Save The EFL - Enough is Enough

David

19 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

In all seriousness and with a view to having all the facts and constructing a decent argument what exactly have they done wrong.

When I say done wrong i mean

1) Where have they acted illegally or outside their own set of rules

2) What is it they do that is immoral and just feels wrong

3) Have they at any point applied double standards

Although I cannot abide them I cannot see anything which they have done that really hits any of those three things above (believe me I would like to)

I still think that the major problem is with FFP or P&S as I think it is fundamentally flawed in what it is trying to do which I think is help football clubs remain a sustainable organisation. What it actually does is limit money coming into the game and then risk clubs sustainability by penalising/fining clubs.

Is it not the main problem is that they are doing their best to enforce a ludicrous set of rules/laws

I apologise if this post is not jumping on the bandwagon to scream out "Duck the EFL" but I am aware that I might not be in possession of all the facts and I like to be in a strong position when forming my views.

Any help or enlightenment will be gratefully received

Thanks 

Off the top of my head...

• Have they done their best to get the best commercial deals for their clubs?
  • Allowing dodgy owners to take over clubs, with some of those clubs going in to admin just months, or even weeks later.
  • Could they have spent their money more wisely? Pursuing a case against us when it could have been settled much quicker, privately and cheaper
  • Their response to the Covid situation - where most of Europe quickly responded with guidance or even easing FFP/P&S requirements, the EFL dilly-dallied, and still came out with a poor response.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, David said:

It's time for action against the EFL, without fans football is nothing.

It's time for fans across the Football League to unite and show the EFL how unhappy we are, this isn't just about us, it's about the 72 clubs in this league being run by an organisation that is quite simply not fit for purpose. 

We can sing duck the EFL every week but it will fall on deaf ears, this needs to go further, this needs action where the EFL will sit up and take notice and listen to fans concerns as it can't continue.

They are ruining football as we know it.

Derby, Birmingham, Bury, Charlton, Wigan, Sheff Wed, Macclesfield.

It's time for a change, time for our voices to be truly heard and demand change, let's use this platform, the community we have built to stand against this organisation and work with other clubs to bring that change.

At a time where clubs are suffering financially, the clubs we love, make history not for the wrong reasons but for the good, let's come together now and make a difference.

I could not say it better my self but also need make clear tp them we want back into grounds.

24 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Off the top of my head...

• Have they done their best to get the best commercial deals for their clubs?
  • Allowing dodgy owners to take over clubs, with some of those clubs going in to admin just months, or even weeks later.
  • Could they have spent their money more wisely? Pursuing a case against us when it could have been settled much quicker, privately and cheaper
  • Their response to the Covid situation - where most of Europe quickly responded with guidance or even easing FFP/P&S requirements, the EFL dilly-dallied, and still came out with a poor response.

Thanks

Valid points but only number 2 falls in my 3 categories of wrongdoing 

The rest however do display incompetance 

Might it not be an idea to wait to see the result of this appeal so we as fans and the club, don’t come across all woe is me.

Should the EFL lose, the proposal of no confidence in the EFL that is put to other fans may convince doubters at other clubs this is not a self interest thing but a genuine concern that the game at our current level is not being run in the best interests of all clubs in the football league. 

I work with a Middlesbrough fan, and he’s a good bloke but he hates DCFC because he’s convinced we cheated the system, I explained about the offer to scrutinise our books, not having it. Then there’s the chap on the Bristol City forum, convinced Mel is the devil incarnate, and where does he get his information from ? Well he’s bigging  up Matt Hughes of the Daily Mail the other day, so I rest my case. I fear there’s a lot of ill will being directed at our club from various quarters and while I believe what’s being proposed by the OP is noble and just, I wonder if he might be flogging a dead horse.

Mud sticks and all that. (A reasonable enough reason for Mel to sue the swines when this is done and dusted incidentally, he and the club have acted with dignity and clarity throughout this charade only to have his character assassinated by ill informed halfwits and a governing body trying to save face)

GO GET ‘EM MEL.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Scrap parachute payments and the clubs promoted to the PL may not spend as much, making the PL less competitive overall.

Back in May Evening Standard ran an article on it. 

The competitive environment that limits revenue by preventing free media sale by Individual clubs , punishes cash  investment but allows wages to sky rocket. The EFL and ThePL  via Ill thought out rules have made the championship a betting shop for junkies run by pay day loan sharks. And woe betide any owner who stands up to them. 

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Might it not be an idea to wait to see the result of this appeal so we as fans and the club, don’t come across all woe is me.

Should the EFL lose, the proposal of no confidence in the EFL that is put to other fans may convince doubters at other clubs this is not a self interest thing but a genuine concern that the game at our current level is not being run in the best interests of all clubs in the football league. 

I work with a Middlesbrough fan, and he’s a good bloke but he hates DCFC because he’s convinced we cheated the system, I explained about the offer to scrutinise our books, not having it. Then there’s the chap on the Bristol City forum, convinced Mel is the devil incarnate, and where does he get his information from ? Well he’s bigging  up Matt Hughes of the Daily Mail the other day, so I rest my case. I fear there’s a lot of ill will being directed at our club from various quarters and while I believe what’s being proposed by the OP is noble and just, I wonder if he might be flogging a dead horse.

Mud sticks and all that. (A reasonable enough reason for Mel to sue the swines when this is done and dusted incidentally, he and the club have acted with dignity and clarity throughout this charade only to have his character assassinated by ill informed halfwits and a governing body trying to save face)

GO GET ‘EM MEL.

I work with a Forest fan who also understands accounts. He can't see what we have done wrong and thinks the EFL are bang out of order on this.

He hates Derby.

Slightly off topic but I hope the EFL's decision to appeal against their own panel's verdict and in the face of what seems overwhelming evidence, finally sees Derby sue them for vindictive prosecution damaging our club and preventing possible promotion to the Prem. And that, in turn, this sees the other clubs step in and prevent the appeal and radically overhaul the EFL at the same time. Rather than be on the hook for tens of millions of pounds in potential damages.

It beats me, why other Championship forums fans can't see how badly run the EFL is. They should be concerned that the EFL are putting in a lot of effort to derail Derby and at what cost. They must have footed the bill for an independant board to sit and work out whether their charges were lawful. Now they want to spend more money on having an appeal. If they've got much money to waste, I doubt. And that guy from the Daily Mail, Matt Hughes, stirring the pot and making comments that the EFL should appeal. His he on Gibson's payroll, his he a Forest fan. He certainly does'nt have any love for the Rams.

Presumably the EFL board sanctions the appeal. And the board is mostly club representatives.

The EFL has announced its club representatives on the EFL Board ahead of the 2019/20 season.

Club representation on the EFL Board comprises three Directors from the Sky Bet Championship, two Directors from Sky Bet League One and one Director from Sky Bet League Two, each selected by the 24 clubs in their respective divisions.

Derby County Chief Executive, Stephen Pearce, has been appointed as a Championship Club Director to join fellow representatives, Reading Chief Executive, Nigel Howe, and Bristol City Chief Executive, Mark Ashton.

Fleetwood Town Chief Executive, Steven Curwood, and Burton Albion’s Non-Executive Director, Jez Moxey, are the League One Club Directors, whilst Carlisle United Director of External Affairs, John Nixon, has been re-elected to serve as the League Two representative.

The League representatives will be joined on the EFL Board by EFL Executive Chair, Debbie Jevans CBE and Independent Non-Executive Director, Simon Bazelgette.

21 hours ago, David said:

Going by the tribunal comments it’s clear that Mel feels targeted, possibly over his vocal displeasure, although Steve Gibson has a lot to answer for threatening to sue the EFL if they didn’t take action.

We also somehow upset Kieran Maguire enough to write into the EFL to question our accounts.

It’s all a little bizarre really, as I mentioned when Mel has gone against the EFL it’s to get a fairer deal for all clubs, not just us, so it really would be interesting to know what rattled Gibson and Maguire.

I think the problem in football generally and especially at Championship level is that every club is in it for themselves so if an opportunity arises to do the legs of a serious rival they will go for it. The desperation and greed to make it to the Premier League is grotesque and distorts rational thought. Gibson is the cheerleader for a group of clubs who obviously have it in for us and yet he has pulled off similar financial manouveres himself. I just want DCFC to keep the moral high ground and not get embroiled in a war of words with the EFL because I think we will win the appeal anyway. 

On 07/09/2020 at 21:42, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

How can fans force a change? What mechanisms are in place to do it? I'm all for it, I just have no idea where to start. 

Absolutely right, that's because people in England are rubbish at protesting to change specific injusticstable laws and organisations (unless you can actually vote on it which rarely happens).

My two pennies would be at every opportunity chant, tweet, blog etc then repeat...

E..F..L - Go to Hell

E..F..L - Go to Hell

E..F..L - Go to Hell

Example: 

Probably look good on the back of a DCFC shirt instead of your name.

Archived