Save The EFL - Enough is Enough

David

14 minutes ago, David said:

No link, just a topic to throw suggestions out there for our voices to be heard, enough is enough.

Let's use this platform and community to make a difference.

Very well put! What do you have in mind ? I’m sure we can all do something as a community as you have rightly said 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

Open to suggestions, but as I say enough is enough. 72 Clubs in the EFL, thousands of fans than cannot be happy with how this organisation is being run. It's time for a change, if we can use this platform to spearhead any campaign for change then let's do it. 

Look at the dart players of the 1990s, they were unhappy with the organisation (BDO), took action, forced real change, the BDO is now dead.

Its possible, but I think the clubs are the only ones who can force change, they need to unite as one.

The idea of this topic was to come together as one, I do not have the answers, I am just one voice that has had enough with the EFL, clearly I am not alone, and if we can combine our voices and use this platform to bring other fans together to voice our displeasure we can make a difference I am sure of it.

I just know that my voice, by itself is nothing, it needs us all us a fanbase to unite and bring other fans on board to let our collective voices be heard.

We came together recently to raise a lot of money to put food on the table for those without, now it's time to come together to save the EFL.

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The only way is a petition IMO but you need to get other clubs fans to back it. 

Middlesbrough won’t for 1 

Whilst Middlesbrough may not be keen to get behind any initiative we instigate they will definitely be pished off with the EFL right now. Especially after their bungled attempt at nailing us. 

I think that anyone who may have access to Mel should get an off the record confidential view on the best way (if there is believed to be one) the fans of Derby (and others) can help bring about change.

Then, any member with such access could suggest it as their idea in this thread which hopefully will be supported by the rest of us.

We will ultimately have to mend our fences and establish a better working relationship With the EFL. I get the impression that the real problem was getting into conflict and allowing those relationships to break down in the first place.

I don’t see why any club wouldn’t be willing to unite against the EFL.

They may not agree with ways certain clubs go about things, such as us, but can they not see the EFL going from club to club, either trying to harm them in any way possible, or cause their demise through sheer negligence?

Clubs like Boro might be in the EFL’s side in cases like this, but what happens if they find themselves in a tricky situation in a couple years time? Are the EFL going to stick up for them and protect them? Highly unlikely. Any club could be the next Wigan, or Blackpool, or Bury. Why sit around and let a bunch of buffoons in suits sleepwalk towards catastrophe without you even realising yet?

The way they set themselves up against us should be enough of a warning sign for anybody, let alone their previous incidents. The organisation couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag and I see no way in which any club or owner could believe they’re capable to continue to govern 72 professional football clubs.

Just now, RamNut said:

We will ultimately have to mend our fences and establish a better working relationship With the EFL. I get the impression that the real problem was getting into conflict and allowing those relationships to break down in the first place.

Relationship that has broke down as Mel stood against the EFL to fight for a better deal for ALL clubs, let's not forget that. 

Other club fans have painted him as the villain, whilst all the time he was fighting to realise all 72 clubs collective worth, it's time to get. behind Mel, show the EFL he is not alone.

Whenever anything like this happens to a club, the fans of all their rival clubs pile in to have a laugh at their expense.

Even some of the clubs do likewise as they know it potentially weakens a rival.

The EFL relies on this happening as it prevents an organised and collective response. 

I suppose our initial allies are therefore fans of other clubs who have recently suffered at the hands of the EFL - Birmingham, Sheff Weds, maybe Wigan (although our troubles are small ones compared to theirs.) 

But I don't know enough about how to even contemplate starting a dialogue about this - and also whether doing it in the middle of an appeal would have the potential to damage my club further. 

28 minutes ago, David said:

It's time for action against the EFL, without fans football is nothing.

It's time for fans across the Football League to unite and show the EFL how unhappy we are, this isn't just about us, it's about the 72 clubs in this league being run by an organisation that is quite simply not fit for purpose. 

We can sing duck the EFL every week but it will fall on deaf ears, this needs to go further, this needs action where the EFL will sit up and take notice and listen to fans concerns as it can't continue.

They are ruining football as we know it.

Derby, Birmingham, Bury, Charlton, Wigan, Sheff Wed, Macclesfield.

It's time for a change, time for our voices to be truly heard and demand change, let's use this platform, the community we have built to stand against this organisation and work with other clubs to bring that change.

At a time where clubs are suffering financially, the clubs we love, make history not for the wrong reasons but for the good, let's come together now and make a difference.

David, as much as i agree with you and applaud your post but IMO it is up to the 72 clubs to bring pressure on the EFL for change not the fans and therein lies the problem, some clubs probably don't have an issue with how the EFL is being run or see it as being not fit for purpose. The only way i can see your proposal being heard by the fans, to a degree, is for all the fans at the 72 clubs having a universal boycot on a certain matchday and that would never happen as the majority of fans don't give Two hoots about how the EFL operates so long as it doesn't concern their clubs and they can see their teams play. You mention the Seven clubs above but the other 90% of clubs have probably never had issues with the EFL and may rather take the view that the clubs you mention were somehow at fault for coming to the EFL's attention and they wouldn't find themselves in that situation

14 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I don’t see why any club wouldn’t be willing to unite against the EFL.

They may not agree with ways certain clubs go about things, such as us, but can they not see the EFL going from club to club, either trying to harm them in any way possible, or cause their demise through sheer negligence?

Clubs like Boro might be in the EFL’s side in cases like this, but what happens if they find themselves in a tricky situation in a couple years time? Are the EFL going to stick up for them and protect them? Highly unlikely. Any club could be the next Wigan, or Blackpool, or Bury. Why sit around and let a bunch of buffoons in suits sleepwalk towards catastrophe without you even realising yet?

The way they set themselves up against us should be enough of a warning sign for anybody, let alone their previous incidents. The organisation couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag and I see no way in which any club or owner could believe they’re capable to continue to govern 72 professional football clubs.

First they came for Birmingham, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Blue.

Then they came for Wigan, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Latic.

Then they came for Sheffield Wednesday, and I did not speak out - because I was not an Owl.

Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak for me.

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

David, as much as i agree with you and applaud your post but IMO it is up to the 72 clubs to bring pressure on the EFL for change not the fans and therein lies the problem, some clubs probably don't have an issue with how the EFL is being run or see it as being not fit for purpose. The only way i can see your proposal being heard by the fans, to a degree, is for all the fans at the 72 clubs having a universal boycot on a certain matchday and that would never happen as the majority of fans don't give Two hoots about how the EFL operates so long as it doesn't concern their clubs and they can see their teams play. You mention the Seven clubs above but the other 90% of clubs have probably never had issues with the EFL and may rather take the view that the clubs you mention were somehow at fault for coming to the EFL's attention and they wouldn't find themselves in that situation

Boycotting games only hurts the clubs, that is not an option, I do agree there will be fans that have no issues on how the Football League is run, however, the more voices that can be heard can be found further up the Football League and I' m sure we are not alone. 

The one thing I think needs to be pointed out in any sort of open letter/correspondence is that in a global pandemic when many small clubs will end up on the brink or even go under, that the EFL have decided to persue this rather than putting measures in to help safeguard those that it represents.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

The one thing I think needs to be pointed out in any sort of open letter/correspondence is that in a global pandemic when many small clubs will end up on the brink or even go under, that the EFL have decided to persue this rather than putting measures in to help safeguard those that it represents.

Exactly, even Boro that have not been happy how we operate, the legal expenses to pursue this case against us could have saved 2 or 3 so far employees jobs when Gibson has had free access to our accounts yet declined the opportunity to do so. 

That is 2 or 3 employees who have families to provide for, yet now find themselves unemployed over a fruitless pursuit that could have been resolved months earlier.

Archived