Save The EFL - Enough is Enough

Day

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could be worth getting involved with. The 5 principles they are after look sound.

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/category/sustain-the-game/

Heard one of the people behind it talk about it on a podcast the other day. I didn't see any Derby Fan group on there when I quickly scrolled through it.

Think that this forum, along with the club could be a powerful voice. 

52 minutes ago, David said:

Why would we be interested in hurting clubs, that makes no sense and cannot be the only way.

Nor is this about the owners, this is about us, the fans, fans that reach beyond forums. We have had many petitions posted on this forum over the years that had no impact on us personally yet we have signed, You are being naive to think that many fans are not ready to stand up against this organisation rivalry aside.

I think this post from the Wednesday forum nails it for me. 

"I don't really care about whatever it is Derby were charged with, or their guilt or innocence. It is simply ludicrous that the Championship is 'governed' in this way."

So a fan of another team sees that it is not seemingly even about the rights and wrongs of the case any more.. that just serves to make it even more ridiculous. Backing from other fans isn't going to be universal, far from it, but there clearly is some support out there. Does anyone have contact with any folk running other forums ? Some will be a waste of time of course but maybe start with some more sympathetic clubs ? See if perhaps it is something that they feel might get good support and see what can be done in a more collective manner ? Derby fans getting irate about this farce is probably just noise to the EFL. This would need multi-club support even if it's not universal.

Would be interesting to hear what other teams forums have to say to get a feel for whether this all seems as absurd to them as it does to us. They don't even necessarily need to agree with our financial tactics were sound, they just need to feel that the EFL is a shambles and be prepared to say so in numbers.

Any person to whom I could send an email to EFL to tell them they are incompetent ar**holes with inadequate potty training?

I'm sure if the EFL morons know they are the laughing stock, let's say, in Scandinavia, they realise just how powerful they are.

2 hours ago, Cisse said:

Any person to whom I could send an email to EFL to tell them they are incompetent ar**holes with inadequate potty training?

I'm sure if the EFL morons know they are the laughing stock, let's say, in Scandinavia, they realise just how powerful they are.

we need to start a petition people we need backing from the club/clubs 

Think we would need clarity in what we are attempting to achieve. 

'Frig the EFL' is probably not much of a rallying call. 

There is a link above kinda 'Protect our clubs' which is more what I would envisage. A supporters trust that aims to protect clubs from persecution from the EFL around strangling investment in your club (which would garner support from maybe Wigan, Sheff W, Brum.. maybe Bournemouth, QPR etc) and then around the lack of support when you really need it (maybe clubs on the edge of financial meltdown Bury, Wimbledon, Coventry, Blackpool etc). 

Needs a name, a goal, a head/spokesman and clear tactics. Whether that would be making tshirts, badges, getting stories in the local press at first, flying a plane over the ground whilst on Sky. Then when there is a bit of momentum, creating links with these other clubs to jump on the back of any initial interest we created. Once there is a bit of profile you could get on Talksport, Sky News to discuss how the EFL is failing clubs in financial hardship. 

Maybe going onto other club forums like Coventry and Blackpool would be helpful to find out how they started their fan groups initially. 

We need to team up with other clubs fans starting with the ones that will be more open to joining forces...eg Charlton,Wigan,Sheff Weds ,Bury, Coventry, etc 

If the EFL lose this appeal which I'm not sure they will, is it fair for us to be trying to work within an organisation which seems to want revenge and seem hell bent on making something stick....but we have no choice.....somehow I cannot see the EFL losing this appeal or they have nowhere to go and will be open to all sorts of retribution from us through the courts.....at the end of the day the EFL have a duty to clubs to help make sure they can continue...the organisation is not all about trying to catch teams out they should be trying to help clubs...eg Bury FC ....if we were on our knees financially then i can see why the EFL would be concerned for our welfare but we've just had a 30m input and they should be encouraging organisations to put money into the game!! we don't have the riches that the prem clubs receive ffs

Totally agree its time for change before more clubs end up like Wigan and more so Bury.

However, the EFL don't care about fans or our individual opinions.  As David said we need to come together as a collective, make clubs realise fans are not happy and more so get the Media involved to help bring change.

In my opinion the first place to start would be a petition calling for the immediate resignation of Rick Parry and the restructure of the EFL with an independent chairman and board of directors.  If this is refused the petition should call for a breakaway league (Premier League 2).  The EFL and more so our club(s) need to know that we as fans are prepared to withstand the effects of leaving the EFL and the potential problems it would cause for the chance to have a better future with proper governance and a league board solely for the benefit of its clubs.

To further show our solidarity as a fan base protests should be held on specific dates at all club grounds, the only way to really bring change is the involvement of the media and bringing bad press upon the EFL.

#voteleave #EFLXIT 

It is difficult because if it was Forest in our shoes we would be loving every minute of it.

Clearly something needs to change though, you either trust the mechanisms in place or you dont, or you keep pushing until you succeed which seems to be the EFL approach.

As far as a petition is concerned I have a feeling that most other clubs fans in the championship will not be bothered to support us as they will not have a real understanding of the issues. Basically they probably see us as trying to get away with cheating.

Sadly I don't think there is much we as fans can do unless there is a groundswell of discontent from the EFL clubs themselves. Mel will probably want to keep his powder dry until after the hearing like last time. If/when we win I imagine all guns will be turned onto the EFL.

UTR

9 hours ago, David said:

Why would we be interested in hurting clubs, that makes no sense and cannot be the only way.

Nor is this about the owners, this is about us, the fans, fans that reach beyond forums. We have had many petitions posted on this forum over the years that had no impact on us personally yet we have signed, You are being naive to think that many fans are not ready to stand up against this organisation rivalry aside.

I fully agree with David that something, at least, needs to be done to embarrass these fools. 

The EFL are showing their incompetence and should be concentrating on working to help member clubs through there awful times. This affects ALL supporters of every club.

How about contacting TalkSport with a view to seeking Simon Jordans views/advice. He is anti EFL and has been very vocal in his support of Mel. It would be very interesting to hear what he has to say.

11 hours ago, David said:

Relationship that has broke down as Mel stood against the EFL to fight for a better deal for ALL clubs, let's not forget that. 

Other club fans have painted him as the villain, whilst all the time he was fighting to realise all 72 clubs collective worth, it's time to get. behind Mel, show the EFL he is not alone.

Sorry mate but I think Morris has made us a target for the ire of the EFL and has aggravated things with his pronouncements at times. He should have done things the right way behind closed doors instead of gobbling off in the media about it. 

14 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Sorry mate but I think Morris has made us a target for the ire of the EFL and has aggravated things with his pronouncements at times. He should have done things the right way behind closed doors instead of gobbling off in the media about it. 

Mel painted a target on his back when he felt the abysmal TV deal the EFL agreed to wasn't good enough. This was done behind closed doors, but was leaked to the media

Archived