Genuine question, when will going to the match be the same as we once knew it.

Amberram

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be September 5th imo but with all the hysteria and scaremongering I wouldn’t imagine it before spring 2021. Shame because by then Quite a few clubs will have gone bust and we may never return to what we had, sad and stupid times. 

1 hour ago, Amberram said:

I’m interested in everyone’s take on it.

I for one think it mayI be quite a while if ever!

Like Sars, Covid-19 is likely to have a 2 year cycle.  I could see moves made in autumn and then shut down again.  Its sad as the virus is unlikely to be the main issue its our health and the state of the environment that has interacted with it. Vaccine is a red herring. Death rates are linked to air pollution. Symptoms are often akin to hypoxic injury similar to that seen with cyanide poisoning.  See Zach Bush MD for details if you can deal with a highly qualified but alternative  view.

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

As soon as the Oxford Vaccine is rolled out and we are all immune to Covid 19. Then it’s all down to how China improve their food hygiene practices.

By March 2021 as an estimate.

Have they got the new catering contract at Pride Park. Will the traditional pies and burgers be replaced with dim sum and egg foo yung.

1 hour ago, 1967RAMS said:

Never. By the time this is over we will have less clubs and  Individual TV  rights will be order of the day. The lower leagues could even be semi pro again 

Interesting and obvious view many teams may not survive, yes more lower leagues could go semi pro and maybe cut their cloth accordingly or go out of business.

There’s a possibility under a new normal, many people will not want their teams to die and many could rise from the ashes, albeit on a smaller scale, structure and as part of a reset; this might not be a bad thing for grass roots football if teams stop over reaching finances in pursuit of the next level.

The game in general, particularly agents and players have drained many clubs for a long time, can’t blame them but a new financial reality needs to be accepted by all participants, that might just be the one good things to come out of this.

Archived