Jordon Ibe - Signed on a 2 year deal

S8TY

3 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Since this is the Ibe thread - if this was a swap deal does it improve the team? I think it does, Holmes has nowhere near the ability of Ibe. 

Swap deal? 

I would imagine the 'out' which people are referring to would be Josefzoon rather than Holmes - Or one of the youngsters out on loan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

Isn't that exactly what we need right now? We've got a million-and-one tidy passers but next to no-one who can aggressively advance play into the final third. 

I'd rather see an attacker try and do something dangerous and lose the ball, than constantly play the safe pass backwards and retain possession. As I say, we've been good at keeping the ball but not so good at being dangerous with it- Jozwiak and hopefully Ibe will help with that.

This^
Lets complain about negative backwards football.

Lets also complain that we’re looking at a winger who’s got history of running at the opposition, but sometimes loses the ball.

image.gif.ec9c8fd7e0e880d549bebc095324c0a0.gif

6 minutes ago, Topram said:

If this deal doesn’t happen till Josefzoon is gone then let’s hope a team that haven’t watched him play come in for him

I find it strange Ibe came in yesterday if we have to wait for one to leave before we can sign him. In the world of Covid, I would be surprised if he came purely for talks, these could be done over the net etc. If he truly did come to Derby yesterday than I would guess it was for a medical and maybe do photos etc at same time as Jozwiak, just my guess.

If we are having to wait for Jozefzoon to leave, I think itd be quicker to stare at a slice of bread and wait for it to turn to toast.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I find it strange Ibe came in yesterday if we have to wait for one to leave before we can sign him. In the world of Covid, I would be surprised if he came purely for talks, these could be done over the net etc. If he truly did come to Derby yesterday than I would guess it was for a medical and maybe do photos etc at same time as Jozwiak, just my guess.

If we are having to wait for Jozefzoon to leave, I think itd be quicker to stare at a slice of bread and wait for it to turn to toast.

Did he really come in though? 

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Did he really come in though? 

Couple of reputable (ish) sources indicated he was and bbc Derby said Derby are in talks so it’s likely that there is truth in it - whether that means he was at moor farm yesterday or not. 

With him being a free transfer I’d be surprised this deal would have to wait on others leaving, especially with Lowe and bogle being sold only last week.  

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

Couple of reputable (ish) sources indicated he was and bbc Derby said Derby are in talks so it’s likely that there is truth in it - whether that means he was at moor farm yesterday or not. 

With him being a free transfer I’d be surprised this deal would have to wait on others leaving, especially with Lowe and bogle being sold only last week.  

There's still the wages to pay.

Maybe Ibe's demands are such that we need to raise extra cash.

Maybe it depends on how much we have to pay for a CF.

5 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Likely to be wages talks. Now it is in the public domain it.majes sense for One to see if any other team to rush in with a better offer.  Martin and Hudd's did that.

14 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Im not saying there isn’t anything in it, yesterday I doubted it because it was first reported by football insider then as the day progressed it seemed as if it was just a matter of time but it’s been very quiet since and nothing to suggest it’s very close

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

Im not saying there isn’t anything in it, yesterday I doubted it because it was first reported by football insider then as the day progressed it seemed as if it was just a matter of time but it’s been very quiet since and nothing to suggest it’s very close

I do agree the silence does suggest things arent quite as advanced as we thought yesterday.

But then there isnt any set rule on when Derby will announce something, it was a very early announcement for Jozwiak today, what's to say Ibe isnt the same tomorrow, or even Friday, a real good way to generate excitement for the game Saturday.

40 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It is hot here today !!

24 minutes ago, Topram said:

With the sheer volume of dcfc tweets and Instagram posts about jozwiak today  - if he was there I’m suprised he didn’t end up in the background ha!! 

49 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Where has this idea of having move out more wages before we sign anyone else come from?

The telegraph today.  Cocu apparently gave that inclination when asked about Ibe

Derby County have not dismissed reports that Jordon Ibe is a target but there might need to be outgoings before the former Liverpool winger can be added to the squad.

That was what Rams boss Phillip Cocu hinted at when he was asked about Ibe after last night's Carabao Cup tie against Preston North End.

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

The telegraph today.  Cocu apparently gave that inclination when asked about Ibe

Derby County have not dismissed reports that Jordon Ibe is a target but there might need to be outgoings before the former Liverpool winger can be added to the squad.

That was what Rams boss Phillip Cocu hinted at when he was asked about Ibe after last night's Carabao Cup tie against Preston North End.

Emmmm.............reading the article and listening to his post match interviews yesterday I didn't get that feeling. I think he is very cautious about revealing information and tends to be very conservative in his views. For instance he was still saying we "may" get someone in within 24hours some time after the new lad was having his photos taken.

Archived