at which Derby County play the ball out from the back.

Tear it up. Couch grass is very stubborn and loves temperature over 30 degrees.  Not much of a problem till the last few years but it is now. My front lawn has been destroyed over the last three years by yarrow, essentially because the council haven't done the job they should which is keep the verges cut regular and most importantly pick up the stuff when it's cut. Also check your grass for crane fly-daddy long legs- if you have a lot of soil areas appearing their activity could be the problem.  I now have a 2k re turfing job for the spring. Not sure why my council tax goes up 8 quid a month year on year. The council are also oblivious that yarrow  is dangerous to animals and human skin - it's everywhere.

39 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Tear it up. Couch grass is very stubborn and loves temperature over 30 degrees.  Not much of a problem till the last few years but it is now. My front lawn has been destroyed over the last three years by yarrow, essentially because the council haven't done the job they should which is keep the verges cut regular and most importantly pick up the stuff when it's cut. Also check your grass for crane fly-daddy long legs- if you have a lot of soil areas appearing their activity could be the problem.  I now have a 2k re turfing job for the spring. Not sure why my council tax goes up 8 quid a month year on year. The council are also oblivious that yarrow  is dangerous to animals and human skin - it's everywhere.

This is more like it. I feel a sense of peace and well-being coming over me after struggling to keep up with everybody shouting the odds. More please.

I have a problem with scorched patches of dead grass because of dog urine. Have either of you come across a reliable solution to this problem?

9 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

This is more like it. I feel a sense of peace and well-being coming over me after struggling to keep up with everybody shouting the odds. More please.

I have a problem with scorched patches of dead grass because of dog urine. Have either of you come across a reliable solution to this problem?

I'm afraid with that it's taking it back to the soil if it's properly scorched by removing the grass and about one centimetre of soil and repairing with top soil and grass seed.  Leave it open and water thorough for a week to clear out anything left before you reseed. If it's just partially damaged watering it daily and avoiding any doggy wee should allow it to recover. If your dog finds a fresh spot to pee, wash it in straight away as dog pee contains a lot of nitrogen that causes the burn left sitting and it may actually help the lawn-  weird I know.

Failing that cut a flap through the fence into the neighbours garden and retain the grandeur of yours by sending the issue elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

5 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

IIt's really quite depressing, far more concerning to me than the speed at which Derby County play the ball out from the back.. 

I can't believe you didn't answer the obvious questions..which happens quicker and is less disappointing/frustrating, your grass growing or Derby playing out from the back? 

6 hours ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I was told a few years back that a small dollop of Tommy sauce on the dog's food every meal time solves the problem. Didn't try it but it may be worth a go. 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You are right on the daddy long legs larvae but we've had a couple of woodpeckers living in the back garden this year and they love to patrol the lawn so I guess they are looking for little beauties like these at half the price of any treatment. Thank you muchly for the other advice, I think this clearly messages to the mods the need for a gardening thread for all of us to come and gain access to the pearls of wisdom that are amongst all the Chris Martin lovers or Tom Lawrence haters or Cocu evangelists or Keogh grievers.

4 minutes ago, Topram said:

Does it sound like it’s not as close as it’s been made out?

I'm not buying it as nailed on tbh - it's got lazy journalism (or at least significant journalistic exaggeration) written all over it.

I actually think it would be a good 'punt' - remember he was good enough for Rogers to recall him to Liverpool and when we played Chelsea in the 3rd round (back when we thought we actually might get promoted at some point) it felt like a good chance to see whether we could stand up to a top flight team. For me, on that day, only Ibe and Hughes showed that ability.

But it's a strange one. Cocu is here in his second season, he's got experience of playing in two leagues, must have hundreds of managers in his contact book. Yet the one he goes for is a player that was here four or five managers ago and he has likely never seen play. Then I go back to last season and see that he took Paterson and Dowell on loan when I would have thought he would be bursting with names and ideas of young players from the continent. And when I say 'he' I mean the whole Dutch contingent. 

So, in conclusion, if it's true I'd be OK with it but I'd also be a bit worried on exactly how Cocu was directing our recruitment strategy.

28 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I'm not buying it as nailed on tbh - it's got lazy journalism (or at least significant journalistic exaggeration) written all over it.

I actually think it would be a good 'punt' - remember he was good enough for Rogers to recall him to Liverpool and when we played Chelsea in the 3rd round (back when we thought we actually might get promoted at some point) it felt like a good chance to see whether we could stand up to a top flight team. For me, on that day, only Ibe and Hughes showed that ability.

But it's a strange one. Cocu is here in his second season, he's got experience of playing in two leagues, must have hundreds of managers in his contact book. Yet the one he goes for is a player that was here four or five managers ago and he has likely never seen play. Then I go back to last season and see that he took Paterson and Dowell on loan when I would have thought he would be bursting with names and ideas of young players from the continent. And when I say 'he' I mean the whole Dutch contingent. 

So, in conclusion, if it's true I'd be OK with it but I'd also be a bit worried on exactly how Cocu was directing our recruitment strategy.

I get where you're coming from, but the other way of looking at it is:

1. He is a proven force in the Championship.

2. He's certainly got the potential to play in the Premier League, which is, of course, our aspriation.

3. He's available on a free.

4. He's only 24.

I know it's a lazy argument, but if you search transfermarkt for free transfers, he's the joint 4th "highest value" forward available, and the only one in the top 10 below the age of 29. In fact, he makes the top 10 of all free agents in terms of market value.

I know their market value isn't exactly... perfect... but it's a decent guide.

Sign him up.

Is it not a case of Cocu goes to the scouting department (I know) saying what sort of player he wants and they suggest possible targets who fit that description.

36 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Archived