Save The EFL - Enough is Enough

David

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

First they came for Birmingham, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Blue.

Then they came for Wigan, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Latic.

Then they came for Sheffield Wednesday, and I did not speak out - because I was not an Owl.

Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak for me.

I think adapting that quote is a bit much.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

The one thing I think needs to be pointed out in any sort of open letter/correspondence is that in a global pandemic when many small clubs will end up on the brink or even go under, that the EFL have decided to persue this rather than putting measures in to help safeguard those that it represents.

Hear, hear.

"Lets reorganise the deck chairs  ........"

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

First they came for Birmingham, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Blue.

Then they came for Wigan, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Latic.

Then they came for Sheffield Wednesday, and I did not speak out - because I was not an Owl.

Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak for me.

That’s the way it’s going. The only clubs that seem to back us, or took enjoyment from us destroying the EFL in court before are they clubs that have suffered at the hands of the EFL already.

Those laughing at us will continue to do so until it’s their turn to suffer.

It's a good and correct thought. I'd suggest involving other fans forums is a way to go.

The suggestion about a petition is a pretty good one. There are lots of sites, but the parliamentary one is the best as that mandates action at different thresholds. When I look at the petitions on there, they're normally appallingly drafted so I'd say care should be taken to be clear, accurate and (as was suggested) make the point that Covid has caused a national financial crisis that has seriously impacted the clubs and the EFL's actions are harming clubs rather than supporting them.

David is right that the football community is what counts and we do have more power than we realize. The EFL just hopes that fans never actually organize.

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's a good and correct thought. I'd suggest involving other fans forums is a way to go.

The suggestion about a petition is a pretty good one. There are lots of sites, but the parliamentary one is the best as that mandates action at different thresholds. When I look at the petitions on there, they're normally appallingly drafted so I'd say care should be taken to be clear, accurate and (as was suggested) make the point that Covid has caused a national financial crisis that has seriously impacted the clubs and the EFL's actions are harming clubs rather than supporting them.

David is right that the football community is what counts and we do have more power than we realize. The EFL just hopes that fans never actually organize.

Other forums is a good idea, however I’d probably wait until the appeal is dealt with. It might gather more support if it doesn’t just look like a reaction to the EFL appealing against us.

Winning the appeal, but still wanting action to be taken would seem a lot more genuine to those on the outside imo.

1 minute ago, David said:

Boycotting games only hurts the clubs, that is not an option, I do agree there will be fans that have no issues on how the Football League is run, however, the more voices that can be heard can be found further up the Football League and I' m sure we are not alone. 

Hurting the clubs may be the only way for the 72 to see the fans are not happy,however the majority of fans will be. There will also be clubs that have no issues on how the FL is being run,sorry but that's the truth. I don't recall the owners/CEO's of the other 71 clubs rallying to MM's defence during our investigation by the EFL. How many voices do you expect to be heard, the very vast majority of fans are not members of forums and fans of other clubs via their forums wouldn't be in the least bit interested,however if it had been the team along the A52 or the A50 and their forum admin suggested something like this would the vast majority of DCFC fans give their suppor,t of course they wouldn't,not our team,doesn't concern us attitude, some would have laughed and said it serves them right

There is also no comparison whatsoever between raising money for the community in times of need and excellent it was too but what you are proposing is like chalk and cheese. As i said, it is up to the clubs to demand change if they are not happy.

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

That is only if it concerns the government or government bodies, i wouldn't imagine it would get parliamentary time as the clubs would be told to enter discussions with the EFL. 

4 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Hurting the clubs may be the only way for the 72 to see the fans are not happy,however the majority of fans will be. There will also be clubs that have no issues on how the FL is being run,sorry but that's the truth. I don't recall the owners/CEO's of the other 71 clubs rallying to MM's defence during our investigation by the EFL. How many voices do you expect to be heard, the very vast majority of fans are not members of forums and fans of other clubs via their forums wouldn't be in the least bit interested,however if it had been the team along the A52 or the A50 and their forum admin suggested something like this would the vast majority of DCFC fans give their suppor,t of course they wouldn't,not our team,doesn't concern us attitude, some would have laughed and said it serves them right

There is also no comparison whatsoever between raising money for the community in times of need and excellent it was too but what you are proposing is like chalk and cheese. As i said, it is up to the clubs to demand change if they are not happy.

Why would we be interested in hurting clubs, that makes no sense and cannot be the only way.

Nor is this about the owners, this is about us, the fans, fans that reach beyond forums. We have had many petitions posted on this forum over the years that had no impact on us personally yet we have signed, You are being naive to think that many fans are not ready to stand up against this organisation rivalry aside.

The year is 2041, the nuclear winter that followed the China-India-Pakistn atomic exchange has started to disperse and humanity is starting to awake to to the post apocolytic environment that it must survive in, news breaks across the peoples of the world, such that have survived the devistation, "EFL bring new charges in relation to Derby County's accounting practices"

1 minute ago, David said:

Why would we be interested in hurting clubs, that makes no sense and cannot be the only way.

Nor is this about the owners, this is about us, the fans, fans that reach beyond forums. We have had many petitions posted on this forum over the years that had no impact on us personally yet we have signed, You are being naive to think that many fans are not ready to stand up against this organisation rivalry aside.

i agree with you and not having a go or anything but 1st off the fans would have to get the 72 clubs or the majority of the 72 on side. I am not the one being naive. Whatever you are proposing can only be brought about by clubs enforcing changes.. When you purchase a ticket that is a contract between you and the club not between you and the EFL .If you don't like the organisation that the club is a member of then you complain to the club.The best plan of attack, so to speak, is for fans to complain to their clubs, you would then have a clearer picture of what fans/clubs of the 72 really think You may be being naive if you think that the majority of supporters are ready to stand up. What they say they would do and what they actually do are different things. 

30 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The year is 2041, the nuclear winter that followed the China-India-Pakistn atomic exchange has started to disperse and humanity is starting to awake to to the post apocolytic environment that it must survive in, news breaks across the peoples of the world, such that have survived the devistation, "EFL bring new charges in relation to Derby County's accounting practices"

I think by 2041, they'll just be sending a Gibson shaped cyborg back to 2014 to try and eradicate there Morris problem before it starts.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

That is only if it concerns the government or government bodies, i wouldn't imagine it would get parliamentary time as the clubs would be told to enter discussions with the EFL. 

There are few things more important to voters than football. As was demonstrated when Brighton fans took over the council if I recall when the council hadn't helped with their ground problems. If there were enough votes MPs would be sure to apply pressure to the EFL. Obviously we're a million miles away from that, but this is why I think it is the most effective forum should there be a petition.

Archived