Genuine question, when will going to the match be the same as we once knew it.

Amberram

31 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The entire world farms on industrial scales - not just the Brits and Americans - it's how we support such large populations. Same with anti-biotics.

China is to blame for this - there is no getting around it. Not only are conditions in their wet markets appalling, but so are conditions in their hospitals. Basic hygiene like washing your hands is absent in much of China even in medical facilities. Many of their doctors still practice "eastern medicine" instead of actual medicine and it was the communists fault it spread to the rest of the world when they tried to cover it up

I agree the whole world does it. It is an inefficient system that causes viruses to cross species because you create a monoculture which is unnatural. We dont need to demonise China for this it looks to have started there sure but this will happen elsewhere and has. hygiene is the least of our worries.

Have a look and see what you think about this discussion. I'd be interested in your thoughts.  

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, David said:

Any fan entering the ground must wear a nappy and bring their own alcohol. 

Nappy checks on arrival, anyone found not to be wearing one will have to lay down on a changing mat next to the turnstile and have one put on by the designated nappy steward. 

That sounds better than watching the football.

16 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

I agree the whole world does it. It is an inefficient system that causes viruses to cross species because you create a monoculture which is unnatural. We dont need to demonise China for this it looks to have started there sure but this will happen elsewhere and has. hygiene is the least of our worries.

Have a look and see what you think about this discussion. I'd be interested in your thoughts.  

Totally agree, but u can’t help but question some of the practices in place in China 

has to be questioned after recent world events 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Totally agree, but u can’t help but question some of the practices in place in China 

has to be questioned after recent world events 

Sure, lots to worry about from China including human rights issues. I'm just concerned that in our natural desire to blame an out-group we will miss the fundamental global issues of human behaviour which are causing the collapse of health in many ways.

2 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Sure, lots to worry about from China including human rights issues. I'm just concerned that in our natural desire to blame an out-group we will miss the fundamental global issues of human behaviour which are causing the collapse of health in many ways.

Totally 

not least plastic in the sea that’s entering the food chain 

a world issue that needs a greater level of attention that goes deeper than charging for carrier bags 

54 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

A long way off? I've seen pubs packed out Fridays and Saturdays these last 2 weeks.

Where? The Brunswick and Smith field? I've visited both recently and they were following socially distanced guidelines to the letter. Neither pub was packed out. 

5 hours ago, David said:

Any fan entering the ground must wear a nappy and bring their own alcohol. 

Nappy checks on arrival, anyone found not to be wearing one will have to lay down on a changing mat next to the turnstile and have one put on by the designated nappy steward. 

I'm in just a normal weekend for me .diaper-mates.jpg.e79fe4ea16289e944576aca0accaad56.jpg

20 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

well I think all this socail distancing waste of time I think they should let people do what they want to do anyways.

It’s not a waste of time B4, it helps to save lives. Please remember that. 

3 hours ago, Andrew3000 said:

Unfortunately even if we knew that pollution and industrialised intensive farming methods are factors which significantly affect human health, we would still do nothing about it. We would do nothing to change it. People are just too stupid. 

imo march next year, i know (and i know wales is different) the principality stadium is still looking at full capacity for the six nations next year, wouldn't be surprised if from november through to march if stadiums start a gradual return and see how it goes with allowing a higher capacity every few weeks/month (obviously dependent on if cases rocket or not before then)

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Unfortunately even if we knew that pollution and industrialised intensive farming methods are factors which significantly affect human health, we would still do nothing about it. We would do nothing to change it. People are just too stupid. 

Producers are just too greedy. 

Consumers too, or too poor. Not everyone has the income to make only ethical choices. 

I am happy to attend a game with social distancing, wearing a mask for now. I think we're ready to make some steps back towards normal. 

Of all places, a football ground ought to be one of the easiest places to root out people who don't comply - and stop them coming back until they've changed their ways.

For those with a subscription, The Athletic put out a good article

https://theathletic.com/1996223/2020/08/16/return-fans-coronavirus-project-restart/

Interesting it highlights some of the different pinch points (toilets etc) and quite rightly that different stadiums may have to operate with different capacity due to design and layout

If one good thing could come out of this, its getting alcohol back into the stands. So if it does happen, please behave yourselves! 

45 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well if snooker fans dont need masks nore do football fans then.

There’s not a lot of shouting at snooker.

if fact, there’s not a lot of breathing out.

Outdoor Diamond League athletics in Monaco this weekend with a sparse-ish crowd, all wearing masks. Good atmosphere and a world record.

I think the masks are a reassurance as much as anything and I was surprised to see the snooker crowd without them. Auditorium may be okay but there are some narrow passages and very enclosed areas behind the scenes.

Archived